Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

SVN-11095 update removes many *.bik files from Assets\Art\Movies\wonders. Is it intentional? I don't want them to go! :cry:
They weren't used by game, so I removed them from mod.
A lot of *.bik files are just static pictures by the way.

They are in Github repository - that is stored outside of mod, just like source code is in github only.
They can be reused later.

I would like a save if the error is repeatable somehow.
I'll look into it anyhow.
it might have been an older game that was ending in a no turn loop awhile ago, i just updated to the current SVN is all and noticed this on one of my games , dont know for sure which one, sorry, i didnt look at the logs till today . ..

I am playing with revision 11095. I have built Neanderthal (Culture) and now I cannot build any other non-neanderthal units (clubman, spiked clubman etc.) or cultures. Is this intentional? I have attached one of the saved games in case you need to have a look.

Attachments

• admin BC-62648.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 75
I am playing with revision 11095. I have built Neanderthal (Culture) and now I cannot build any other non-neanderthal units (clubman, spiked clubman etc.) or cultures. Is this intentional? I have attached one of the saved games in case you need to have a look.
Yes. Intentional.

I know it is not the place to discuss but why? It is a bit dull to stack with only one culture. Is there a way to demolish it? I checked and could not find a way to do it.
I had not originally set it up this way but it was preferred by another modder.

I see. Could you please add this restriction to civilopedia in one of the next updates? Also is it easy to change this setting by changing xmls or it is not that straightforward?

I see. Could you please add this restriction to civilopedia in one of the next updates? Also is it easy to change this setting by changing xmls or it is not that straightforward?
I'm not sure how it was implemented in full but I'm seeing some unit tags that may explain how it was done. It's not through the normal unitclass replacement system (@raxo2222 you noted something about this in the bug report) I don't think unless that's how the unit tags that establish an override work. It may be. We are looking to remove unitclasses entirely so that system will be disabled at some point...

As for the pedia, where do you want it noted?

I'm not sure how it was implemented in full but I'm seeing some unit tags that may explain how it was done. It's not through the normal unitclass replacement system (@raxo2222 you noted something about this in the bug report) I don't think unless that's how the unit tags that establish an override work. It may be. We are looking to remove unitclasses entirely so that system will be disabled at some point...

This tag was added to regular units, that have Neanderthal variant for a while, there is example:

Code:
<ForceObsoleteUnitClasses>
                <ForceObsoleteUnitClass>
                    <ForceObsoleteUnitClassType>UNITCLASS_NEANDERTHAL_HUNTER</ForceObsoleteUnitClassType>
                    <bForceObsoleteUnitClass>1</bForceObsoleteUnitClass>
                </ForceObsoleteUnitClass>
            </ForceObsoleteUnitClasses>
It seems like there is conflict with national units here.
That is once you use up national units for neandearthal X, then you can build regular X.

This tag was added to regular units, that have Neanderthal variant for a while, there is example:

Code:
<ForceObsoleteUnitClasses>
                <ForceObsoleteUnitClass>
                    <ForceObsoleteUnitClassType>UNITCLASS_NEANDERTHAL_HUNTER</ForceObsoleteUnitClassType>
                    <bForceObsoleteUnitClass>1</bForceObsoleteUnitClass>
                </ForceObsoleteUnitClass>
            </ForceObsoleteUnitClasses>
It seems like there is conflict with national units here.
That is once you use up national units for neandearthal X, then you can build regular X.
Hmm... is this how original vanilla was working with Unique Units by culture or is this an entirely different tag method? I may have to make a project of cleaning this tag up so that it uses Unit, rather than unitclass. And in the process, make sure that it doesn't enable the original when the national unit amount is reached.

In civilopedia, under Neanderthal culture wonder, if it says the units, wonders and buildings it prevents building, I would not even think of building it at first place. I still think the best idea is to remove this restriction since it does not make sense at all. Assuming each civilization can only have either neanderthal or other cultures is too restrictive. If a civilization can have multiple non-neanderthal cultures at the same time, it should not have these kinds of restrictions as well.

Reactions: DC0
latest SVN, as soon as i do the ctrl=shift-T, i click on next turn and poof CRASH . .

also get this:
[WARN] GPUtil.getUnitIcon
No GP icon for UNIT_SPY
Update to latest SVN - there was bug in previous one.

How it is collecting regular spy points and not great spy points?

Last edited:
@billw2015 its crashing even for me, by the way somehow some GP points are collected towards regular spy.....

Looks like its other bug - related to Complex Traits maybe?

dang this is a looong 30 minutes .. .
Someone forgot to post changelog.

Spy thing was issue with two buildings.
They were generating points towards spy not great spy.
All other buildings generating GPs are fine.

Last edited:
This game end up in a endless loop after i hit end of turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1345.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 61
SVN 11100: Exiles in saved games are disappearing. When you save a game with an exile and load the same game, exiles vanish.

Worker automation options have disappeared. Running SVN 11100. Save, screenshot, and my version of asset files uploaded.
Spoiler Missing actions :
upload_2020-1-11_9-36-54.png

Attachments

• Worker Missing Actions.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
  • Assets 11100.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Top Bottom