Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

I do not. As I mentioned, the only religion to have been founded so far is Shamanism by an AI.

I will try a quick game tomorrow without limited religions to double check.

Also, I captured a barbarian temporarily and noticed "Native Culture (Barbarian)" in the list, which offers 25% less food to grow. I razed the city rather than keep it, but I or someone else will probably want to check that a captured barbarian city doesn't propagate such a substantial bonus to all your civ's cities, just as it does when capturing a city from another regional culture.
You know what? If I recall, you don't get free prophets at religious techs if you are on Limited Religions. You are supposed to use one you birth to start a religion you have the tech for.

I noted and reported 2 months ago that a change before that time frame (2 months ago) something was done to Religion Tech's research time making it longer. And as such the AI ever since In All my test games are reluctant and decidedly slow to build any religion after the 1st 3, Druid, Shaman, and Tengrii. We Had a good setting prior to this as it was a hard race with AI to found any Religion until late Classical into Med Eras.

I do not think this is Niveras problem as he is using Divine Prophets and the need for GP to found any religion with that Option. BUT the AI does not found religions with the pace they had at this Year's start.
I recently discovered that the amount of research cost is a factor in which tech to go after. If there are globals somewhere that help define the value for a religious technology for leaders, possibly even a tag for leaders directly though don't mess with flavors, you might be able to find where you can offset that we made Religious techs cost more - we may also have diminished the value some by making them so only one can get the tech. See what you can find in the xml for leaders... there may be quite a bit of value determination on religions there somewhere because I know some leaders care more than others somehow. I'm not looking at actual code or tags at the moment, just pointing in a valid direction to take a look.

Understood and a possible source. I vaguely remember DH wanting to do something to Religion Giving Tech around the turn of the year. That is another source I may try to track down.

But it may be on hold for a week or so as this weekend I'm off to Utah to go rockhounding in the Juab County,Thomas Mtn Range, and in particular Topaz Mountain and Sunstone Knoll. Will be about ~150 miles northeast of Vegas.

Understood and a possible source. I vaguely remember DH wanting to do something to Religion Giving Tech around the turn of the year. That is another source I may try to track down.

But it may be on hold for a week or so as this weekend I'm off to Utah to go rockhounding in the Juab County,Thomas Mtn Range, and in particular Topaz Mountain and Sunstone Knoll. Will be about ~150 miles northeast of Vegas.
Going back there huh? Must have enjoyed the first trip around. Very cool... I usually really love heading out to Utah. Let us know how it goes!

Did something happen to the Foreign Adviser screen cant see certain area's of it???1

also some of the "ships" r waaay to large compared to others??? pic is just an example of 1 there r lots like this??2

also can we pls move these techs ALL up one , see pic. .3

did we also have some graphic for thunderstorm and such?? pic 4

Attachments

• for adv.JPG
    for adv.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 96
  • size diff.JPG
    size diff.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 73
  • up.JPG
    up.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 113
  • thunder.JPG
    thunder.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
it would be easy to add a storm from the bug option. the option may complicate things though. what did u have in mind for that? a 1 turn graphic thing or a storm like 1 from the bug option?

Edit: actually to use that storm you would have to make sure the event doesn't happen on plots with a feature since the storm is a feature. I don't know if that's ok

Last edited:
it would be easy to add a storm from the bug option. the option may complicate things though. what did u have in mind for that? a 1 turn graphic thing or a storm like 1 from the bug option?
dang i was thinking of the tornado one, geez . . brain fart . .

Been having more end of turn issues lately with a new save, so I'm asking this before uploading anything.

Is there any way to force a minidump to be created, as I never seem to get them on a crash.
Instead, I only get the game closing to the desktop silently without any actual error or lockup.

EDIT: Another thing, is there a option within TortoiseSVN to restore everything to a pure state without any leftover files/personal changes? Want to test that, but can't redownload the entire SVN.

EDIT: Another thing, is there a option within TortoiseSVN to restore everything to a pure state without any leftover files/personal changes? Want to test that, but can't redownload the entire SVN.

right click c2c folder -> TortoiseSVN -> clean

right click c2c folder -> TortoiseSVN -> clean
Clean just takes care of bad states - revert changes every file back to as it should be for the current revision.

Clean just takes care of bad states - revert changes every file back to as it should be for the current revision.
Clean up reverts any modifications you may have done if all checkboxes are ticked, well one of those that is unticked by default at least does. One of the tick boxes even deletes new files (files that are not present in the SVN repository) during the clean up.

Best to leave those uncheckeed so you don't mess things up later and just use revert instead. But it's good to know they are there - I was not aware of that because I wouldn't go off default (though there's one selection that's non-default that you need to select on Cleanups... can't recall which.)

Did something happen to the Foreign Adviser screen cant see certain area's of it???1

also some of the "ships" r waaay to large compared to others??? pic is just an example of 1 there r lots like this??2

also can we pls move these techs ALL up one , see pic. .3

1. Probably your resolution is too small for it, even on 1280x1024 it gets cut a bit.

2. I'm not sure if Size Matters rescale sizes of units, @Thunderbrd can answer.
Also there might be error somewhere in art defines.

3. @KaTiON_PT is overhauling Prehistoric (and Information) eras, so this will be changed.

4. Make sure you don't have disabled effects in your graphic settings.
Event text may be outdated, and storms/tornadoes aren't spawned.
Also in BUG options you can disable spawning of thunderstorms and tornadoes, so they won't appear.

You know what? If I recall, you don't get free prophets at religious techs if you are on Limited Religions. You are supposed to use one you birth to start a religion you have the tech for.

Yes, it seems like it is an overlap between Divine Prophets and Limited Religions.

Limited Religions neither founds the religion randomly nor gives you a great prophet upon researching the religion. Without DP and using Limited Religions only, researching the religion will found the religion in a random city (or by whatever selection process it uses).

2. I'm not sure if Size Matters rescale sizes of units, @Thunderbrd can answer.
Also there might be error somewhere in art defines.
It does not.
3. @KaTiON_PT is overhauling Prehistoric (and Information) eras, so this will be changed.
I was thinking the same thing... @KaTiON_PT : What's the timetable looking like on the prehistoric restructure? Should we be looking to include it in the next release or should we be starting to move towards a freeze for another version release first? What do you think?

Yes, it seems like it is an overlap between Divine Prophets and Limited Religions.

Limited Religions neither founds the religion randomly nor gives you a great prophet upon researching the religion. Without DP and using Limited Religions only, researching the religion will found the religion in a random city (or by whatever selection process it uses).
Yes, I now remember that is as it was planned. You only have to use one prophet to found your religion since you only get one religion to found, so you have to birth that prophet the hard way to get your religion on this setting. Now... since religious techs no longer allow more than one player to research them, I might have to make it so you can only research one - and maybe at that point I'll let you get the free prophet out of it anyhow. I'll give it some consideration.

I know it doesn't actually matter but I don't think revert removes any files.

I know it doesn't actually matter but I don't think revert removes any files.
Probably doesn't. But it's unusual to have added a file for a non-team modder, isn't it?

Top Bottom