1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Dec 26, 2016.

1. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Thanks for letting me know. I will take a look shortly. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. west india man

west india man Immortal

I'm pretty sure Snail-speed dates aren't meant to progress as fast as this:

Spoiler :

3. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

As far as I can tell, the Hyperlane route works fine. Could you upload the save? Maybe adding the new route caused some kind of backward compatibility problem.

I spent a while looking and I can't find any problems, so any hints would be much appreciated.

4. MlnwY

MlnwY Chieftain

Minor bug:
    The Climatology Lab obseletes at Weather Control, and at the same tech gets +2:science:
    Maybe it should obsolete at a later tech?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  5. CiverDan

CiverDan Warlord

I deleted the c2c folder in moved the updated one in the mods folder. Was able to reload normally. Many Heroes now have purple boxes for some reason now though...

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Which will cause a CTD when you try and build those Heroes. There is some art missing there.

7. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I am getting alot of crashes that are NOT repeatable, but i keep getting them, i have renamed some of the with a 11 or a 111 on the end because of the same dump number before it, but each one is in a different spot . . .

i have also noticed a few buildings lately that are RED blobs but i didnt notice them till too late . . i am just sayin' . . . .

Attached Files:

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

What version are you using for Caveman2Cosmos? And is that a recent game or a save game now played with a newer version than when it was started?

9. west india man

west india man Immortal

v37, and it's a recent game, started a few days ago

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm right now trying to hunt down some suspected sources of these.

11. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

River no longer connecting resources?

(SVN9716)

I founded a city, researched scavenging, and sent a gatherer to improve tile A that contained a Bison resource (see screenshot below).
    However, I did NOT get "Bison" (+1 health) as a resource. I would have thought that the river would have connected the resource to my city.
    So I trained another gatherer, and built a trail in tile B. When it finished, I got the popup that Bison (+1 health) was now connected. Despite the fact that there was no trail in tile A yet.

River1.jpg

Rivers also do not connect cities anymore. The river in the screenshot also went a long way to the east, and when I built another city next to that river, that city did not get resources from Washington D.C. I had to build a route of trails along the river.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It requires a certain tech level for rivers to connect to resources. Are you sure you have that tech yet?

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Snail had a miscalulation in v37 on dates.

I suggest Updating your v37 to either the current SVN Or to the Full Mod Patch I have supplied in the v37Update/Patch thread.

14. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

You might have a point there with regards to the 2nd city, however I can't easily test as I can't pillage my own trails, and erasing stuff in World Builder also erases the river (and I haven't figured out how to put back the river).

However, connecting tile A early in the game (without a trail there) by building a trail in tile B is odd no matter how you look at it.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah, that's a little odd. It should require the route on the bison as well. I'll be looking at the mountain access stuff when I can soon and maybe something will stand out about that then.

16. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Ok so I decided to do some testing. I made 2 testcases, one with raftbuilding tech and one without raftbuilding tech.

River2.jpg

CORRECT: Before raftbuilding, just improving the hemp (tile C, revealed and enabled) did not connect it. After raftbuilding, it was connected.

CORRECT: Before raftbuilding, improving the bison (tile A) AND building a trail there (but not in tile B) did not connect it.

ODD: Before raftbuilding, just improving the bison (tile A) did not connect it. However, building a trail in tile B did connect it. This is odd.

CORRECT: After raftbuilding, improving the hemp and the bison immediately connected them.

I will attach my 2 save games I used for testing, one with raft building tech and one without. It has gatherers standing by in all the relevant spots, and all trails and improvements can be made in 1 turn.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That confirms the behavior I suspected. I've got this reported on my bug list and will address it soon. Thanks for the save!

18. strategyonly

1. is there something wrong with the screens btns now? mine are starting in the wrong place?? see pic1

2. Dont u think the building of ALL the guilds are quite high compared to the rest of the buildings, at most on "NOMAL" most/some buildings are 6-8 per turn, but the guilds are over 23-28 turns each??? pic2

Attached Files:

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Guilds are Wonders. Not the most impressive wonders and perhaps they could be downgraded for being 'just' guilds. But they were priced as wonders since they are. I can't remember off the top of my head if they are world wonders or national wonders but they were priced to their category I believe.

20. strategyonly

another CTD, and i am inly around 50 turns into a new game, this hasnt happended in a long long long time, so it must be an "art" someplace . . .

Attached Files: