The Democratic Caliphate.

Citis: Oh that wasn't a painter. I took that picture from a series called "Umar".

The Buddhists have not yet set up a Pilgrimage system. Maybe future leaders could asvocate for more religious tolerance within the empire.

Abd al-Quddus, Khalid

Science!

Abd al-Quddus, Khalid

عبد القدوس وخالد

Abd al-Quddus, Khalid

And what the heck is a Mizrahi Muslim?

I wanted to say Judean, like of the ethnicities that are from Judea. The problem is that saying Jew is a religious identity, not an ethnic one.

Abd al-Quddus, Khalid

Abd al-Quddus, Khalid: 7
Abd al-Aziz, Mina: 1
Abd al-Musawwir, Adam: 0

Khalid wins the election. He gives an opening speech:
"In the words of our Messenger, the pen of a scholar is holier than the blood of a Martyr. The Muslim Ummah must undergo spiritual enlightenment by invigorating their knowledge of the sciences. Science is the will of God, and we must travel to the ends of the Earth to study it."

Abd al-Quddus, Khalid couldn't have inherited the empire at a better time. The empire just got out of war, and has met many new civilizations which are willing to trade with the Muslims.

This era was named the Era of History, because most of the religions and ruins were studied during this time.

The most important document Khalid has constructed during his lifetime was a papyrus scroll called, "Nasr al-Muslimeen". This document outlines the various things Muslims have to fulfill in order to be recognized as the dominant world power. Some excerpts of the scroll still remain today:

"... Without ensuring that half of the world pledge their allegiance to Islam, the Nation will never be secure..."

"...The city of Mecca shall eternally be the capital of the Muslims, and draw in influential scholars, scientists, engineers, artists and leaders all over the world..."

"...Must hold the holy cities of five other religions, and the Muslims shall be the eternal protectors of those religious groups..."

Future Muslims used his document as a goal that they use to guide their nation.

Khalid was a wealthy man, and did not mind buying slaves in order to complete projects. Many schools were founded around the empire:
Spoiler :

The city of Daradura, which once revolted to joined the Muslims, now asked officially to become part of the empire. Khalid, acknowledging the limit of the Bait al-Maal (House of Treasury), decided to disband the city and instead give all the Muslims there a free trip to any city in the empire that they choosed:
Spoiler :

The Navigators of God:
Remember that small fleet send Eastwards? It has made it a far way, and here is its Journey.

The fleet finally left the Indian Peninsula and arrived at a city called "Pagan". It is less of a city and more of a small town of those following the Hindu religion. "They do not even have a standing army", a navigator reported:
Spoiler :

Eventually, the fleet contacted another civilization, the Khmer, although they were not very friendly and did not want to negotiate anything or even open their borders. Many navigators felt that would be the end of the trip, as they assumed the Khmer controlled the seas:
Spoiler :

However, it was not the case. Another similar civilization, known as the Kingdom of Srivijaya, controlled the Strait of Malacca, which connects the Indian Sea to the East Sea. They were friendlier than the Khmer, and offered us free access to their seas:
Spoiler :

the Navigators of Islam got as far as the Kingdom of Guangzhou, a large, independent city state with a huge army. Upon contacting the King, the Navigators discovered that this vast expanse of land, from Guangzhou to other lands the King spoke of, belonged to the civilization of China, and he intends to revive its glory. Not much is known about the history of China as of yet:
Spoiler :

With all of this, the Navigators were able to make a large map encompassing most of South Asia, though it would not return to the Empire until they return. Once they return, they will be recognized as heroes:
Spoiler :

Mapping:
In an attempt to be more knowledgeable about the people in the empire, Khalid ordered scholars to craft maps that reveal the trade groups of the region and the cultures of the region:
Spoiler :

Diplomacy:
A few trade deals were made with the Ethiopians. Wanting a non-perishable food source, the Ethiopians were willing to give some of their aromatic incense for a supply of grain. The aroma of incense now fills the air of many mosques and libraries:
Spoiler :

the Khmer empire, who did not give us a good impression, asked the Muslim Empire for help in developing their currency. Khalid, believing that Khmer could be a useful ally in the future, accepted the offer:
Spoiler :

Abyssinian Warlords in Upper Egypt:
Some defects from the Ethiopian kingdom decided to raid and pillage parts of the Muslim empire. Khalid did not tolerate this at all. A regiment of cavalry archers, combined with men of the spear and archer garrisons of the city of Tell-Hisn, were used to weed out these warlords:
Spoiler :

The Numidians:
Spoiler :

This ethnic group that lived in pockets of oases in the Sahara Desert often like to attack weak areas in order to secure more food, tools and luxurious resources. In the past, the Ethiopian Kingdoms sent armies out into the deserts to destroy these peoples, but in recent times they have developed much skill in horse-riding and are now a threat to any caravan crossing the Sahara.

Ruins of Shushan:
Ruins that remain east of Babil belonged to an Ancient Mesopotamian civilization. It was later captured by the Persians and later the Byzantines, who burned the city to the ground. The ruins remain today, with its withered monuments. Muslims who travel to see the city reflect on the Qur'anic verses, "By the Asr (Golden age, age of Heights, afternoon). Indeed, Mankind is in loss..."
Spoiler :

With that, the seventh term is complete. Khalid died from a heart attack.

The Muslim Council has been called yet again to cast their votes and choose a new leader for the Muslim people. Who shall it be?

Abd Allah, Bilal:
An educated Muslim from Mecca who has read the "Nasr al-Muslimeen", and wants to urgently fulfill all its objectives.

Policies:
-Increase the size of the Muslim army.
-Search and locate other holy cities by any means necessary.
-Increase the amount of specialized people and have them move to Mecca.

Abd al-Basit, Barzin:
A Persian Muslim who believes that his homeland is being oppressed by the Byzantines and the Muslims must free the Persian people from their grasp.

Policies:
-Invade and capture Gwadar.

Abd al-Qabid, Garai:
An Egyptian Muslim. He was very inspired by Khalid's policies, and believes that he did not live long enough to ensure that every person was literate.

Policies:
-Complete what Khalid has started.

Abd Allah, Bilal

Abd al-Qabid, Garai

Before I continue any further, I'd like people to comment about my writing so far.

-What do you like from my writings?
-What do you think is bad from my writings?
-Do you like the images I place, or should there be a change in that?
-Do I keep the story interesting, or is it boring to read?

Top Bottom