Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

I'm confused. Mens, that earlier or later the memory lod will be each turn break the limit causing MAF.
I use the GEM map.
if that already happens to the gem map, how can play well someone with the UEM map by Pit2015 ???

I keep getting a consistent crash while end of turn processes. I have attached a save and the mini dump file if anyone would like to take a look.

Attachments

• DeBo.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.4 MB · Views: 46
  • MiniDump_10517.rar
    17.9 KB · Views: 30
I keep getting a consistent crash while end of turn processes. I have attached a save and the mini dump file if anyone would like to take a look.
I can look at it later this weekend.

Using SVN 10523

The Barricades building gives lots of negative values. (pic 1)

I have noticed over the last few years that railway stations built by the wonder Grand Central Station, disappear while still in the Industrial era. But I have never been able to track when. You can rebuild them.

In this game they were present before I researched Combustion and then disappeared while researching my next tech Hydro Electricity. At first I thought it might be spys, but all my cities have a spy and they all disappear (with no notification about spies).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 27
Using SVN 10523

The Barricades building gives lots of negative values. (pic 1)

I have noticed over the last few years that railway stations built by the wonder Grand Central Station, disappear while still in the Industrial era. But I have never been able to track when. You can rebuild them.

In this game they were present before I researched Combustion and then disappeared while researching my next tech Hydro Electricity. At first I thought it might be spys, but all my cities have a spy and they all disappear (with no notification about spies).
Barricades close one trade route, just like all other walls.

Also looks like Grand Central Station is broken.
It should give railroad station to all cities with >6 pop in same continent.
Upload save.

Last edited:
Is there a way to control where an exile appear around a city when it is first built? I do have the following problem time to time:
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

I know that Yudishtira managed to proceed in his long game by saving at the end of every turn, process a turn, and (if it didn't CTD) he'd save and continue playing.
That was with a version of the mod from 2015. My new save, on an even slower speed with the current(ish) SVN, doesn't have that problem (currently in mid-Modern), so I would confidently state that that particular problem is well and truly fixed. Neither are on Pit's scenario. How big is his map (mine are only Huge)?

However, I do have a strange bug to report. The tech leader AI in my save (Willem, Brazil) has stopped teching. He got to Information Era, but now he just won't select a new tech. I've tried setting his tech in WB, but when that one finishes it's the same thing.

His research slider is at 100%, and he's even building research in a few cities, so it's not that he's switched all his efforts to gold, culture or EPs.

In this save, he is one turn from finishing the first tech I set him up with (Gastronomy). So just hit end turn.

Attachments

• Iustinianus Aegypti AD1478t5142.7z
    10.9 MB · Views: 57
That was with a version of the mod from 2015. My new save, on an even slower speed with the current(ish) SVN, doesn't have that problem (currently in mid-Modern), so I would confidently state that that particular problem is well and truly fixed. Neither are on Pit's scenario. How big is his map (mine are only Huge)?

However, I do have a strange bug to report. The tech leader AI in my save (Willem, Brazil) has stopped teching. He got to Information Era, but now he just won't select a new tech. I've tried setting his tech in WB, but when that one finishes it's the same thing.

His research slider is at 100%, and he's even building research in a few cities, so it's not that he's switched all his efforts to gold, culture or EPs.

In this save, he is one turn from finishing the first tech I set him up with (Gastronomy). So just hit end turn.
Update to latest SVN - after recalculations that AI researched tech and likely changed civic causing anarchy after that.
If it isn't case, then looks like you got interesting bug.

@Toffer90
I'm getting python errors with PPIO on that save.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 313, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "RevEvents", line 127, in onEndGameTurn
  File "RevEvents", line 961, in checkForAssimilation
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getNumCities'
  File "autologEventManager", line 1449, in onCivicRejected
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack
  File "RevEvents", line 127, in onEndGameTurn
  File "RevEvents", line 961, in checkForAssimilation
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getNumCities'

Last edited:
Is there a way to control where an exile appear around a city when it is first built? I do have the following problem time to time:
View attachment 522562
naw... sorry... that happens at times, rendering them pretty well useless for that game.

Last edited:
Barricades close one trade route, just like all other walls.

I know yhat you lose commerce/hammers etc when you lose a trade route.
I should have been more specific. The Barricade is a defensive building which in this case (due to modifiers) gives -80% to defence if you look at the 'actual' values. Just does not seem worth the cost to me, for the benefit it gives.

Also looks like Grand Central Station is broken.
It should give railroad station to all cities with >6 pop in same continent.

It does initially. Then you just eventually lose them (usually in the same era it was built) well before it becomes obsolete. You only know, when you spot it in the too build list.

Upload save.

I do not have one as it was over 40 turns or so before I knew they had gone.

However here is another puzzle, probably related.. The save below was created in svn 10510.

Load it into the latest svn (mine was 10523). Do NOT recalculate modifiers.

Via F1, look at the city Noongar. In the build list is a railway station.

Now recalculate modifiers (Ctl Shift t).

Via F1, look at the city Noongar again. In the build list no railway station.

Attachments

• Yagan_June-12,-453-AD_Apr-13-2019_23-57-09.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.1 MB · Views: 50
Game exits to desktop after ending turn every time.
Latest (10524) SVN, save started on 10517 I believe.

Using PPIO 0.6.0.7, No Longitude and Latitude Limits and a personally adjusted CIV4EraInfos.xml to increase research length for post-industrial eras.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get a minidump file despite having the logging turned on, it doesn't seem to be creating one.
I'm unsure if any of the other log files are of use, so I haven't uploaded any.

Attachments

• Egypt Crash on Turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.1 MB · Views: 52
The minidump file is located not in your Caveman2Cosmos folder but should be in the base BtS game folder.

PythonErr.log can be of use if it is not empty.
Ignore PythonErr2.log if you have it, it is useless.

PPIO 0.6.0.7 is not compatible with C2C rev. 10524 btw.

Last edited:
Gave it another shot after updating PPIO and the SVN version.
Continues to crash, PythonErr.log is empty and the BtS folder does not have a minidump file.

Gave it another shot after updating PPIO and the SVN version.
Continues to crash, PythonErr.log is empty and the BtS folder does not have a minidump file.
Does it crash without PPIO? Regardless of your answer, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Update to latest SVN - after recalculations that AI researched tech and likely changed civic causing anarchy after that.
If it isn't case, then looks like you got interesting bug.
Thanks for your reply. SVN 10523(?) doesn't fix it. Even WB doesn't show them to be in anarchy. Where the tech should be, it's just blank. And it appears to have gone on for 20 turns without me noticing. And they've probably got Cristo Redentor.

Last edited:
Upgrade from wanderer to tracker does not update Unit AI. It sticks with explorer AI, not the hunter AI it should be. I wonder if other cross-class upgrades have this issue too . . .

found this because those keep turning on status standout for auto hunting

Game exits to desktop after ending turn every time.
Latest (10524) SVN, save started on 10517 I believe.

Using PPIO 0.6.0.7, No Longitude and Latitude Limits and a personally adjusted CIV4EraInfos.xml to increase research length for post-industrial eras.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get a minidump file despite having the logging turned on, it doesn't seem to be creating one.
I'm unsure if any of the other log files are of use, so I haven't uploaded any.

Using SVN 10521 you game progressed to next turn just fine. I did Not do a Re-Calc though. This may be important fact.

Below is you save game advanced to next turn. I added 2 build items to Capital city and then saved the game. You of course can go in a change accordingly.

Please post your Computer specs.

I'm using an i72600k @3.4Ghz. I have 16gb of ram but only 4 is needed to run the game. My video card is and older 2 GB DDR5 GTX 760 Ti OEM. You can play C2C with only 1 GB of DDR3 vid ram though.

**You are playing on a Gigantic Earth Map with 31 AI Plus the NPCs.**

Luckily you do not have Rev On. BUT, you have 166 Subdued animals in your capital city alone!!! Have you upped the Spawn rate for animals?

Some of your Religion Set up Options may be troublesome as well.

I have screenshots as well as your save below. The screenshots show some of your game set up Options. I thought I had taken 2 more but must have hit the wrong key to save a screenie on them. It's early morning here and I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee. :p

I strongly suspect you've maxed your computer out on this game. CPU speed Is very important for a Gigantic Map with 31 AI Plus the NPC and player. That or your graphics card is struggling. Something else to consider is how many apps do you have running in the background when you play?

Point is even though I can advance your game just fine you Are pushing the BtS game Engine with the Size of Map and # of AI and # of animals on this map for your computer.

Well Try the save and see if you can progress to next turn.

EDIT: One more thing before you try to advance the turn and before you load the save, Clear this cache folder contents. Select all and delete the files inside.
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG
    372.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Ramesses II BC-4327.7z
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Inca city names Andahuaylas and Chuito still not fixed (10523).

Top Bottom