• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The great DoC 1.8 UHV challenge

In my experience AI Turkey NEVER opens border with me.

Nice Anglo-Ottoman Alliance there, TD. Gotta love Good Queen Bess and her Free Religion ways. :)

Suleiman would OB with me if we have a mutual military struggle, even if we have different religions. I may have also helped them with a tech.

What about Mehmed II?

Also, can someone explain to me why there would be a certain jump of cost for certain techs at a certain turn? For example Iron Working would cost 422 at turn 72 but costs 604 at turn 75.

Edit: Mehmed II would open border too when we have a mutual military struggle.

I'm going to drop this beautiful start here for 3000BC Corea.

When I have the time, I'm going to experiment with it and see where I can come out of.

Attachments

• Wang Kon BC-0055 Turn 137.CivBeyondSwordSave
    269 KB · Views: 46
That China can't do jack when those Barb Horse Archers keep coming at them.
I think my general strategy will be to mass up and destroy Japan on spawn,
then turn my attention onto China. I just hope that the barbs don't raze
Luoyang so that Confucianism is lost forever (or did Leoreth change it so that
Holy Cities can't be razed, even by barbs?). I have no idea how China got so weak
but I'm guessing it was heavy barb pressure (Horse Archers from north, Swordsmen from west,
War Elephants from south) and losing initial Settlers somehow.

Why keep Constantinople's pop so low? Is it all from Drafting?

It's the best GP farm in this game - I'd Farm all around it. You're also missing a Harbor there.

More like whipping for Wonders and the occasional emergency troop.

You can see for yourself in the save if you'd like.

Off topic but based on The Power of Beer and Fresol's Corea games,
I can't help but wonder how different it'd be with my suggested
Power of Hallyu and the associated culture flip UHV.

I just hope that the barbs don't raze
Luoyang so that Confucianism is lost forever (or did Leoreth change it so that
Holy Cities can't be razed, even by barbs?).
Yes, I did.

May I post a challenge?
Play this Byzantium game.

Rules :
No WB at all, without any exceptions, even if that's mean Constantinople is not your capital.

The earliest player that achieve UHV win this challenge :)

Attachments

• The Challenge.CivBeyondSwordSave
    297.5 KB · Views: 39
Uh Leoreth, I can't seem to build a Confucian Academy whatsoever,
and I have 4 Confucian Temples for sure. Do I need roads connecting
all my cities or something?

Also, progress report.

Built up and crushed Japan on spawn then brought over a Settler for Jianghu.
Barbs destroyed China shortly after and I brought a small stack supplemented
with mercenaries to capture the Confucian Holy City.

Attachments

• Wang Kon AD-1150 Turn 236.CivBeyondSwordSave
    559.3 KB · Views: 44
Nope, what does the city screen say? Is the Confucian Academy grayed out or lacking completely?

And that game's another example of how Korea is just too stable.

Check the save, I can't build Confucian Academies whatsoever.

And there are definitely 4 Confucian Temples there.

Also...Music?

If Cathedrals need Music, then shouldn't it show on the Building screen?
Because it doesn't show it on the Civilopedia.

Well, I checked the same, you didn't have Music. One needs Music to build Cathedrals.

Check the tech screen (F6).

I tried it, but it won't open :(

I did and got killed by barbs and gave up :(

I gave Ethiopia (Monarch, normal speed) a try and - remembering several failed Christianity attempts in vanilla RFC - went for the easy Reformation road. It turned out very simple and rather boring in the end.

1st city was Lalibela 1S, the 2nd settler went straight to the Durban gold to get iron and bronze. Egypt was too strong for a surprise attack, so I chose to play peacefully - how it turned out, till the very end. I switched to Pantheon to get some leftover wonders (Cothon, Oracle).
1st tech was Code of Laws to get courthouses and Great Spies early on. Alphabet and some minor techs were traded from India and Persia. Spies and boats were sent around to get contacts and ressources.
The 3 incense UHV is trivial and quite pointless: the 3rd incense was acquired by an unprocted settler sent right on the Aden spot in 600, and the crap city was immediately gifted to Egypt.
My 3rd major town was Zanzibar founded around 1000 - which is probably not needed since you can get an indy town for free slightly later.
Printing Press and virtual UHV in 1390 - which could be done much earlier if you visit some huts and / or have a bit more luck with getting Great Spies.
Finally peaceful settling around Africa and teching along - all for getting the highest population and an impressive Dan Quayle rating (1778) in 1910.

As a note: My short visit to America did give me Aztec and Inca conquerors. However I was very disappointed when I only received those weakish musketmen instead of my mighty Askari warriors.
I considered going for a domination attempt, but after a look at my stability rating with just 2 American cities, I went back to the motherland.

Top Bottom