Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Just updated to 11058 and when I try to start a new game, the only terrain is grassy fields i.e. there are no rivers, lakes, mountains, oceans, etc. If I loaded a game from the previous version 11057, all the terrain appeared normal.
I tried killing my Usersettings and Autoload folders and downloading a completely new set of 11058 files but got the same results.
I then reverted back to 11057 and a new world was successfully created with all the normal terrain. I used the exact same settings as I tried in 11058.
Can anyone else reproduce this issue?

Please upload your save game here.
edit: Sorry nevermind I see you said start new game.
In that case please give your new game settings, and a save from that new game as well.
Okay I have some problems with it: C2C_World gives me grassland, but I do have rivers, and improvements etc. No ocean.
I will look into it now.

Last edited:
Minor strangeness (SVN 11058)
A while ago I build the Great Bonefire wonder what give Bonefire to all my cities, and the Bonefire are supposed to replace all the Fire Pit I build so far. The strange thing now is that I got the report that the Fire Pit from one of my cities has been destroyed because of a fire.

(Personal notice it was Turn 43760 in case a save file is needed)

Minor strangeness (SVN 11058)
A while ago I build the Great Bonefire wonder what give Bonefire to all my cities, and the Bonefire are supposed to replace all the Fire Pit I build so far. The strange thing now is that I got the report that the Fire Pit from one of my cities has been destroyed because of a fire.

(Personal notice it was Turn 43760 in case a save file is needed)
Looks like some events don't see, that some buildings got replaced.
Upload save.

Here your save, sadly I only have the turn where it happened and not the turn before.

Attachments

• Schwarzbart BC-43760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 60
was looking at those new space maps and was going to try one out but i didnt like the map so i went into the worldbuilder and tried the "regenerate map using same mapscript" and it did NOT work???

was looking at those new space maps and was going to try one out but i didnt like the map so i went into the worldbuilder and tried the "regenerate map using same mapscript" and it did NOT work???
Map scripts can't generate space maps.

Space maps (scenarios) are handcrafted, so you just destroyed them with "regenerate map using same mapscript"
Some space maps were here for long time (A Space Map - .... scenarios).

Bunch of maps were added to PrivateMaps\Snofrus - these must be moved out of this folder to be selectable as scenario.

That is using "regenerate map using same mapscript" resets entire map destroying all work put in space portion.

Last edited:
still on SVN 11058
building a Butchery don't show the number the player already have for Lard (Raw Meat just show them fine)
This should be able to reproduce from the save I uploaded previous.

still on SVN 11058
building a Butchery don't show the number the player already have for Lard (Raw Meat just show them fine)
This should be able to reproduce from the save I uploaded previous.
Buildings always show count for first resource only - that is if building gives two resources, then you won't see how many second resources is provided, or how many of them you have.

Bunch of maps were added to PrivateMaps\Snofrus - these must be moved out of this folder to be selectable as scenario.
Ah wasn't sure about this. I will move them out and maybe rename if they aren't clear, I didn't intend to add an extra barrier to using Snofrus' maps.

Buildings always show count for first resource only - that is if building gives two resources, then you won't see how many second resources is provided, or how many of them you have.
This is a bug right? We should show all resources I guess?

Crash to Desktop appears next turn.

Attachments

• Eo BC-13563.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • MiniDump-v40.0.608-alpha-20191010-230850.rar
    13 KB · Views: 52
I can't repro in latest OR in v40 using that save. The minidump shows some null value related to a unit but there isn't enough information to determine which one sorry!
Do you have modmods at all?
I just clicked next turn on that save, is there any other repro steps?
Can you please upload your User Settings directory please, so I can test with your settings?

I can't repro in latest OR in v40 using that save. The minidump shows some null value related to a unit but there isn't enough information to determine which one sorry!
Do you have modmods at all?
I just clicked next turn on that save, is there any other repro steps?
Can you please upload your User Settings directory please, so I can test with your settings?
I perform no actions just turn begins and game crushes.
No modmods, perhaps it's due to win7, when I set windows vista compatibility it works. But with previous versions, there were no problems.

Attachments

• UserSettings.rar
    34.2 KB · Views: 52
Yeah I reproed this crash on Win 7, it doesn't happen on Win 10 but it does indicate a problem I think.

Top Bottom