Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Okay, will try that. I sort of use a modmod, I use a modified version of No Longtitude and No Latitude. If your suggestion does not work, I will double check the XML files I have modified.

Strange, considering I never modified that file. I only modified units and buildings.

There is an issue with Civilopedia, using SVN 11057. Screenshot and save uploaded.
Spoiler Civilopedia Issue :

Off Topic: By the way nice work with the tech tree, improved greatly.
SVN works correctly for me.

Reinstall mod.

SVN 11057:

Been running a game since shortly before the official V40 release. Everything has been fine, except I apparently at some point accidentally enabled Worldview: Cannibalism. When I try to remove the Worldview by using a lawyer or Great Person, the game just locks up. Whatever current BGM is playing finishes, but then the game simply stops responding to any and all input; my only option is to go to task manager and force close the game.

It's a minor thing, but any idea on how to get around this? Attached savefile is the affected game - there are several GP and a lawyer in the capital of Boxtel you can use to test.

On a tangentially related note, I have two saves I keep of this game that I alternate between. One is several hundred KB larger than the other, any possible reason for this?

Attachments

• Dutchtopia.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.4 MB · Views: 85
SVN 11057:

Been running a game since shortly before the official V40 release. Everything has been fine, except I apparently at some point accidentally enabled Worldview: Cannibalism. When I try to remove the Worldview by using a lawyer or Great Person, the game just locks up. Whatever current BGM is playing finishes, but then the game simply stops responding to any and all input; my only option is to go to task manager and force close the game.
This seems important enough to have fixed for our v40.1 bugfix release. @Thunderbrd, @billw2015

Could be a python problem too, I'll look into the save to check specifically for that.

Why is the Research method for Religion Giving Techs now broken? You cannot tell if that religion tech has been researched or not now. So player and AI can now waste research points on a Religion giving tech that has been already researched. Another big step backwards Or a new introduced Bug for the tech Tree. Which ever one it is needs reverted to previous working system or fixed.

Why is the Research method for Religion Giving Techs now broken? You cannot tell if that religion tech has been researched or not now. So player and AI can now waste research points on a Religion giving tech that has been already researched. Another big step backwards Or a new introduced Bug for the tech Tree. Which ever one it is needs reverted to previous working system or fixed.
Upload save - it is bug.
It may be display bug too.

Looks fine to me in SVN and git master, both these techs are locked due to being already researched.
If you have a save with repro I will take a look.

upload_2019-11-7_19-16-43.png

As far as steps backwards, its not clear there have been any at all, let alone big ones.

Looks fine to me in SVN and git master, both these techs are locked due to being already researched.
If you have a save with repro I will take a look.

View attachment 538379

As far as steps backwards, its not clear there have been any at all, let alone big ones.
I think he might be saying the actual functioning of the ability to only research the tech once may have been broken somewhere and the icon would normally go from the icon with the hands to the one without once the religion has been founded.

Round two of misc notes on oddities with 11057:
  • Tasmanian Devils have no myth/stories
  • Brown bears and sun bears build bird cages/enclosures?
  • Captured cities expand cultural borders as if realistic culture were not enabled, at least for the first several tiers; this happened both for a barbarian city and a captured civ in prehistoric era, meaning I had a city with cultural borders expanding in ~2 tiles larger radius than my capital did
  • Maybe just me missing information, but why do units often have the standout promotion when created? I can see an argument for the edge case where you need to produce a unit this turn to protect against an enemy stack in striking range of your city, and for whatever reason without standout your produced units wouldn't defend due to layers of invisibility, but otherwise it just often wastes a turn of movement to remove the promotion
  • More of a balance issue, but Coyote Runners - a UU for the Toltec religion - are ridiculously OP for their time period. Available with obsidian weaponry and a stone resource for North American cultures, they're 7 STR at a time when the next best unit is an obsidian swordsman with 6 str. Their only downside compared to an obsidian swordsman is a 10% city attack bonus instead of 20%, but they *also* get 50% vs melee, 2 movement, flanking promo for free, and ignore terrain movement costs. Most cultural UUs are far closer in balance to their non-cultured counterparts, but these can take cities without a care in the world (doubly so on size matters, since the raw strength bonus goes even further).
  • There is something broken about armed guard; canines are protecting the stack against stalkers/strike teams with 0% expected victory, while a unit with armed guard does nothing despite having an actual expected victory. It might be as stated earlier that they're chosen due to higher pursuit abilities, but if that's the case, then something should be examined about the defender that's chosen because I'd much rather have a 30% chance of enemy escaping over 0% chance of my unit surviving
  • Visually, the Great Barrier Reef really ought to look at least slightly different than a regular reef; if someone ever gets around to updating the salt/natron resource similarity, then hopefully the same can be done for that natural wonder
  • Great Holmegaard Hunt isn't giving hunter II; I saw this was reported earlier in the thread, didn't catch if it was resolved
  • Minor thing; the ordering of civics in the tree has Junta come after matriarchy/patriarchy, despite nearly always being researched significantly before the latter due to AIs (and I assume most human players too) rushing bronze working over... matriarchy.
  • Edit: Oh, and also, Denmark's leader "Canute the Great" should probably be left as "Canute", because of the world rankings where I had the amusing entry of "Canute the Great the Great"

Attachments

• BUG 2 Cultural levels (Brasilia).CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
  • BUG 5 Stalkers ignore armed guard.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.1 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I think he might be saying the actual functioning of the ability to only research the tech once may have been broken somewhere and the icon would normally go from the icon with the hands to the one without once the religion has been founded.
It must have been broken before we switched to git, I rolled back to pre git version on SVN and setup a game to have AI finish religion I was researching and it didn't auto switch research or give me the research popup, it just carried on researching the same tech:
upload_2019-11-7_21-25-59.png

upload_2019-11-7_21-27-11.png

I did notice that it gave me a massive boost in research towards it though (maybe 60%).

Appears to be an oversight related to what happens when someone invents a global tech that others are currently researching, the code for it being "global" probably only applies to starting the tech research while it doesn't stop ongoing ones.
Global techs (or world techs if you like) is a relatively new addition, I don't think they existed in v38.

Appears to be an oversight related to what happens when someone invents a global tech that others are currently researching, the code for it being "global" probably only applies to starting the tech research while it doesn't stop ongoing ones.
Global techs (or world techs if you like) is a relatively new addition, I don't think they existed in v38.
I think, if you recall, there was something I was trying to explain a while back about when to use the graphic for the religious icon where it has the prayer hands and when it should not. I'm not sure it was ever set back up correctly from some changes made before Whisperr did her new icons.

I think, if you recall, there was something I was trying to explain a while back about when to use the graphic for the religious icon where it has the prayer hands and when it should not. I'm not sure it was ever set back up correctly from some changes made before Whisperr did her new icons.
At what option combinations will the global tech feature be disabled? I mean, what options allows multiple players to invent a religion tech?

Anyhow the icon used isn't relevant to the issue pointed out by bill, the issue being that multiple players can invent a global tech if it is the current research for one player at the time another player invents it.
It should stop being the current research for the player that didn't get it but had it as the current research at the time.

It is certainly an easy feature to add, I just can't find any evidence it ever existed.

At what option combinations will the global tech feature be disabled? I mean, what options allows multiple players to invent a religion tech?

Anyhow the icon used isn't relevant to the issue pointed out by bill, the issue being that multiple players can invent a global tech if it is the current research for one player at the time another player invents it.
It should stop being the current research for the player that didn't get it but had it as the current research at the time.
Well, a religious tech can be researched but the religion not founded on DP.

I'm a little ambivalent about that portion of the matter - was just trying to help with what I thought Joseph was trying to explain was missing.

It is certainly an easy feature to add, I just can't find any evidence it ever existed.
It's been a very long time since it ever worked as it did for a while.

SVN-11057 (Sorry if the bug is already fixed)

using Return to end a turn make Research and other Information windows that pop up right at the new turn to be confirmed and closed. I think you need to clean the key-buffer some time before the start of a new turn or at last remove the key used to end the turn from it. (Also Return not work all the time at turn end so maybe complete disable it to work?)

Top Bottom