Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

I wonder if the number can go so low it integer overflows into extreme positives again. :mischief:
It would happen at - 2 147 483 647 :p

But upward pressure would be very high.

I'm nearing 500th turn on AI autoplay with 7 civs (Blitz/Noble/Gigantic (Large Earth part)).
Turns last somewhere around 3 - 4 minutes.
That is 23.5 - 30 seconds per AI (Counting 5 NPCs+Autosaving as separate AI).

Civs are in Industrial - Information eras.

Nice to see this selection group buf fixed.

• Fixed errors in CvPlayer which disabled the removal of dead SelectionGroups from NPC's

This should fix the cleanup of dead SelectionGroups from NPC's it was caused by changes made almost 5 years ago in.
Also this change was almost 6 years ago @alberts2 :p

Attachments

• X.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
If T-Brd has an inclination or time to check it I've pushed an early game to where the Unit Supply stuff happens (SVN 10052). Currently, as seen by the Military and Financial Advisers, it's only reached 1 ghost unit being calculated for Unit Supply.
I have played on pure SVN 10052, no own modifications.

Attachments

• Military Adv.jpg
    Military Adv.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Financial Adv.jpg
    Financial Adv.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 39
  • Aztec 10052.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Funny bug or feature: You can use fort type improvements to make canals.
550 turn of AI autoplay (Blitz/Noble/Gigantic (Large Earth)).
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-04-24 11-36-42-90.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-04-24 11-36-57-32.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-04-24 11-38-45-29.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-04-24 11-39-17-69.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-04-24 11-40-36-68.jpg

Turns take somewhere between 3 - 4 minutes.
With turn times like these there is no reason to rush your own turns.
So I guess on such map you can do at best 10 turns per hour in midgame.
30 - 40 mins for end of turn processing and 30 - 20 mins spent on actual playing during hour.
I guess 3 - 4 minutes turn in midgame is norm with 6 AIs and 1 player on Standard/Larrge map..

Attachments

• X.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Not a bug, and has been used to make canals since Civilization II if I recall.
Correct. There is a limit though. They can't allow deeper access into land than one space. I did program a tag to allow us to make longer canals. Hasn't been put to use yet.

If T-Brd has an inclination or time to check it I've pushed an early game to where the Unit Supply stuff happens (SVN 10052). Currently, as seen by the Military and Financial Advisers, it's only reached 1 ghost unit being calculated for Unit Supply.
I have played on pure SVN 10052, no own modifications.
It's still almost impossible to catch happening. I would've hoped alberts2's recent fix might've been addressing the culprit.

Funny bug or feature: You can use fort type improvements to make canals.
Not a bug, and has been used to make canals since Civilization II if I recall.
Correct. There is a limit though. They can't allow deeper access into land than one space. I did program a tag to allow us to make longer canals. Hasn't been put to use yet.

With the inclusion of Super Forts in C2C we reduced this ability slightly. In normal Civ II - IV you can place two forts next to each other and thus make a canal that is a maximum of 2 plots long. With Super Forts we made it so that you can't place a fort next to another fort so canals in C2C have a maximum length of one. I have used forts to connect between the open ocean and a lake, from that lake to another and from that final lake to another open ocean. Cities do the same thing.

With the inclusion of Super Forts in C2C we reduced this ability slightly. In normal Civ II - IV you can place two forts next to each other and thus make a canal that is a maximum of 2 plots long. With Super Forts we made it so that you can't place a fort next to another fort so canals in C2C have a maximum length of one. I have used forts to connect between the open ocean and a lake, from that lake to another and from that final lake to another open ocean. Cities do the same thing.
In screenshot there are command bunkers and they can be placed next to each other.

Mixed use development is unbuildable because you need both the Metropolitan and the Capital Administration in a city, and they are mutually exclusive (Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\Pepper2000Earth_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml lines 22194 - 22203).

In screenshot there are command bunkers and they can be placed next to each other.
Someone has messed with the XML there should be a tag in there saying how close they can be. Forts and larger are supposed to be 2 plots from each other.

I suspect that a change was made so that you can build forts next to cities, for siege purposes. To do that they would have to remove the distance between forts!!! Super Forts is now broken:(

Someone has messed with the XML there should be a tag in there saying how close they can be. Forts and larger are supposed to be 2 plots from each other.

I suspect that a change was made so that you can build forts next to cities, for siege purposes. To do that they would have to remove the distance between forts!!! Super Forts is now broken:(
What if two workers build forts next to each other and finish them on same turn?
There is also world wonder spawning bunkers near borders.

What if two workers build forts next to each other and finish them on same turn?
There is also world wonder spawning bunkers near borders.
1) what happened before was that one completed and the other didn't.

2) Good which one is it I need to make more and need the code for the Advanced Start project. They are getting defensive units in them aren't they?

They should also be spawning with a plot between them to make use of ZoC.

What if you are Not using ZOC option? I don't like it so I don't use it.

What if you are Not using ZOC option? I don't like it so I don't use it.
Having them at least one plot apart, though two is better, is better coverage of land and was better for the AI placement. With or without ZOC.

Having them 2 apart works best with ZOC which I really like. As a more defensive player it makes it easier to defend my borders.

thus make a canal that is a maximum of 2 plots long.
Only possible if that's the length to complete the canal. The water has to be on one side and on the other side and divided by only two spaces, both of which then have forts in them. I thought there were limitations on how close forts were placed to each other too but I don't care if there are or aren't.
Mixed use development is unbuildable because you need both the Metropolitan and the Capital Administration in a city, and they are mutually exclusive (Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\Pepper2000Earth_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml lines 22194 - 22203).
I corrected that and Pepper's xml adjustment script must have broken it again. PM him on this.

I thought there were limitations on how close forts were placed to each other too but I don't care if there are or aren't.
There was but there was also a bug which became apparent.

It was supposed to be that forts could not be placed next to another fort or to a plot next to a fort. However it counts cities and all watchtowers as forts as well, which it should not. Also it was counting foreign forts etc, also which it should not.

I'm getting a failed to compress saved game data error when I try to save the game. I tried saving to a new file, but I had the same problem. What does this mean?

I'm getting a failed to compress saved game data error when I try to save the game. I tried saving to a new file, but I had the same problem. What does this mean?

Can you share with us the logs? Also take a look on this small thread, the OP had the same issue. Basically check if you have enough room on your hard drive.

Make sure your BtS is patched to the Official 3.19 patch.

If you are using Steam then go to the Steam workshop for Beyond the Sword and use the version /work around found there. Steam's version of BtS 3.19 is not compatible with regular BtS 3.19. They changed it. Which makes using Mods like Caveman2Cosmos incompatible.

Top Bottom