The Great CFC Pizza-Off

Mr. Dictator

A Chain-Smoking Fox
Recently, a pizza was made. A pizza that would impress few, by its contents; yet impressed me and my lady friend, by its taste. I was going to post said pizza in the "what are you cooking tonight" thread, but I didn't cook it tonight and it wasn't on the first page.

Suddenly, an idea struck. We'll have a pizza-off!

The rules:

- You must make this pizza yourself (I'll give you the option for store-bought crust, as I used it as well and this would allow more participation)

- A picture of said pizza must be included to be eligible for entry, along with a list of ingredients. Heating times encouraged (in case we need to try it before we judge :p )

- Submissions must be in this thread by 12 AM CST, September 7th, 2012

After all of the submissions are in, if we somehow have more than 25 submissions, a nomination process will begin before voting.

Feel free to get creative, give it a funny name, add nonsense ingredients, etc. You may submit more than one pizza, but you must choose the one you wish to compete with.

Perhaps there could be several awards? Help me out with this, guys.

May the best pizza win!

Here's my first submission!

It has pesto, parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil, olives, and feta cheese. This is the first pizza I've ever made, so I think I may have gone overboard with the toppings, but it ended up delicious. Baked at 425 for 10 minutes.

Spoiler :

The slice with plentiful olives on the bottom right was requested by my lady-friend, a notorious olive lover.

One of the highlights of the place I'm building is the outdoor BBQ with, yep, wood fired pizza oven aswell. Unfortunately it won't be ready for 10 months so a submission isn't possible.

By the way, that's one green pizza. Looks good though.

That looks tasty, Mr. Dictator.
When it's homemade pizza night this week, I'll take some photos.

Sorry, didn't have time to cook it. I swear it's legit.

Here's my first submission!

It has pesto, parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil, olives, and feta cheese. This is the first pizza I've ever made, so I think I may have gone overboard with the toppings, but it ended up delicious. Baked at 425 for 10 minutes.

Spoiler :

The slice with plentiful olives on the bottom right was requested by my lady-friend, a notorious olive lover.
It's invisible. :confused:

Honestly, I can't see any picture!

The first is a pizza with Greek feta, mozzarella, red onion and olives.
The second has ground beef and ham, with mozzarella.
Both have oregano on them.

Who puts ground beef on a pizza? I mean honestly, that's really a waste of two perfectly good things.

It tastes great, so I don't know what your problem is.

Kudos V. They both look eminiently eatable. Especially the second one!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize making pizza was a science. I consider it to be an art.

Thank you to those who truly appreciate the art of the meatlover's pizza.

Aye those toppings look fine.
Now, if you were putting chopped bananas with a jack daniels chocolate sauce all over it - i would have serious issues with it.

Just a pleasant reminder that all entrees must be in by 12 AM CST, September 7th.

I routinely cook pizza. I use a store bought crust, usually boboli. Use olive oil on the crust, and tomato sauce that comes with the crust. Then I put a layer of baby spinach on it all over. Then I will add chopped white mushrooms, and white onions. Then I will add artichoke hearts. I cover that with an italian 4 cheese mix, and the last thing I put on top is some bacon crumbles and sun dried tomatos. I cook it in my oven at 350 for about 15 to 20 mins until the bottom crust is golden brown, then slice it up.

Tastes awesome.

I'll cook one up tomorrow and add a pic.

Top Bottom