Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Give me two more weeks. :)
Very cool! We shall wait, then test the beejeezus out of it, then soon after consider ourselves in a freeze period. That gives me a few more weeks to do some new selection options for the trait selection popup so that's cool. And of course more debugging.

Unit cargo volumes and capacities need a lot of work. You wouldn't want a full version release with them the way they are... would you?

Unit cargo volumes and capacities need a lot of work. You wouldn't want a full version release with them the way they are... would you?
I might try to work on that further but I suspect it'd take a good number of months to get it completely right. I know some things are wrong but I don't know why.

Very cool! We shall wait, then test the beejeezus out of it, then soon after consider ourselves in a freeze period. That gives me a few more weeks to do some new selection options for the trait selection popup so that's cool. And of course more debugging.
Then it looks like when I get back from Utah I better put more of the Civic changes in place quicker. Even if I have not gotten all the testing I want into it.
Question to Team, is anyone having any problems with the way the early early game is playing out now in regards to civics? If so please Post what your concerns are in the Civics Thread. I'll go thru them when I get back.

Very minor thing, a city name for Egypt comes up as TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_AVARIS 20190427175755_1.jpg. This happened on SVN 10561.

SVN10562

I'm experiencing a repeatable hang when ending a turn, preventing progress in my game. Changing the order of actions (and actions themselves) in previous turn saves makes no difference in avoiding the hang, AFAIK. This matches some unstable, hard-to-replicate hangs at turn starts that I've had since updating my game save to this revision (from before SVN10481; I last updated to add Complex Traits). As of this revision, I normally see intermittent motion on-screen while the AI turn calculates, vs. a static end-turn screen until new turn.

Game info:
Snofru's Standard Spacemap 01 (Earth-like)
Monarch difficulty
Minor significant alterations via WorldBuilder (Game Data largely untouched)

Modmods loaded:
PPIO v0.6.1.10
Rescaled Latitude Limits

I've collected logs (AI excluded) and my DxDiag alongside my two latest manual saves. Please let me know if you need more files.

Attachments

• Caveman2Cosmos SVN10562 repeat turn hang on Snofru Standard Spacemap 01.7z
    7.6 MB · Views: 18
SVN10562

I'm experiencing a repeatable hang when ending a turn, preventing progress in my game. Changing the order of actions (and actions themselves) in previous turn saves makes no difference in avoiding the hang, AFAIK. This matches some unstable, hard-to-replicate hangs at turn starts that I've had since updating my game save to this revision (from before SVN10481; I last updated to add Complex Traits). As of this revision, I normally see intermittent motion on-screen while the AI turn calculates, vs. a static end-turn screen until new turn.

Game info:
Monarch difficulty

Modmods loaded:
PPIO v0.6.1.10
Rescaled Latitude Limits

I've collected logs (AI excluded) and my DxDiag alongside my two latest manual saves. Please let me know if you need more files.
Turning on and off game options in worldbuilder especially Complex Traits might cause problems.

Tech leader should be in Classical era according to calendar.

Update to latest SVN.

Turning on and off game options in worldbuilder especially Complex Traits might cause problems.
Is there a way to safely reset WorldBuilder configuration for this mod? I'd like to try that first and see what happens. If that fixes the hang, then that makes a log dive less urgent for the time being.

I'm on the latest public SVN. The only changes I made were to max trade routes, which would then revert on the following turn.

Last edited:
Is there a way to safely reset WorldBuilder configuration for this mod? I'd like to try that first and see what happens.
You can't do that at all, as any changes in worldbuilder are final and can't be undone.

But you can change back stuff, if you remember what you did.

There may be actual bug here too.

Last edited:
SVN10562

Game info:
Monarch difficulty

Modmods loaded:
PPIO v0.6.1.10
Rescaled Latitude Limits

This highlights a nasty calculation mistake in my new leader levelup formula for very high level leaders. I should have this fixed on the SVN soon.
speaking of, hows mine going??
Just fixed this and should be on the SVN with the above fix and I'm hoping one other fix to a crash that was PM'd to me.

latest SVN:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvScreensInterface", line 138, in showForeignAdvisorScreen
File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 330, in interfaceScreen
File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 352, in drawContents
File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 1220, in drawResourceDeals
IndexError: list index out of range
ERR: Python function showForeignAdvisorScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface

latest SVN:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvScreensInterface", line 138, in showForeignAdvisorScreen
File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 330, in interfaceScreen
File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 352, in drawContents
File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 1220, in drawResourceDeals
IndexError: list index out of range
ERR: Python function showForeignAdvisorScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface
Upload save.

Edit: I had earlier version of this save. Recalculated variables and then it crashed during turn.
I guess its that bug which wasn't fixed yet.

Attachments

• MiniDump_10560.rar
    12.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Upload save.

Edit: I had earlier version of this save. Recalculated variables and then it crashed during turn.
I guess its that bug which wasn't fixed yet.
The mini shows an interesting crash that takes place when a unit suffers its final death processing. I'm not sure how it gets to this point so I'd need to process the save up to that in the debug run to have a chance to fix it.

The mini shows an interesting crash that takes place when a unit suffers its final death processing. I'm not sure how it gets to this point so I'd need to process the save up to that in the debug run to have a chance to fix it.
I recalculated variables in this save. I have PPIO, but bug shouldn't disappear if you recalculate variables again.

Had to upload save to Mediafire as something broke here.

I recalculated variables in this save. I have PPIO, but bug shouldn't disappear if you recalculate variables again.

Had to upload save to Mediafire as something broke here.
Thanks for trying. I was unable to replicate a crash by recalculating and running a turn. Maybe it's a PPIO thing.

Thanks for trying. I was unable to replicate a crash by recalculating and running a turn. Maybe it's a PPIO thing.
It may be that there are crash bugs in BUG option coding.

That is what is repeatable here may be not repeatable on other computer due to different BUG options.

This is why I asked SO to upload his save again.

It may be that there are crash bugs in BUG option coding.

That is what is repeatable here may be not repeatable on other computer due to different BUG options.

This is why I asked SO to upload his save again.
Bug options usually load as they were in the save iirc.

Bug options usually load as they were in the save iirc.
Bug options are only stored in the ini files inside the UserSettings folder. Loading a save does not change the configuration of someones bug options.
If you delete your UserSettings folder and then load any save, your bug option will be set to default values, doesn't matter what bug options were in use when the save was made.

Top Bottom