Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Pity. It was one of the few things that actually worked against the steamroller effect and was close to reality.
Wasnt close at all. If theres one technology that nations have sought to keep other nations from having its nuclear technology. A nation is a nuclear capable nation as soon as it has successfully tested its own detonation. Until then we do all we can to keep details and particulars out of their hands.

The Modern Mill doesn't obsolete.
Modern mill obsoletes. It is Oxen mill not obsoleteing.

It looks like bug, as oxen mill is replaced by modern mill.
It was in pepper module, replaced modern mill with oxen mill obsoletion.

Modern mill obsoletes. It is Oxen mill not obsoleteing.

It looks like bug, as oxen mill is replaced by modern mill.
It was in pepper module, replaced modern mill with oxen mill obsoletion.
Outside of pepper module, the Modern Mill does not obsolete (Assets\XML\Buildings\Regular_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml lines 69,529 - 69,617). And when you select a building to be built in a city, it doesn't mention an obsoletion tech. The Oxen Mill is not mentioned in the pepper module (Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\Pepper2000Earth_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml in both cases).

Outside of pepper module, the Modern Mill does not obsolete (Assets\XML\Buildings\Regular_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml lines 69,529 - 69,617). And when you select a building to be built in a city, it doesn't mention an obsoletion tech. The Oxen Mill is not mentioned in the pepper module (Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\Pepper2000Earth_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml in both cases).
In toffer's pedia it mentioned, that Modern Mill obsoletes.
Also it was mentioned in Pepper earth buildings, that it obsoletes - he meant to override Oxen mill not Modern mill, as oxen mill didn't obsolete.

In toffer's pedia it mentioned, that Modern Mill obsoletes.
Also it was mentioned in Pepper earth buildings, that it obsoletes - he meant to override Oxen mill not Modern mill, as oxen mill didn't obsolete.
Yes, I meant the obsoletion in Pepper earth buildings. I didn't realize that the obsoletion is mentioned in toffer's pedia, but I think obsoletions should certainly also be mentioned in the building screen - I don't know about other players, but I certainly don't go to the pedia before deciding on a building order.

This happens earlier too, with a few different techs that obsolete a bunch of goods (Industrialism and Globalization, for example). It's really frustrating.
I delayed workshops obsoleting at Industrialism to Pepper's Megafactory unlocking tech.

Last edited:
I am in the TranH era and i cant see the command ctr on anything i have them on, is it gone by then?? pic 1

pic 2?? again no gathering stuff avail for spices either??

Attachments

• cant see command ctr.JPG
    cant see command ctr.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 56
  • gathering stuff.JPG
    gathering stuff.JPG
    360 KB · Views: 43
It appears there is needles star on Noblegarden normal building.
Spoiler :
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-05-25 21-49-40-93.jpg

By the way I removed movie tag from one of Walls building, Noblegarden and Bath House normal buildings.

By the way I removed movie tag from one of Walls building, Noblegarden and Bath House normal buildings.

I think that was meant the way it was - someone from the Team wanted the Hadrian's Wall movie played the first time a regular Wall was built.
Yes indeed they did. StrategyOnly, the mod owner, if I remember correctly.

The Omega Assembler requires the Atomic Assembler (as described in "Tofferpedia"). And the Omega Assembler is required to build the Atomic Assembler. Somehow I can still build an Atomic Assembler (some complicated "or" requirements?) but the Omega Assembler doesn´t appear in the build list, not even greyed out.

I never understood why there are so complex chains of building dependencies in the future areas. It makes the game much more complicated and more prone to errors...

The Omega Assembler requires the Atomic Assembler (as described in "Tofferpedia"). And the Omega Assembler is required to build the Atomic Assembler. Somehow I can still build an Atomic Assembler (some complicated "or" requirements?) but the Omega Assembler doesn´t appear in the build list, not even greyed out.

I never understood why there are so complex chains of building dependencies in the future areas. It makes the game much more complicated and more prone to errors...
The Molecular Assembler is enough - you just need the Alpha Assembler for that.

Well, I don´t really understand...

But in the end I can´t build the Omega Assembler and all the buildings that come after it (this is in a city that was found really late in the game, maybe some obsoletion is also a problem).
Upload save, so @pepper2000 can see that

To build Omega Assembler you need following buildings: Spacecraper, Claytronic City and one of: MolecularAtomic/Quantum Assembler or Materializer.
Molecular Assembler doesn't need Omega Assembler - Alpha Assembler is needed..

Last edited:
OK, save is attached, please check in city named "P 3".

Atomic Assembler and Quantum Assembler are each in the "required to build" and in the "requires" list, that should not be IMHO.

Omega Assembler.JPG

Attachments

• Snofru BC-3815.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
OK, save is attached, please check in city named "P 3".

View attachment 496610
You need one of those assemblers.
Molecular Assembler needs Alpha Assembler and those are needing a lot of stuff..
To build Alpha Assembler you need to build Beta assembler and its all prereqs, you need to build Gamma assembler and its all prereqs and so on.

Spoiler :

Also nice job of practically finishing game within 2000 turns in Marathon GS, that has 8000 turns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom