Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

You need to update to latest SVN version. T-brd fixed this with 10542.

EDIT:
I still had a few flaws in this. I believe I have it correct now.

Re-peatable CTD - - mini and save in zip . . crash in near end of turn if that helps / /
I know i dont say this enough, so THANKS again TB for fixing this flaw in the game of C2C, its been miserable without being able to play for 2 1/2 days , so again THANKS,, , ,, , SO

Last edited:
Got a CTD.
Normal/Noble/Tiny game on autorun.
One AI never expanded unlike 3 others, that expand nicely.
Crashed at around 400th turn.

Autosave and minidump are in this file.

Looks like its repeatable crash.
Or it may be bug with autoplay.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0725.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Got a CTD.

k... I'll probably look into it later tonight.
I know i dont say this enough, so THANKS again TB for fixing this flow in the game of C2C, its been miserable without being able to play for 2 1/2 days , so again THANKS,, , ,, , SO
You're welcome. Sorry I goofed this bit of code that caused it in the first place.

Got a CTD.

This one would have been hard to get to repeat as it would be very rare. The mini helped here a lot. A very uncommon and minor crash bug but glad to have caught it.

The band of Homo Sapiens is missing the promotion for spawning the tribal guardian.
I'm not sure if its PPIO specific, but @Toffer90 does some XML changes too.
You can look up changes by using diff tool on those changed files.

I don't copy SVN files after update - my mod folder is live SVN.

Last edited:
This one would have been hard to get to repeat as it would be very rare. The mini helped here a lot. A very uncommon and minor crash bug but glad to have caught it.
So autorun is good way to catch bugs, since AI is much faster than player :D
Tiny map - C2C pangea with 4 AIs on Normal speed and Noble handicap.
Such setup is good enough to test stuff.

I don't know if it is by choice or bug but a few animal myths (bird etc) requires taxonomy to be researched which makes them impossible to build in prehistoric era.
Screenshot 2019-04-23 16.48.09.png

I don't know if it is by choice or bug but a few animal myths (bird etc) requires taxonomy to be researched which makes them impossible to build in prehistoric era.
View attachment 523316
Some of those myths are taxonomy myths - myths about groups of animals.
That is @Dancing Hoskuld made some myths specially for this techs.

ran into an Endless loop usually takes around 2 minutes per turn i waited just over 6 minutes and still nothing???. . .
Got 4 asserts about cargo size or something like that on save load (debug dll).
@Thunderbrd did cargo volume for ships actually bugged out this time?

Last edited:
I did not get a great prophet upon researching Yoruba, despite Divine Prophets. I am uncertain if it may be an interaction due to Limited Religions or a more global problem.

I presume it was not me merely being beaten to the tech or a problem with the tech itself. Shamanism was only just founded by an AI at 3246 BC; I had deliberately skipped all other religious techs because of Limited Religions. I can only assume the AIs have researched earlier religions but could not found them because they were not awarded the Prophet and had to wait for a natural one to be produced. (I am uncertain as to their exact state since I conquered the only AI on my continent and am unable to explore further until Seafaring. I did discover one more AI - or rather perhaps he saw me, since I don't see his border or units, even in shadow - at the edge of my exploration, but I do not know his position on the learderboard. I'm fairly certain I am tech leader, though.)

Got 4 asserts about cargo size or something like that on save load (debug dll).
@Thunderbrd did cargo volume for ships actually bugged out this time?
That's been an issue for a long time now. Too complex to quick fix.

I'll take a look at the infinite loop as time permits.

I am uncertain if it may be an interaction due to Limited Religions or a more global problem.
Possibly something with Limited Religions. Do you own a holy city already?

I do not. As I mentioned, the only religion to have been founded so far is Shamanism by an AI.

I will try a quick game tomorrow without limited religions to double check.

Also, I captured a barbarian temporarily and noticed "Native Culture (Barbarian)" in the list, which offers 25% less food to grow. I razed the city rather than keep it, but I or someone else will probably want to check that a captured barbarian city doesn't propagate such a substantial bonus to all your civ's cities, just as it does when capturing a city from another regional culture.

I noted and reported 2 months ago that a change before that time frame (2 months ago) something was done to Religion Tech's research time making it longer. And as such the AI ever since In All my test games are reluctant and decidedly slow to build any religion after the 1st 3, Druid, Shaman, and Tengrii. We Had a good setting prior to this as it was a hard race with AI to found any Religion until late Classical into Med Eras.

I do not think this is Niveras problem as he is using Divine Prophets and the need for GP to found any religion with that Option. BUT the AI does not found religions with the pace they had at this Year's start.

Top Bottom