Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

I see bugs even in the older version I'm still playing.
I guess we'll need to wait a bit until you pop out a stable save-breaking version, lol.

Question - bug or feature?
I did mention some time ago that I can now have several re-split units share a Great General name (ad infinitum, actually).
But I also recall (or maybe THAT is wrong) that it was impossible to do so previously before the save-breaker (the split units would lose the name).
Right or wrong?
Bug or feature?
Opinion: I like it! I now can have an army of units named the same way (without manually renaming them, I just realized THAT was also an option), loool.

Found the obsolete bug, the code read the obsoleteBuildingList array from a save when loading, but it was never added to the save when it was written.

Edit: Fix on the way to SVN now, you got to recalculate modifiers for the bug to go away in existing saves, but the bug won't come back anymore when loading a save saved after said recalc is done.

Last edited:
Question - bug or feature?
I did mention some time ago that I can now have several re-split units share a Great General name (ad infinitum, actually).
But I also recall (or maybe THAT is wrong) that it was impossible to do so previously before the save-breaker (the split units would lose the name).
Right or wrong?
Bug or feature?
Opinion: I like it! I now can have an army of units named the same way (without manually renaming them, I just realized THAT was also an option), loool.
I have no idea if this changed, though it is plausible that removing unitclasses could have had this effect. I wouldn't call it a bug though, so yeah a feature then.

Found the obsolete bug, the code read the obsoleteBuildingList array from a save when loading, but it was never added to the save when it was written.

Edit: Fix on the way to SVN now, you got to recalculate modifiers for the bug to go away in existing saves, but the bug won't come back anymore when loading a save saved after said recalc is done.
Thank You!!!

Hi all, just returning to C2C after a 2 year absence, and can't believe how much work is still being done! Thank you to all involved. I am experiencing an odd bug however, in the form of random cities achieving Phenomenal culture out of the blue. Sometimes it happens to myself or AI players at the very start of the game, and sometimes after I have been playing and establish a new city. I have looked through all of the new options, and searched this forum, but couldn't find anything that references this. My apologies if it is in fact covered somewhere.

Thanks and keep up the amazing job!

Hi all, just returning to C2C after a 2 year absence, and can't believe how much work is still being done! Thank you to all involved. I am experiencing an odd bug however, in the form of random cities achieving Phenomenal culture out of the blue. Sometimes it happens to myself or AI players at the very start of the game, and sometimes after I have been playing and establish a new city. I have looked through all of the new options, and searched this forum, but couldn't find anything that references this. My apologies if it is in fact covered somewhere.

Thanks and keep up the amazing job!
Sounds like culture overflow.
Did you edited CultureLevelInfos?

Do you have V40.1? Its latest stable version of mod.
Culture doesn't overflow even on Eternity with No Espionage option.

Hi, I am running the latest checkout from SVN, and have not edited any of the settings, including CultureLevelInfos.

Upload save, as I couldn't reproduce it

Hi, here is one example. I just captured this barbarian city, and it pacifies next turn. At the end of that turn, it achieves phenomenal culture.

Thanks very much for looking at it!

Attachments

• Wog BC-44740.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
Hi, here is one example. I just captured this barbarian city, and it pacifies next turn. At the end of that turn, it achieves phenomenal culture.

Thanks very much for looking at it!
Yup, looks like its actual bug with conquering barbarian cities.
You are using No Espionage option - it increases culture thresholds for next level.

@alberts2 or @Toffer90 can check it
City gets max amount of culture possible.

Yup, looks like its actual bug with conquering barbarian cities.
You are using No Espionage option - it increases culture thresholds for next level.

@alberts2 or @Toffer90 can check it
City gets max amount of culture possible.

Thanks! I should point out that I have had that same thing happen when establishing my own city too, not just capturing one.

I'll look into it eventually, the No Espionage option isn't really maintained well as almost no one use it.

I will stop using the No Espionage option and see if I experience some similar in the future.

Thanks again!

just wondering, what has happened to the civs NOT expanding lately??? also they r not guarding their cities anymore properly either??? also, they used to be waaaay ahead of me on techs and now i am out doing them pretty badly???

Attachments

• StrategyOnly BC-198470.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
just wondering, what has happened to the civs NOT expanding lately??? also they r not guarding their cities anymore properly either??? also, they used to be waaaay ahead of me on techs and now i am out doing them pretty badly???
You selected "Beeline Stings" game option, it may hurt AIs too much.
Reckless Animals means all if not most animals are actively hunting units.

Also AIs may dislike your map - too sparse critical resources or so.
There are tons of barbarians on it.

There is DEFINITELY something wrong with Cultures.
In the uploaded save, I have 13 cities that span all over the Old World (Europe, Africa, M.East, Asia).
ALL have been acquired through Assimilation (killed their Tribal Guardian, then a pop up shows up that they want to "join my civ", which I call "suicide by assimilation").
Yet NONE of them have ANYTHING beyond M.Eastern (I'm Israel, duh) and Neanderthal (somehow WAS able to build it, in Mecca).
While SOMEWHAT believable as a role play aspect, it SUCKS gameplay-wise.
Also, this MIGHT be related to Neanderthals having S.America in their description - making it inherently buggy to begin with.
*I HIGHLY SUGGEST LOOKING CLOSER INTO THIS CRAP, SORRY.*

Attachments

• ZZZ.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
Another problem with cultures. This is an African Culture city I have recently conquered. My native cultures C.L. Middle Eastern and C.L. Neanderthal need to be built separately. They cost 200 hammers (and this fits to their position in the building list) but it takes 201 turns (!) to build them. Although my city produces 102 hammers each turn.
culture.jpg

Another problem with cultures. This is an African Culture city I have recently conquered. My native cultures C.L. Middle Eastern and C.L. Neanderthal need to be built separately. They cost 200 hammers (and this fits to their position in the building list) but it takes 201 turns (!) to build them. Although my city produces 102 hammers each turn.View attachment 550040
Looks like those X% slower are addling linearly...

That is if you build 19 C.L Middle Eastern their effective cost will be 100/(100% -19*5%) = 2000 or something like that.

Top Bottom