Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

I don't understand what you mean by movement more than 1 isn't working. Are you ordering a 3 space move but the unit is only taking one space move and then stopping or what?

Are you using the bug stack attack option, the main game stack attack option, neither or both?
ok, for instance the Master Hunter is supposed to be able to attack 3 times in the SAME turn. What is happening is that the GH is attacking a unit ONCE then the game goes to the next unit, whereas before it would STAY with the GH UNTIL his 3 "movements"/attacks are done. Also with the pic i had with the Horseman ALL units in the stack attack ONCE and the game AGAIN moves on to the next unit in ur civ, whereas before it would just go to the next horseman avail to attack and leave the one that attacked behind .

And no i dont use any of the "special" stack stuff, just what the game itself uses.

ok, for instance the Master Hunter is supposed to be able to attack 3 times in the SAME turn. What is happening is that the GH is attacking a unit ONCE then the game goes to the next unit, whereas before it would STAY with the GH UNTIL his 3 "movements"/attacks are done. Also with the pic i had with the Horseman ALL units in the stack attack ONCE and the game AGAIN moves on to the next unit in ur civ, whereas before it would just go to the next horseman avail to attack and leave the one that attacked behind .

And no i dont use any of the "special" stack stuff, just what the game itself uses.
I see. Ok. Thank you for explaining in more detail.

Thanks and try the latest please and let me know if you have any further problems.

Last edited:

This behaviour of the game jumping to another non involved unit As SO described has been on again off again for sometime in the Mod. You get into a battle and one unit has it's 1st action and the next thing you know your completely away from the battle and dealing with a worker (for example ) needing attention. Frustrating to say the least.

This behaviour of the game jumping to another non involved unit As SO described has been on again off again for sometime in the Mod. You get into a battle and one unit has it's 1st action and the next thing you know your completely away from the battle and dealing with a worker (for example ) needing attention. Frustrating to say the least.
It was a problem a while back but hasn't been one for a long time after Koshling did something to address it. I must have recently re-introduced it with a change intended to curb some crashes we were getting. The latest DLL reverted that change. If you encounter it still, send up a save with instructions on how to repeat. It is possible that the 'fix' I did just revealed the problem that exists elsewhere.

All I can say is it's a maddening knot of strings in the move/combat initiation sequence where a lot of unexpected results from a small change can occur and its initial setup is a bit odd. There's landmines regarding exe and graphic engine interaction all over the place there as well. It really is a hellish place to work on. I'm desperate to get the hell away from it tbh.

Have some of the building red blobs with new later era buildings been fixed yet? Most concerned with 1-2 that were auto-builds in particular. The others I can just avoid building for now.

Bug? AI created 5x the same hero unit right after an event. Not sure if the event is the cause or whether this is coincidence. See screenshot.

N.B. Po Ngbe is a hero unit that can create achievements. So this bug is very beneficial to this AI.

po_ngbe.jpg

@Toffer90 or @Dancing Hoskuld : could one of you maybe look into the event causing this?
Bug? AI created 5x the same hero unit right after an event. Not sure if the event is the cause or whether this is coincidence. See screenshot.

N.B. Po Ngbe is a hero unit that can create achievements. So this bug is very beneficial to this AI.

View attachment 479250
New nonrepeat ctd
Same cause. Too many spawns coming in at once. At this point, I'm putting a tracker in place in the code that will help to confirm the problem is what I suspect it to be and give me an idea of where to put a hardcoded limit in the spawn system.

So keep reporting these. Meanwhile I'll also soon look at spawn rates. I'd like to see the new DLL catch this info first though, so keep going and find the next crash point after I put this into effect here.

@TB:
ok.​
There is no events that spawn Po Ngbe and the unit XML looks fine.
The only explanation I can think of is that multiple production kicked in after a failed wonder production attempt and that the AI somehow had set up the city to produce more than one Po Ngbe (like when the human player alt+click or shift+click a unit to be trained more than once)... Anyhow, it's probably a problem in the dll.

It is possible that it a hero is the last thing selected in the queue and you have the option on that says build the last unit in the queue for ever, rather than specificly say keep building them, that may do it.

Look carefully at the message sequence. I was wrong... it's not events. It's a quest result. The quest where it asks you to get a particular resource inside the borders of another nation. Most of those quest results are programmed in python. Just need to figure out which one and review the coding. It COULD point back to the dll but I'm thinking that's unlikely.

Look carefully at the message sequence. I was wrong... it's not events. It's a quest result. The quest where it asks you to get a particular resource inside the borders of another nation. Most of those quest results are programmed in python. Just need to figure out which one and review the coding. It COULD point back to the dll but I'm thinking that's unlikely.
Looks like you are right, the quest event picks a unit by asking the dll what available units that the AI values the most, and doesn't mention any specific units in the code. I'll fix it tomorrow.
I only searched for any reference to _PO_NGBE in XML and python not realizing that the unit could be picked without any specific reference.

In this case through this dll call: CvPlayerAI::AI_unitValue(UnitTypes eUnit, UnitAITypes eUnitAI, CvArea* pArea, CvUnitSelectionCriteria* criteria)

with the XML Validation errors
Code:
-----------------------------------
Validating files in the current directory and all subdirectories
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:575,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Or' because the parent element's content model is text only.
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:713,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Not' because the parent element's content model is text only.
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:735,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Not' because the parent element's content model is text only.
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:885,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Is' because the parent element's content model is text only.

The GameInfo Schema indeed has TargetCondition as text only. So the error is correct and the condition may well be being ignored.

with the XML Validation errors
Code:
-----------------------------------
Validating files in the current directory and all subdirectories
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:575,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Or' because the parent element's content model is text only.
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:713,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Not' because the parent element's content model is text only.
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:735,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Not' because the parent element's content model is text only.
F:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4PropertyInfos.xml:885,17: The element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:TargetCondition' cannot contain child element 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml:Is' because the parent element's content model is text only.

The GameInfo Schema indeed has TargetCondition as text only. So the error is correct and the condition may well be being ignored.
I have no idea how to even follow how tags like this are supposed to work, even into the code to see how such tags are supposed to work. It's just too confusing.
@AIAndy might be able to comment.
The first reference the validator is pointing at is programmed with this syntax:
Code:
                     <TargetCondition>
                       <Or>
                         <Is>TAG_WATER</Is>
                         <Is>TAG_CITY</Is>
                         <Has>
                           <GOMType>GOM_IMPROVEMENT</GOMType>
                           <ID>IMPROVEMENT_FARM</ID>
                         </Has>
                       </Or>
                     </TargetCondition>
No idea how TargetCondition is supposed to function.

Getting a consistent CTD when attempting to use the highlight resources button. Did not occur before the discovery of gathering. Newest SVN as of post. Save here.

Note: I did change the camera speed in global defines but that was not causing an issue before

Getting a consistent CTD when attempting to use the highlight resources button. Did not occur before the discovery of gathering. Newest SVN as of post. Save here.
OK. Interesting. Folks we should back out of the last committed SVN. I'll have to figure out why it crashes at that point as soon as I can.

1. Python error:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1376, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1402, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 4151, in updateCityScreen

RuntimeError: vector<T> too long
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

2. Also:

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1376, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1381, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 2761, in updateSelectionButtons

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 3286, in canTriggerGreed

NameError: global name 'player' is not defined
ERR: Python function canTriggerGreed failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

1. cant upgrade my boat, see pic 1 and pic 3 also assassin also??

2. regular worker wont build a mine?? pic 2

3. now for some reason also the "roads" are now showing up on the map?? (pic 4

Attachments

• ujpgrade.JPG
    ujpgrade.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 44
  • mount cave.JPG
    mount cave.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 51
  • o[ha.JPG
    o[ha.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 64