1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v40 download - After Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Maltazard

Maltazard Chieftain

National wonder Water Department should give free water pipes in every city, but it seems to be limited to cities directly connected by roads within the same borders of the city it's built in, water pipes were not built not even in cities on the same landmass/continent but separated from main cluster. IE. on GEM, water department built in europe, existing cities in the UK and north africa didn't receive free water pipes and can build them normally.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It only gives it to cities that would be qualified to build water pipes the way this one is setup. I'm not sure what we could do in the text to explain the difference in setup on this type... certainly something to consider at some point.

3. Maltazard

Maltazard Chieftain

Ah I see. I thought it was something like the vanilla wonders that autobuild granary or barracks etc., even in newly settled cities. I guess because I built the Piramids and got the free irrigation canals everywhere, I assumed this was the same effect. Instead these work more like the hanging gardens that give a +1pop in current cities only. As a one time thing, timing these departments becomes strategically more important, yes.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure it won't update to free pipes as soon as you have qualified to build them in a city though. That's the difference so far as I understand it - as long as the city can qualify for it they get it - that said the update process on that might be delayed due to caching or perhaps just not happening as it should be?

5. Maltazard

Maltazard Chieftain

No, it's not happening. I could manually build water pipes in a few cities, and I have in most of them. I purposefully left one without to see if it would happen later with a recalc and it didn't. Since the city is on an island I thought it was a different landmass issue. I've also updated the latest SVN recently, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Probably not. This has been a bit of a problem spot for a while and I think we kinda had it working as we wanted but then it got refactored and I think that it 'not updating' new cities might be new resulting from that but it also may be that it was doing that before and just wasn't noticed. A plan to rework a lot of things in this department has been on the books for a while now but it's quite a project.

Maltazard likes this.
  7. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Is it just me or is the timescale way off in this game? It is 1400 AD and BCE technologies are still being discovered. I basically just began the Classical Era. Euclid started geometry around 300 BC and, I haven't discovered that yet. We are about 1500 years off (I am leading in technology in the game).

It could be easily fixed by adding more turns.

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You are too slow.
    Overspeeding calendar is more common.

9. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Well it isn't just me. I think things were a bit faster in my previous game (which was an earlier version of 40.1). As I said, I am beating all the AI's when it comes to technology. Maybe there is a setting I shouldn't have used?

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Are you playing on Ultrafast? Faster speeds means less cities built within era as units take time to move.
    Also upscaled research costs slows down research time of everyone.

11. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

I am definitely not playing ultra-fast. I will have to check on upscaled research

12. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Alright. Upscaled research was not checked for my game. Now I am getting a legitimate bug as well. Here is my save. I get a CTD when I attack the Javelineer to the south of Larsam.

Attached Files:

13. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_VOLCANO_DORMANT contains "A volcano that has not seen activity in our time... is now erupting. The countryside has been devastated." Ie. it describes a dormant volcano becoming active.

The problem is that this is displayed when an active volcano goes dormant.

The only place this TXT_KEY is used is as a <TriggerText> of an EventTrigger called EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_ERUPTION_DORMANT

I presume that's wrong but I can't tell what's wrong with it. Is there anywhere I can read up on event and eventtrigger tags etc? Is there anyone on team (in DH's and @Faustmouse's absence) who is ever likely to work on events?

14. MattCA

MattCA Warlord

It doesn't crash for me. Maybe someone else can try.

Assets\Python\EntryPoints\CvRandomEventInterface.py

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Yudishtira likes this.
  15. Yudishtira

Thanks Matt for the contribution, but how do all those fit together?

Specifically:
    1. Why is it checking for an active or dormant volcano, when VOLCANO_DORMANT is already required as a feature? (Especially as doVolcanoPlot leaves active volcanoes unchanged.)

2. All this code relates to dormant volcanoes erupting, so why do I get TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_VOLCANO_DORMANT reported exclusively when an active volcano goes dormant?

TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_VOLCANO_EXTINCT is also ridiculously misnamed, since this routine (and the text in the key) relates to a formerly dormant volcano that just erupted.

16. MattCA

MattCA Warlord

I confused myself there. The <TriggerText> tag does not seem to be used in the python. If you search TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_VOLCANO_DORMANT in that python file, you will find the correct event (I was looking at the wrong one).

Yudishtira likes this.
  17. Yudishtira

Thanks. It is very confusing.

It is used in doVolcanoSleep. Therefore the text contents of this key should be changed to eg.:
    "This formerly active volcano has shown no activity for some time, and is now considered dormant."
    There are also French and Polish translations which will then need correcting.

18. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

The hostile takeover event is broken as well. It has you claiming manufactured resources not map ones. Also the event where a bunch of people die due to a superbug seems to be bugged. One the options is completely unavailable.

19. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

I am having another weird issue I haven't seen before now (ever). Let me know if you want me to upload my save (though I am not 100% sure how you can try using my build lists). For the past few moves I am having trouble with build lists. I have several saved lists of things to build in a city when I go to the screen. I don't know if there is a related setting or not. Pressing numbers no longer loads the entire list. It only loads one building from the list (presumably the first on the list that is not built). In addition, it doesn't appear on the actual list. It only appears as the current build (on the blue bar). I have to press the list every turn. When that happens, I try to add items to the list manually and can add duplicates of items already in the list. When two instances of the same item are in the list, the list can become even more glitchy with unpredictable results. When this occurs, I can no longer correct the issue or back out of the city build screen. I have to move to the next city before I can do anything except for change the last item on the list.

EDIT: Weird. I exited the game and restarted, loading my game. This same problem happened for ONE TURN only. Then it stopped happening... LOL. Don't know what to make of that but it seems to be working now. I will let you know if it happens again.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Build lists haven't really been supported since @AIAndy made them and there have been little bugs like those in there from the start but perhaps there are new ones. Unfortunately I wouldn't want to personally try to sort through his programming to debug things there, at least now for now.