Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Could be worse, that the research isn't being added. However, I'm curious if you go out to the main screen does it then shift? AKA, is it a caching issue only?
The bar does not shift. BUT the amount of research per turn does increase. From 2347 to 2513 RP, see screenshots.

This may not be the best example as I'm just starting to research this tech and have 0 RP invested into it yet.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0081.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 27
The bar does not shift. BUT the amount of research per turn does increase. From 2347 to 2513 RP, see screenshots.

This may not be the best example as I'm just starting to research this tech and have 0 RP invested into it yet.
That being the case, surely there it's a UI caching matter. @Toffer90 is likely to see what could be done and be able to explain if it should be left alone and why. It sure was helpful to be able to see it update as you changed the research output though.

The construction of the Vienna Congress allowed me to come into contact with the alien civilization of Ivan the Terrible. For some time, building relationships, I bought a map from him. And, as it suddenly turned out, Ivan has been at enmity with the civilization of barbarian insectoids for some time. The latter began their relationship with me by asking me to sell them the secret of paleontology.

* thinking about writing a novel

Untitled.jpg

The construction of the Vienna Congress allowed me to come into contact with the alien civilization of Ivan the Terrible. For some time, building relationships, I bought a map from him. And, as it suddenly turned out, Ivan has been at enmity with the civilization of barbarian insectoids for some time. The latter began their relationship with me by asking me to sell them the secret of paleontology.

View attachment 566937
While this is hilarious and does warrant getting an image for the insectoids leader like perhaps the bug from Men in Black, (and put something on the table is the funniest thing they could say... picnic anyone?) This 'bug' is probably a result of the way the scenario was setup conflicting with the NPC setup. It's a common problem and I think @raxo2222 or @Toffer90 may be able to show how to fix it.

Insectoids, along with other types of barbarians, should not be capable of engaging in diplomacy.

View attachment 566937
Pay no attention to the giant cockroach behind the pink curtain...:lol:

While this is hilarious and does warrant getting an image for the insectoids leader like perhaps the bug from Men in Black, (and put something on the table is the funniest thing they could say... picnic anyone?) This 'bug' is probably a result of the way the scenario was setup conflicting with the NPC setup. It's a common problem and I think @raxo2222 or @Toffer90 may be able to show how to fix it.

Insectoids, along with other types of barbarians, should not be capable of engaging in diplomacy.
Somehow revolutions mod ignores NPC stuff.
@TPEHEP upload save before that happened and current one.

Somehow revolutions mod ignores NPC stuff.
@TPEHEP upload save before that happened and current one.

It's hard for me to say exactly when this civilization appeared. I can only throw you a dozen auto-saves that preceded the event.

PS - I can't understand - for some reason, the rar-archives have ceased to be attached to the message. So sorry for a bunch of files

Attachments

• [Late]'#5400-Mythic-Ancient-Etern-Large-Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 40
  • [Late]'#5384-Mythic-Ancient-Etern-Large-Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 22
  • [Late]'#5392-Mythic-Ancient-Etern-Large-Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 33
  • [Late]'#5380-Mythic-Ancient-Etern-Large-Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 26
  • [Late]'#5396-Mythic-Ancient-Etern-Large-Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 23
  • [Late]'#5388-Mythic-Ancient-Etern-Large-Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 25
That being the case, surely there it's a UI caching matter. @Toffer90 is likely to see what could be done and be able to explain if it should be left alone and why. It sure was helpful to be able to see it update as you changed the research output though.
Yeah I used it when I would race to get a Religion and the AI was generally ahead of me in Tech. Now I will just cross my fingers and Hope I'm infusing enough RP to get to the Tech 1st. :p

I've noticed an audio bug whenever I spread a religion with a Female Missionary, in this case a Buddhist one but it has happened with all female types of missionary whatever the religion:

Attachments

• Female Missionary Spread Religion Audio Bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.2 MB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    493.4 KB · Views: 23
I've noticed an audio bug whenever I spread a religion with a Female Missionary, in this case a Buddhist one but it has happened with all female types of missionary whatever the religion:
Really old bug that has never been properly fixed. @Dancing Hoskuld is the author and he had trouble getting the audio for the female missionaries to work with HD.

Another old problem is in Diplomacy. When you want to buy a resource from an AI sometimes there is No Cost displayed. The AI is essentially giving you the resource. It could be that it's value to the AI is below a certain gold threshold. Just guessing on that part.

As you will see I can get these resources from the AI just by clicking the Accept. I don't have to offer anything in return. I suspect it from being a manufactured resource as we have many that display no costs or benefits from :culture::food::hammers::science::commerce::gold: when highlighted.

See screen shots below.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Ran into an issue with 11218. At least I think it is a bug, could be wrong. Culture overflow error.

Attachments

• 8800_20200827163200_1.png
    8800_20200827163200_1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Ran into an issue with 11218. At least I think it is a bug, could be wrong. Culture overflow error.
They were working on getting rid of greater culture - that portion of the trait earning sequence was admittedly a tricky spot and apparently not as easy to sort out trying to reverse greater culture as it was putting it in place. Was this game in progress before that change by chance? Conversion mid-stream MIGHT have something to do with it.

They were working on getting rid of greater culture - that portion of the trait earning sequence was admittedly a tricky spot and apparently not as easy to sort out trying to reverse greater culture as it was putting it in place. Was this game in progress before that change by chance? Conversion mid-stream MIGHT have something to do with it.
Yes was a previous save. Not a big loss.

Maybe someone should revert that update. It might take a bit of time to fix. Can you post that save?

Maybe someone should revert that update. It might take a bit of time to fix. Can you post that save?
Not for a while, I'm on my phone.

Maybe someone should revert that update.
No need to revert, the bug doesn't seem game breaking.
He already have 12 traits, so not getting more at that stage of the game isn't really that bad, if he gets more traits he will probably get more integer overflows for stuff that is not culture as those traits give a lot of bonuses.
We should look into possible culture overflows in the code until we get a save we can look at, perhaps it's only a text format issue. That we need to change %d to %lld or something.

Top Bottom