1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v40 download - After Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ah... yeah when the aviators are in the game that trait will be complete. I was thinking that might have been what was going on here. The general is just there as a placeholder but it's still an ability you either have or don't and doesn't have the capability to double up. Sorry for it being a little WIP on that part.

2. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Why not replace it (even permanently) with Great Admiral? If Great Aviators continue to be mainly ace pilots, they have never been, and could never be, as influential over the course of a war as admirals can and have.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The Admiral is at Strategist Tier 2 as it is. The Aviator is an absolutely WILL be in the game project at some point, possibly rather soon, as I split air units from ground units and use aviators instead of generals to handle XP for them. Late in the game, air power is actually more important than land unit power.

4. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

Hello.
    My game crashes and i can not upload the minidump. It says The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension

Attached Files:

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Upload save and minidump in archive like winrar or winzip.

6. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

Thanks.
    I added the autosave.
    This is the second crash for me, and when i loaded an autosave it took atleast 20 min berfore it crashe, maybe longer.

Attached Files:

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

8. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

How do i update to a specific version, 11131?,, NVM

Found it

9. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

It still crashes with svn: 11131

I could try to start over and try again.

Attached Files:

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Start new game on latest SVN then.

11. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

Crash using latest SVN.
    This time a played a scenario, only 12 civs started in prehistoric era, nothing special.

Attached Files:

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Delete your INI file and User Settings folder, you will have to set stuff again.

13. Loffas

Loffas Warlord

That seems to work. Thanks for your help. If any more problems come up I report it.

Best regards
    /Loffas

MattCA and raxo2222 like this.
  14. Mamamia

Mamamia Chieftain

Hi there. Great mod!

I'm playing version 40.1 without SVN updates. I'm trying to discover another technology than the default one with a great prophet. In this case, I'm trying to discover Education. As expected, the great prophet goes to sleep when I select Education. But when all the prerequisites have been met and the Education tech become available for research, nothing happens and the technology does not get researched by the great prophet. I also had the same issue trying to discover Stained Glass, also with a great prophet. Is this a bug or I am missing something?

Thanks.

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Looks like great people can't research techs at all - its bug somewhere.

16. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

As you know, each type of Great Person only has one tech they can bulb at a time, even if you have the prereqs for many that would suit them. It may be that the "future bulb" will only trigger if that tech is chosen as the one that that kind of GP can bulb. That would be very, very annoying though I agree.

I take it the normal bulb mission is for a different tech?

17. Mamamia

Mamamia Chieftain

Well, researching the default tech still works for the Great Person. In this case, the great prophet could successfully research Buddhism if I wanted to. It's the functionality related to researching another tech than the default one that seems to be broken.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think there's been a problem with the one that lets you preset which tech to bulb for as long as I've been here, so back to AND and before. I've never looked into that issue.

19. kagurodraven

kagurodraven Chieftain

I seem to be having a bug with my Lunar colonies, where I can't build the Iron, Aluminum, or Titanium facilities. I have everything the game says I require for them, the tech, the buildings, the resources. But they can't be built.
    I tried using the editor to build them that way, but it just unbuilt them the next turn saying I didn't have what was needed for it. I even put all three resources in range of a colony to test it, still nothing.
    For example, with the Lunar Aluminum Processing Facility. I have the tech(Lunar Colonization) it says I need, I have the building(Lunar Rocky Quarry), I have both Cement being made in the colony(Lunar Concrete Mill), and I have Bauxite right next to the city.
    Still can't be built, can't even see it in the build menu.
    Screenshot_2020-05-03 unknown png (PNG Image, 1600 × 900 pixels) - Scaled (87%).png

20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You didn't connect them with roads.
    Lunar bulldozer can build roads - you can use supply ship to change it to bulldozer when over claimed time on Moon.