1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v40 download - After Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Mamamia

Mamamia Chieftain

I had this Captive Civilian unit that I upgraded to a Captive Immigrant. According to the documentation, a Captive Immigrant should be able to add 1 population to any city. But it's not able to do that. It's basically a useless unit with no function whatsoever. Is this a bug?

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's not 'any' city - there is a size limit of the city it can join - should probably remove that at some point. The limit I think is currently size 8.

3. Mamamia

Mamamia Chieftain

Aah, yes, that's it! I was able to use it on my smallest city.
    Thank you for the clarification!

4. kagurodraven

kagurodraven Chieftain

Ah, thank you very much. Don't know how I missed that.

5. Ven1

Ven1 Chieftain

i have noticed a small error where a rice field on a large map somehow you cant farm it for a rice field. like it says you can but then it dont allow you. this is a small error but it seems to happen once per game on a map. just not all the time.

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

There's probably a feature on the plot stopping the farm from being buildable.

7. Ven1

Ven1 Chieftain

well strangely i can build a rice farm on a different part of the large map. this is the second game under version 40 i have noticed this and also for whatever reason under windows 10 build 1903 or 1909 instead of 1809. caveman3cosmos doesnt always seem to work right with the newer versions of windows 10. overall i waited till 1909 version and it seems to work better. yet when i downgraded to 1809 from 1903 caveman2cosmos worked much better with 1809 version. so not sure what to say or why this happens. just letting you all know overall the bugs are much less than before; yet i tried the original unreleased version and still got this one small error that comes up once on a large map with abundance of resources and rivers.

so i am not sure what to say.

8. Trantor

Trantor Warlord

game crashes suddenly - exit to desktop

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Trantor likes this.
  10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The next thing would be to upload the save. We may be able to see or find out why.

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I guess you don't have certain tech needed to remove feature.

I'm not sure why it doesn't say, that you need tech X to remove feature Y, so you can build improvement Z on that tile.
    Update to latest SVN.

Also mod can't be in my documents, must be named Caveman2Cosmos, and you must run in admin mode if game is on system (c: ) drive.

12. Trantor

Trantor Warlord

Attached Files:

13. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Just making sure this isn't a bug. It is around 200 AD and I have 8 cities in my civ. I cannot build another city. The option isn't given at all. However I can still build settlers so it isn't the "one city" issue anymore. Is there a limit to how many cities that can be built? I am NOT playing with revolutions.

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

There is no such limit regardless of options. Must be a bug, but I've never heard of it before. Upload save?

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Could it be a limitation on the plot you want to place the city in?

16. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Here is the save. The settler is to the southwest of my capitol city of Boertole. Across the bay.

Attached Files:

17. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, not a bug, you can't build cities on peat bogs, those needs to be drained first. The settler can settle on all the neighboring tiles there.

18. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Interesting. I don't see any settling ability unless I actually move to another tile. I tried (from where I am) to click on other tiles and the option (button) to settle still doesn't appear even if it is not a bog. I have to physically move my settler to a non-bog tile before the option shows up again. That is why I was (and still am) confused.

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

That's strange, the settle city icon showed up for me right away when moving the go-to arrow over the other tiles without actually moving the settler away from the bog.
    I did a recalc when loading the save though, so that might have refreshed away some caching issue or otherwise played a role.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah there's some funny caching in there with mission availabilities that makes it not ALWAYS work as you'd think it would where you can get a projection of available missions by holding down the right click over the intended tile. I've never quite been able to sort out why in some applications it works and others it doesn't. DH had some insight there but I don't recall what he said about that - happens with some animal missions as well.