Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

What is the name of that file and where can i find it?
It's in "Documents\My Games\Beyond the sword\Logs"
The log is emptied every time you launch the game, so you will need to get the error before looking for it.
If it is still empty at that point then you haven't activated logging for the game. See the OP of the PPIO thread on how to activate logging in the spoiler called "for those who want to help me debug this modmod"

Updated to SVN 10771
Whenever I exit Worldbuilder, the keyboard stops functioning. Have to "Exit to Desktop" and reload to fix.
Is this a punishment for going into Worldbuilder?

Ok, the Popup-Messages i have got , the Log-File i am still working on....

Edit : The error don`t come again.
Maybe it was,because i was building "The Great Bonfire" with one turn left and just in the EoT a fire destroyed the Bonfire in that Town !?!

We will see...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Ok, the Popup-Messages i have got , the Log-File i am still working on....

Edit : The error don`t come again.
Maybe it was,because i was building "The Great Bonfire" with one turn left and just in the EoT a fire destroyed the Bonfire in that Town !?!

We will see...
Thanks, fix is on the SVN now, rev 10785. Haven't posted on the SVN thread yet though.
It was not a serious error, only consequence would be that you wouldn't get a message in the message box that you should have gotten.

There seems to be a issue with CvSelectionGroup::splitGroup it's either really slow
slow.PNG

or crashes sometimes.
crash.PNG

Or maybe this is caused by CvUnitAI::AI_load?

I seem to get an animal from the Biodome every two turns now. Is this intended (from some tech maybe)? It seems too fast imo.
I scaled it by gamespeed a long time ago in PPIO.
I think it's every turn on Ultrafast, every 2 turns on blitz, every 3 turns on normal, .... , every 9 turns on eternity.

Should I slow it down a bit?
e.g. every turn on Ultrafast, every 4 turns on blitz, every 6 turns on normal, .... , every 18 turns on eternity.

Firstly I'm on Eons, not Blitz, so please look into why I'm getting them every two turns.

Personally I suggest 5-6 turns on Normal to Epic, then maybe 7/8/10/12? 3 on Normal is definitely too fast.
Figured out what's wrong, I've actually scaled it upside down. :crazyeye:
It's currently every 9 turns on Ultrafast, every 8 turns on blitz, every 7 turns on normal, .... , every turn on eternity.

My bad.

Very likely to be some serious bugs in that section. I have been planning to overhaul loading for numerous reasons, one being that we need to track each type of unit cargo and let a unit carry more than one type but accurately account for them each (some types blending into a pool of cargo space while others being specifically distinct pools of cargo space only those types can fill, such as missiles on a transport carrier for example. People can't stash themselves in a missile bay)

Another reason is because there are some known bugs in the accounting of unit volumes on transports - asserts showing they are becoming inaccurate somehow. And then there's the aforementioned issue discussed about some unit AI types not having a means to respond to the locations calling for their help. As well as needing to do something for land transportation needs (I want foot troops to pour out of transport trucks and Great Commanders to be able to hitch a ride on a Jeep - since they can't be made to move faster themselves.) I'm hoping in the process of a rewrite of the whole thing, hidden AI errors like these can also be corrected.

for some reason the new change to 50 and deleting the higher icon bugmaininterface, is ok but need a 49
You are very picky about this particular field. ^^
also (pic) how do i change these again, want them to fit
Click on one of the three to the left to open the middle panel, look in the upper right corner of that panel.

You are very picky about this particular field. ^^
Click on one of the three to the left to open the middle panel, look in the upper right corner of that panel.
wrong one again, it was the other icons, i need changed:

Attachments

• other.JPG
    other.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 45
wrong one again, it was the other icons, i need changed:
I have to ask SO, Why? The Idle button being to the far right isn't a thing at all boss. You are wearing Toffer out. Just sayin'.

EDIT: On 1920 x1080 all those Icons are on the left side of that area anyway. Having the Idle Button all the way to the right on this resolution would look "lonely".

Last edited:
Very likely to be some serious bugs in that section. I have been planning to overhaul loading for numerous reasons, one being that we need to track each type of unit cargo and let a unit carry more than one type but accurately account for them each (some types blending into a pool of cargo space while others being specifically distinct pools of cargo space only those types can fill, such as missiles on a transport carrier for example. People can't stash themselves in a missile bay)

Another reason is because there are some known bugs in the accounting of unit volumes on transports - asserts showing they are becoming inaccurate somehow. And then there's the aforementioned issue discussed about some unit AI types not having a means to respond to the locations calling for their help. As well as needing to do something for land transportation needs (I want foot troops to pour out of transport trucks and Great Commanders to be able to hitch a ride on a Jeep - since they can't be made to move faster themselves.) I'm hoping in the process of a rewrite of the whole thing, hidden AI errors like these can also be corrected.

There's something odd going on in that area but it might be possible that it only happens because of some kind of save corruption. I didn't see those problems with the debug dll which might point to an uninitiated pointer or the corruption causing this is getting fixed by some debug code.

Repeatable CTD at end turn, latest SVN 10795
Just end the turn. There are some ships that will not save their orders, but just ignore them.

Since @Anq has reported that he has introduced some crash-causing bugs that he can't fix yet, that might be the first place to look.

Attachments

• Iust Aeg 1783-6141.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 68
Just end the turn. There are some ships that will not save their orders, but just ignore them.

Since @Anq has reported that he has introduced some crash-causing bugs that he can't fix yet, that might be the first place to look.
I got this before the save completely loaded:
Assert Failed

File: CvUnit.cpp
Line: 20016
SVN-Rev: 10784
Expression: bIsLoadVolumeCorrect
----------------------------------------------------------
@Thunderbrd
SMgetCargo()=8585, iCheck=11719
There are more asserts after this. Definitely a good save to inspect.

Last edited:

Do you have an earlier save Please to let me check if the same assert didn't happen before my update?

Do you have an earlier save Please to let me check if the same assert didn't happen before my update?
I remember, that transport related asserts are common after certain stage of game (if you play with debug dll), so you should just ignore them and focus only on crash point.
Thunderbrd knows, that its code is kinda broken.

Last edited:
Do you still want this? If so, from before which update? The crash also happens on 10790, if that helps. 10783 halves my turn times (thanks @alberts2 ), so I'd rather not go back before 10781.

Could be the same issue i'am having.
There seems to be a issue with CvSelectionGroup::splitGroup it's either really slow
View attachment 530783
or crashes sometimes.
View attachment 530785

Top Bottom