Snakes & Foxes 3: The ****oo's Nest (Game Thread)

OOC : Sorry for the late arrival, I was kinda busy.

IC:

I bet 50g on the monk, he who wants to fight must have a trick or two up his sleeve. Which, incidentally, are very deep in a monk's robe.

"Oooh. The Harlequin spots profit, here. Double my bet on the ranger, then.

Oh and anyone want to play Somnium? We can skip the house rules if you're allergic to fur or haven't brought enough feathers?"

Midnight, Day 1

As the night dragged on, the audience did what they could to keep spirits high, cheering at each placed bet and playing somnium to avoid sleeping. Occasionally they also got to cheer as one contestant or other took the stage down in the arena to show off and tell the audience a bit about themselves, as well as helping the narrator who was to later write about their battles. So far team 5 was the definite favorite of the crowd, with no less than four of its members giving the audience their due. Teams 6 and 8 on the other hand would risk face rotten melons and pumpkin pies from the crowd and some slander from the narrator - though team 6 at least got some slack by announcing their adoption of a real and awesome name.

On the betting side, the monk got off to an early lead, but as the night advanced its positions the ranger's supporters became more and more. Around midnight the odds were clearly against the monk, though still close enough to be considered close. As the midnight bell tolled, the greatest cheer of the night arose as two lesser officials came to fetch the morning combatants into isolation. There they would warm up and prepare, to give the best possible show for Perpentach come morning. Meanwhile the betting would continue until dawn.

Current betting odds: Monk vs Ranger: 1.3:1

oops, just back from overlong long weekend (public holiday in UK).

Um. 50 gold on the monk {OOC: I blew you up in DGJ so I'll show some faith here...}

I just wanted to say, I really do like this game system idea. The battle update's all done! Now you guys won't have to wait for each update to come and we can be efficient like Germans. :)

I apologize in advance for the shoddy qualify. I was doing this when I should have been studying, so if it's rambly or if there are grammatical errors, well, blame Nicky for not catching them, but also me. :p

The Head Bookkeeper looks sternly at the Eidolon.

"Given is given, not coming back unless you win first."

He then switches his gaze to the Divided Soul.

"And you sir - bold your bets! Like this! You don't want us to miss them, do you now?"

"Heehee. Now I have seen everything! An Eidolon crying! Teehee-heehee! And The Harlequin thought you were strong and brave!" the Harlequin proceeds to drum his chest with his fists and a gesture that could have expressed manhood had he not been wearing jingling bells and a red-and-yellow clown dress.

What happened to speaking in rhyme, silly Harlequin? Since you seem unable to do so anymore, I doubt there is much use for you :p

Now, let's crack out the best booze and talk about how awesome I am till the update comes.

I'll put 100 gold on the Monk to win

Top Bottom