1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Speculation: New patch and/or DLC on the 21st of november

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by anandus, Oct 21, 2011.

1. OverWind

OverWind Chieftain

We use "..." as a standard in Denmark but „…” as an alternative. I think it's only used if it's a quote from a person. As in:

1) I just "love" spawning next to Alexander in Diety.

2) „I just love spawning next to Alexander in Diety” - Martin Mouritzen, 2011.

2. WeneedmoreCivs

WeneedmoreCivs Warlord

My thoughts exactly. I'd buy a couple DLCs for every month if they just released new Civs or added buildings/techs.

3. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

They should come up with a pack of extra UU's one for each of the current civs.

4. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

I'd prefer a standardization to 2 UUs and one UB per civ, it could alleviate some balance issues.
    Germany and Japan could get industrial or scientific buildings to make them less overspecialized for warfare, England could use a good economic building to make them less useless. The Vanilla Enhanced Mod for example makes the Ship of the Line a generic unit available for all civs and gives England a windmill UB with +1 :c5production: and +1 :c5gold: on tiles with luxury resources.

5. HorribleHarald

HorribleHarald Warlord

Both Celts and Carthaginians sounds nice, I like to see leaders Vercingetorix and Hannibal Barca and
    Celtic UUs: Gaesatae and Gallowglass
    Carthaginian UUs: Numidian Cavalry and Punic Elephant

Beware Romans!

6. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

this is a desirable speculation

7. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I agree, I think this would work well to balance civs out. For Siam, they should add the Yantric Cloth Bandit, or Bang Rajan Warrior, man those guys were tough! It could be a replace for either pike or musketmen.

Yes, and they were right to make SOTL available to everyone thats how it should be, don't they have a historical advisor at Firaxis? If not they need one badly! Give the Brits a damn redcoat for crying out loud. Give the US some Marines, or Airborne Rangers, something to toughen them up like they should be. Navy Seals perhaps, thats an idea! They should give the Russians a shock army.

"The 'Shock' armies were created with the specific structure to engage and destroy significant enemy forces, and were reinforced with more armoured and artillery assets than other combined arms armies. Where necessary the Shock armies were reinforced with mechanised, tank and cavalry formations and units. During the Second World War some Shock armies included armoured trains and air-sled equipped units."

Maybe this could be associated with a UB of some type. Or it simply could be represented by a different tank, Katyusha rocket launcher, or Soviet style WWII artillery piece, that represents shock army. Maybe they can only be built if a city has a UB for building Shock armies. The UB could be a Military District Headquarters, or some viable name.

There are so many things that could be done to improve the game. What it will take is imagination and balance playtesting. This game could be 100 times better than it is currently. And I am not saying it is bad at this point, but the diplomacy needs to be tweaked somewhat, along with improvements to the AI.

8. WeneedmoreCivs

WeneedmoreCivs Warlord

Excellent choices, I'd be down with any of those.

9. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

I'm very much against a standardization giving every civ 2 UUs and 1 UB.

Considering the DLC model it would really be best if civs are diverse. That way there is something for everyone. There are already several civs with 2 UU, favouring war. Sadly, there are no civs that are very specific builder civs (I'd be very happy with a 1 UB and 1 UI civ).

I think if some civs have more UUs and others more UBs or UIs really adds flavour and diversity among the civs. This is really what I love about ciV, the variety among the civs.

That being said, I'm much in favour of one UU UB or UI being added per civ. However, this should probably happen in an expansion. It would be superawesome if this special unit, building or improvement doesn't replace anything. So an entirely additional unit! That would create even more diversity and flavour!

10. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

If they decided to go down a route of having multiple leaders per civ, what about each civ have 1UU + 1UB, plus either a UU or UB that was linked to each leader?

BTW, I'm definately up for the next DLC to be an "enemies of Rome" including the Carthaginians and Celts, with a scenario or two based on that era. It seems I'm not the only one who would enjoy that. Whatever it is though, I'm one of those who will buy it. More civs=more diversity=more fun in my opinion.

11. spider1

spider1 Prince

Whatever they do with those types of tweeks, someone will make a mod to change it. They are aware of that. What they need to do is an expansion of some type, something that will change the game and add an entirely new aspect to it.

12. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney Chieftain

Espionage please:goodjob:

13. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Has anyone from 2K even mentioned the possibility the an upcoming patch of DLC? It seems like they've been silent for months now...

14. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Prince

yes! I disliked that in civ 4, but now I miss the spy feature.

15. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

I've never heard of either of them! Although Wikipedia says the events at Bang Rajan were fictional, and i can't seem to find the bandits anywhere.

I don't think they're really appropriate anyhow, Bang Rajan was one event, and the bandits don't seem, "official", sort of how you don't see ninjas as Japan's UU.

16. fmlizard2

fmlizard2 Prince

I don't really care when we find out about a patch, I just care that Aspyr finds out about it before we do so that I don't have to boot up Windows for 2 months just to play CiV.

17. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

They don't like to talk about upcoming plans until they are relatively complete. Otherwise, they get met with complaints if they end up not being able to follow through on something.

18. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

People complain on this forum? :confused:

19. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

:lol:

I at least assume you're joking.

20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

Me? Joking? Never! Just because this forum has a dedicated rants thread, just because a goodly number of the posts are "Why does [Civ], [Unit], [UU], [UB], etc., Suck?" in no way means that I was joking. :lol: