1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SKNES III: Bullets with Butterfly Wings

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by SouthernKing, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Azale

Azale Deity

OOC: And there we go. Finally the crux of the matter. This is why SK needs to be able to remove players at his own discretion. He has put hours into getting this NES off the ground and you're just going to piss all over it. Just quit.

2. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

I'll take Austria from him if you need a good player there. Otherwise, I'll take something else. LIKE SERBIA!

3. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

Bullcrap. You have stated your intentions to invade us to several nations. We will not go down easily.

4. Blaze Injun

Blaze Injun Night Radio KYSE

Hey,

OOC. This happens when you don't read the source material. (which is only optional) Little detail is given in the backgrounds section & players ideas of how they should play the countries comes into effect. :crazyeye:

Blaze Injun

5. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

To: France

Now that I rule my country, I would like to reaffirm your nation's control of the naval base in Cumana. If you remember, this base was given to your nation for the support you sent us in the 1830's. I would also like to reaffirm the friendship between France and new Granada, and would want to ask if you, Queen Anne, would help improve New Granada. This would benefit France's interests in the New World greatly overtime.

OOC: Who else read about "Disaster at Leuthen"? It was quite interesting, plausible, and long(7 AM to 12 PM reading it).

Edit:
    @SouthernKing:
    When I was reading about new Granada, Francisco struck me as a liberal, while his father(died 1850) was definitely a conservative.

6. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

OOC: I may have only read the bits mentioning Tunis.

7. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

OOC: Well, just noting for the Louisiana player, they were the heart of the age of revolutions even though it started in Paris.

8. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

OOC: I did read through it, although I stopped at the 1850 post with the map, since I figured I wouldn't need to go any further. Apparently some more North American stuff was after that, but still before 1850, though.

9. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

OOC: I just went through the Pomeranian War. Whatcha want, I got lots of stuff to read.

10. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

OOC: Some very important Louisiana stuff was after that map, but was marked till 1860. It basically goes over everything after it became an Empire. That little section is the only real relevant thing for Louisiana for the current date and time.

11. JohannaK

OOC: Thank SK I'm not Louisiana, then :p

12. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

I support this

13. TheMeanestGuest

TheMeanestGuest Warlord

To: France

His Majesty the King Victor Amadeus IV of the House of Bourbon-Savoy treasures above all things his friendship with his dear cousin Her Sublime Majesty the Queen Anne. Sardinia shall never forsake the French, for we well remember the courage of the men of France as they fought beside us in defense of our homeland. Our nation yet stands as France's staunchest companion. We remain your firmest ally and your most loyal friend.

14. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

To: World Leaders

I am looking to lease naval bases to interested parties. Those wishing a naval base in the central Mediterranean are invited to contact me with offers in the 7 EP per year range.

15. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

To: All Concerned Parties
    CC: Aragon-Sicily

Recognizing the need for cooperation in order to maintain the peace and balance of power in Europe, the Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Aragon-Sicily regard the following compact, to be known as the Treaty of Barcelona, as a basis for all future relations. Its terms and tenets will serve as a guide for future diplomatic cooperation and will establish an alliance between both states.

1. The Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Aragon-Sicily recognize a state of military and economic alliance as existing between each other, which shall entrust either with the right to assist or to intervene on behalf of the other when both parties deem it necessary. Under no circumstances will this alliance bind either party to militarily assist either state when it is not considered necessary or imperative.

2. The Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Aragon-Sicily agree to cooperate economically and diplomatically in order to maintain the balance of power in Europe and abroad, and consider this treaty the basis for structuring of mutually-beneficial trade policies. These agreements shall be considered negotiable at any given time and neither state shall be obligated to maintain them beyond their mutual usefulness.

3. The Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Aragon-Sicily recognize first the state of Algiers as being within Aragon's sphere of influence, and second, the regions of northern Africa excepting Algiers to be an area of French concern. They affirm their commitment to the maintenance of the status quo in western Africa, where Aragon acknowledges the importance of France's missionary and civilizing efforts to French interests and to the benefit of mankind.

4. The Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Aragon-Sicily consider diplomatic cooperation in order to maintain the status quo in Iberia and its various kingdoms the keystone of their relationship and resultant alliance.

5. The Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Aragon-Sicily agree that negotiable portions of this treaty shall be returned to whenever necessary by both states in order to ensure the continuation of the alliance and the benefit of all concerned.

Signed, Her Supreme Majesty Queen Anne of the French, Lioness of France, Defender of Her Empire
    Signed, His Excellency Ferdinand Leclercq, First Minister of the National Parliament

To: New Granada

It is of course Her Majesty's intention to continue the Kingdom of France's beneficial and friendly relations with New Granada. We look forward to many years of friendship and prosperity with the people of your nation and have every interest in continuing the investment of the Kingdom of France and its merchants in your nation's success and welfare. We have every appreciation for New Granada's decision to permit France to continue operating naval bases within its sovereign territory and Her Majesty's government continues to respect Granadan sovereignty and consider New Granada an ally of the French nation.

To: Sardinia

This is excellent news. Her Majesty Queen Anne and the French people remain grateful to Sardinia for its support and loyal friendship.

16. JohannaK

Signed, His Majesty King Charles V of Aragon, Valencia, Mallorca and Sicily, Count of Barcelona.

17. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Yeah NWAG, what you've been doing so far is basically a complete 180 from the overall direction of Austria-Hungary for the past 50+ years. I did tell you that the Catholic Church is considered firmly a thing of the past, which holds true for everyone except the most reactionary figures on the fringe of European politics. The fact is that the majority of both the Austro-Hungarian people and government either dislike or actively oppose any form of interaction between religion and government, particularly the Catholic Church. Were you to actually do (and continue to do) what you seem to be planning, it would likely lead to a revolution or civil war within a mere 2-3 years. At the very least, Joseph would be removed from power.

Your current monarch is a liberal who wants less than nothing to do with the Church. Being a liberal monarch does not make him a Jacobin as you seem to be assuming. (A Jacobin would be labelled a Republican in the context of this NES.) What Liberal does mean, however, is that your monarch is a reformist. And had Joseph's philosophy been considered stupid, it wouldn't have lasted over fifty years, nor would it be the dominant philosophy of half of Europe right now.

tl;dr please play in character, that being not what you've been playing as. Even more so because you are, after all, a great power. If you're looking for something more conservative, then Cordoba, La Plata, or somewhere in the Balkans would probably suit you a lot better than Austria-Hungary.

I would have placed Juan as a reactionary by global standards actually, which would make Francisco a conservative. Francisco struck me as one more open to reform, but not one actively trying to pursue it like certain European monarchs.

18. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

@SK: That proves that I need to go to sleep.

19. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

OOC: Nutbunnies. (From Bob & George, if you are wondering)

20. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

I am joining as the Indiana Protectorate.