Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Umpf, this is quite embarrassing :blush: . I looked for a save and found it. And say what, the Pirate ship was my own one, it just was on automation and for some reason crossed before my coast. Sorry for this!
It's more relieving for me ;) That's perfectly ok.

Why Matriarchy is contradicting itself when it comes to food production?
Spoiler :

Cities needs 1.05x more food to grow, but they produce 1.05x more food effectively cancelling each other.
Shouldn't their food need be only 0.95x?

Why Matriarchy is contradicting itself when it comes to food production?
Spoiler :

Cities needs 1.05x more food to grow, but they produce 1.05x more food effectively cancelling each other.
Shouldn't their food need be only 0.95x?
Oversight error was supposed to be cities only need .95 for food, missing "-" sign.

Fix in SVN committed.

This error appeared when I was checking city on another planet in Vertical Solar savegame.
Edit: That happens if I double click any AI city.
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1181, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1479, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 4973, in updateCitizenButtons

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'szInc' referenced before assignment
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
@Toffer90 not sure if its main mod or modmod error.

Using SVN 9966 I just got the Sea Turtles event and the purple marker looks like this:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 136
Using SVN 9966 I just got the Sea Turtles event and the purple marker looks like this:
That means that the text for the sign is missing from the text files.

Does hovering the mouse over the sign show the full text key? If it does knowing it will help fix it quicker.

edit 2 I have found it but someone else will need to look into it because as far as I can see everything is correct.
Event information - Sea Turtles
Code:
        <EventInfo>
            <Type>EVENT_SEA_TURTLES</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_SEA_TURTLES_1</Description>
            <PlotExtraYields>
                <PlotExtraYield>
                    <YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
                    <iExtraYield>1</iExtraYield>
                </PlotExtraYield>
            </PlotExtraYields>
            <PythonCallback>applyLandmarkFromEvent</PythonCallback>
            <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/Blank.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,5</Button>
            <iAIValue>1000</iAIValue>
        </EventInfo>
Sign text - Sea Turtles
Code:
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_SIGN_EVENT_SEA_TURTLES_1</Tag>
        <English>sea turtles</English>
        <French>tortues de mer</French>
        <German>Meeresschildkröten</German>
        <Italian>Testuggini</Italian>
        <Spanish>tortugas marinas</Spanish>
        <Polish>żółwie morskie</Polish>
    </TEXT>

And one that works Truffles
Code:
        <EventInfo>
            <Type>EVENT_TRUFFLES_1</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRUFFLES_1</Description>
            <BonusType>BONUS_MUSHROOMS</BonusType>
            <iBonusChange>1</iBonusChange>
            <Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/Blank.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,5</Button>
            <iAIValue>1000</iAIValue>
        </EventInfo>
text
Code:
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_SIGN_EVENT_TRUFFLES_1</Tag>
        <English>truffles</English>
        <French>truffes</French>
        <German>Trüffel</German>
        <Italian>Tartufi</Italian>
        <Spanish>trufas</Spanish>
        <Polish>trufle</Polish>
    </TEXT>

Last edited:
The math around the upkeep of subdued animals is still messed up. I used some in my capital to boost my science and my :gold:/turn went down from -2 to -9. It doesn't make any sense. I have less unit but I have to pay more upkeep.

The math around the upkeep of subdued animals is still messed up. I used some in my capital to boost my science and my :gold:/turn went down from -2 to -9. It doesn't make any sense. I have less unit but I have to pay more upkeep.
You had animals that were so reduced by the modifiers to upkeep that they were actually reducing your upkeep expenses. It's hard to keep this from being possible.

SVN: 9967
I also use Python Performance and Interface Overhaul ModMod but cancelled it out by deleting "BUG Main Interface.ini"

First I receive a non-fatal load warning related to "BUILDING CLASS - CAVE" when I load my saved game (See screenshot 1)
Then in the building queue, the images for any burial tradition was purple (See screenshot 2)
Finally when I try to build burial platforms I experienced a CTD.

Both screenshots, and saved game before and after modifier recalculation is attached.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Burak BC-115625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • Burak BC-115625 after modifier recalculation.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 97
You had animals that were so reduced by the modifiers to upkeep that they were actually reducing your upkeep expenses. It's hard to keep this from being possible.
I know that it's not a priority right now but sooner or later you should find a sollution to this problem. In the early game it makes harder to balance the economy on the edge and it makes possible to keep bigger army than you should because the animals pay for it. In my previous game I had 200+ subdued animals and I had a quite large army without any upkeep. I had to pay only for some units outside my borders.

SVN: 9967
I also use Python Performance and Interface Overhaul ModMod but cancelled it out by deleting "BUG Main Interface.ini"

First I receive a non-fatal load warning related to "BUILDING CLASS - CAVE" when I load my saved game (See screenshot 1)
Exactly as expected. This warning was put there to show you what is happening when buildings are removed. It is part of the save game compatibility. Before it was introduced unused buildings could not be removed from the XML without causing existing games to CTD.
Then in the building queue, the images for any burial tradition was purple (See screenshot 2)
Finally when I try to build burial platforms I experienced a CTD.

Both screenshots, and saved game before and after modifier recalculation is attached.
A purple button means that the art folder was not updated. It also means that you will get a CTD when you try and build the item.

Check your assets/art/interface/buttons/buildings folder there should be buttons for all the burial tradition buildings in there. They are on the SVN, I just checked.;)

after ur last update in the SVN i keep getting these messages each and every time i load C2C now???

Then i have to change to "default" (because the sound is no longer working) change it back to my setting then stop C2C, then load again . .(then i can get my sound .back) . . forgot about ini .

Last edited:
@alberts2

after ur last update in the SVN i keep getting these messages each and every time i load C2C now???

Then i have to change to "default" (because the sound is no longer working) change it back to my setting then stop C2C, then load again . .(then i can get my sound back) . .
Sometimes civ4 ini breaks for no reason and all civ4 settings are reset.
It happened twice to me so far.

Just change sound (and others as they may got reset too)setting and exit from game normally.

Last edited:
For the last week or so I have been getting errors relating to Sparth's C2C Civ Megapack civilizations:
upload_2018-3-10_6-18-15.png

Here is the code that Sparth uses:

<Buildings>
<Building>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CULTURE_HUMAN</BuildingClassType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_CULTURE_NAMERICAN</BuildingType>
</Building>
</Buildings>

I changed the "HUMAN" attribute for the Canadian civ above to "NATIVE" and no longer get the error - does this need to be done with all the civs in Sparth's megapack?

Thanks.

For the last week or so I have been getting errors relating to Sparth's C2C Civ Megapack civilizations:
View attachment 490728

Here is the code that Sparth uses:

<Buildings>
<Building>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CULTURE_HUMAN</BuildingClassType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_CULTURE_NAMERICAN</BuildingType>
</Building>
</Buildings>

I changed the "HUMAN" attribute for the Canadian civ above to "NATIVE" and no longer get the error - does this need to be done with all the civs in Sparth's megapack?

Thanks.
Yeah that is needed, if you do this I bet many would appreciate it if you uploaded a 7z file of the fixed modmod, in the Civ Megapack modmod thread.

I know that it's not a priority right now but sooner or later you should find a sollution to this problem. In the early game it makes harder to balance the economy on the edge and it makes possible to keep bigger army than you should because the animals pay for it. In my previous game I had 200+ subdued animals and I had a quite large army without any upkeep. I had to pay only for some units outside my borders.
Check if this is behaving as expected now with SVN rev. 9968.

@Toffer90 Thanks for your latest effort to resolve this.

Has anything changed recently in relation to the meeting of other nations? It appears that in Whisperr's game she's been having some trouble 'meeting' civs she's seeing (and they are seeing her) and even attacking. However, the one she was attacking the city of and still hadn't 'met' WAS a new city emerged from a barbarian city. So was a minor. Still, it wasn't showing up in her civ list. Very strange behavior there.

Advanced Mine Technology Center - special building - has pink 3D model when viewing on pedia
Civic (Martial Law) - special building - has pink icon.
Some achievements are written like this: Effect - Achievement (X) and others are like this: X Achievement

Last edited:
Top Bottom