The Democratic Caliphate.

The Caliph hath spoken!
Alright.

I will return, do not worry.

We will have something sorted out in the parliament group. The reason I was not active was because of life work, and having to balance it.

The story will go on. If the council members accept that I remain in power, then I will be writing the stories. If not, I will give it to the most capable person.

EDIT: I have put my previous post under quotes because I wasn't aware of Sanguiv's return.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:thanx:

I too like the idea of electing someone. I wouldn't like to choose the ones that could be elected with Jackelgull, it's too arbitrary for me.

I was thinking we could elect anyone willing to be Caliph, even if he isn't part of the Council yet (it doesn't take much to become part of the Council anyways), but I'm unsure if he should stick as Caliph until something makes him retire, or if he should have a specific term.

So who here is interested in becoming Caliph? From the Council we have citis, the only counselor without a role, and also anyone else willing to get rid of his position to become Caliph.

Anyways, I'll only pass the ruleship on the next term, as we already started this one, so to not make things confusing. Also it gives the possibility to keep doing the Council affairs while we debate on how to make a new Caliph.

As VGL hasn't given any news until now, and nobody changed their votes for more then a day, I'll give 24h for him to appear and cast a vote on the Partition of America issue.

So here we may debate about the position of Caliph, while there on the group we will end the discussions pre-council and then start the Council of 1249 A.D.

Dar al Arab (VGL)
Dar al-Iraq (adhiraj.bose)
Dar al-Zanj (Manuss)
Dar ash-Sham (Imp. Knoedel)

Please take a look at the Provisional Shura group to choose the promotion of your units.

Our Caliph has returned BTW. You may check his message there. We are preparing for the transition back to the old ways (at last!).

I SUPPORT the war with Americans. I was gone because of the "account corruption' issue

I SUPPORT the war with Americans. I was gone because of the "account corruption' issue

It's ok, the Caliph proposed to postpone closing the vote to wait for you, go there on the group and give your vote for each of the 3 categories.

Also, give the promotions of your catapult and camel archer there

I have decided to stop being a little b**** and own up to my responsibilities, so this is what needs to happen:

-Hopefully the issue on who gets what in the Americas has been resolved. It looks that way to me, so that can be closed.

-The current open council needs to be finished. I intend on making a story this weekend.

-Because of my inability to grasp the situation at hand, I have decided that Spirictum is best capable to govern in my absence, just for this term. Hopefully everyone feels this way. If not, try to convince us of another alternative. However, I will still be writing the story.

-Jackelgull: Love the "Caliph has fallen ill" story. It's a great way to spice things up. The Caliph has recovered, al-hamdu lillah.

And you write stories real well. 10/10, loved that entry.

-I will update the thread, to include jackelgull's chapter.

-Only by everyone's consent, I am allowed to return as Caliph.

- Any people wanting to participate in Shura can PM me, and I will add them into the Majlis (Parliament) group.

-After this council is concluded, the provisional shura should be closed, and we all go back to the original shura group.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

To make it up to you guys in some way, I have decided to add in a new section to our Shura: Ulama, or scholars.

This group consists of the Ummah's trained religious scholars. They are the modern equivalent to a Supreme Court.

The Ulama are there to add another check to the Islamic government, and to ensure that it is following Islamic law. Before decisions/councils are passed, they must first be passed to and validated by the Ulama. However, they are not governors, so they have no specific territory to rule over. Again, think of a Supreme Court.

They will get their own thread inside the group to discuss.

If you want to participate, but you believe you do not have the flexibility to come up with policies, then train to become a religious scholar today, just PM me :) !

That sounds quite interesting actually... I think I would like to do that, and drop my position as Stability Advisor, I'm worse than useless at that. Also, is the governing now moving to the original social group or is it staying in the new one?

I will include you in the Majlis once I get ownership of the group back, and you can be part of the Ulama.

Though it would be cool to have a team member that is well knowledgeable about the RFC stability system to give their input and advice.

The thing is, I don't really have a very good grasp on it. Anyone who saw my Brazil story would know that :lol: I had like -80 stability at one point :p I like to play my RFC DoC games ridiculously :D

The expeditions to the Maghrib were lead by an individual named Tariq Abdul-Khaliq. Recent advancements in ship and navigation technology meant that the Ummah is no longer restricted to its own coasts and lands. It can now transgress and explore the seas, oceans, and everything that Allah has made observable in the world.

Abdul-Khaliq amassed a crew of 300 Muslims who desired to explore the oceans of Allah. They prepared their ship, "Samiha" (The Forgiving) with all the food and equipment they need to survive for several months out in the oceans. The journey will be tough.

As Abdul-Khaliq looked back to the shores of Iskindiriya one last time, he said, "Fare well my Ummah. My men and I have left your ground, but you will never leave our hearts. If we do not make it back safely, then to Allah we all return."

The pirates that loitered in the Mediterranean waters were unforgiving, and the ship was often in peril. However, this gave the crew members the opportunity to use the rudimentary applications to gunpowder that the Ummah has discovered. Flaming spears were propelled through the use of saltpeter, as well as some of the arbalests. Needless to say, many pirates fled upon encountering these weapons.

The ship stopped in a port town in Andalusia to restock on supplies to do some last minute repairs before heading off into al-Majhool (The unknown). When the sun began to depart into the West, the crew went to the back and gave one last wave to Andalusia. They follow the sun now:

I'm just waiting for VGL to choose his promotions for me to deliver all the Graphs in the Ummah Report of 1249.

The Caliph stated that he will only return if everybody accepts him. I think we may forget about asking all the counselors if they agree with this, and let any counselor that disagrees to give his opinion about it here. I hope nobody disagrees, as we didn't do it anytime before. Personally I'm really happy with Sanguiv's return, and I hope everyone else shares this feeling.

The provisional Shura can be closed either after the Unit Promotions thread or after the Council thread, it's your call Sanguiv. For measures of reserve, I intend on keeping the group alive for any future problem we might have, so we can keep working if the main group gets locked by any unfortunate future absence. It'll become inactive until a need arises. We may move the War on the Ottomans thread to the main group because few have replied about my plan actually, and that's the most important event of this next term.

So if you have closed the American situation, baseballpie is indeed the Counselor of Mesoamerica. Congratulations baseballpie! :goodjob: And welcome to our provincial clashes and schemes misunderstandings and conflicting policies :D

And I loved your story update Sanguiv! Also, Jackelgull could keep writing something here and there about the story, with the Caliph's consent, because both of you write really well, and more stories make this story/game even more interesting.

So I think we could start the next council at once, but where do you think it's better Caliph? Already on the original group or still on the provisional one? The advantage of making on the provisional one is because the Ummah Report is there, but if you want to make in the original, I'll gladly move my Report posts there (I need that last reserved post to update the Graphs and Map, and people may still ask for more screenshots that I may update in one of my 4 dedicated posts to the Report, so it'll be better if the posts are mine, to be able to edit them, wherever we will make the Council)

Keep the Council Thread on the provisional shura, we will move back to the original once this term is complete.

And welcome to the playing field, baseballpie. You will have fun quarreling with the other Ministers.

Because VGL has not replied for so long, do not promote any of his units and he can tell us what he would like when he returns.

I would prefer that the Council completes in five days, so begin it as soon as possible.

If you have not uploaded the savegame in the report yet, make dure to do so.

Keep the Ottoman discussion in the provisional group as well. We will use that group until the term finishes, just so therr isno confusion.

Yes I'll keep VGL's units unpromoted, but that means I'll have to update the graphs twice, once now and one after he chooses the promotions (unless he decides none of his 2 units will get Combat promotions).

So Counselors, go to the Provisional Shura group and post your orders for the Council of 1249 there. Any questions may be put on the General Discussion thread, or if they are requests of info, you may put on the Ummah Report thread.

VGL, please choose what you have to choose, you've been active on the american realpolitik but you keep ignoring what we've been posting here, on the provisional shura and my PM. You just have to choose the promotions for 2 units, or let the Caliph choose them for you.

The morning breeze ruffles his hair, and the Aztec king gazes out onto the vast sea, currently a turquoise carpet. It is his morning ritual; yet, today the king has something troubling his mind. Two strange men, if they could even be called that, have washed upon his shores. Wrapped in tattered and dirtied clothes of foreign material, light skin, as if the gods had decided to dilute the color of the Aztec peoples with water, clutching tightly to a written parchment, repeatedly muttering the phrase, Allahu Akbar, they were unlike anything the king ever had the misfortune of dealing with. What should he do with them? Were they messengers from the divine? Were they gods themselves? Their calendars did nothing to predict this. He knew the priests were eager to get their hands on these strangers for sacrifices. The Aztec nation had been idle for too long; the last big war for sacrificial captives had been seven years ago. The people were beginning to forget that they were warriors, and the king decided that it would not hurt to appease the priesthood from time to time. The gods were not an enemy one wanted. These strangers, they were simply men, stupid men too stupid to even speak intelligible language. There was nothing to be troubled over in sacrificing them. The next day, the king of the Aztecs thundered imperiously declaring to the crowd that the captives would sacrificed in a special holiday to the god of war. The king would regret this, when several months later the city of Tuitán was captured and the invaders marched on to Tenochtitlan.

Here is a little tale on the sacrifice of the first unofficial missionaries sent to the Aztecs. there would later ones who knew a bit of the local language, but they too would be sacrificed for other reasons.

And finally, let me share a little tidbit with you- that Ibn Abbas I mentioned in my stand in posts, he was an enemy of early Islam and fought the Muslims in the battle of the trenches. He was the first one to make it past the fortifications of te Muslims, and challenged them to fight him. The only one who was willing to fight him was Ali. Now, the reports of the battle might be exaggerated (At one point, Ali apparently cut off Abbas' leg, then Ibn Abbas picked up his severed leg and threw it at Ali. Ali ducked and the Muslims who were hit became martyrs) but still, it is an awesome story.

Awesome. Allow me to take it from there. I will expand the story from the perspective of the invaders (Us). Just as soon as I get the time (Sorry guys, lots of statistics assignments).

Just to remind everyone that the Council is open and all counselors should go to the Provisional Shura group to give their policies. The Caliph has stated that on this council the Provisional Shura should still be used. Next term we will go back to the original Majlis ash-Shura group.

Once again remember to follow our 1-post/counselor rule on the 1st round of the council (to make compilation easier).

I'll give mine later as I'm really tired of all the stuff I had to do on the Caliph's absence (well done there sanguiv, your work as Caliph is really tiresome). Glad that you're back!

Dar al Arab VGL has quit his position on the Ummah. All counselors please go to the group for this new discussion.

For now the Counselor in-line being asked to take Arab's role is Al-Noob.

Top Bottom