The Idiots' Partee

No, seriously, will anyone replace me? If someone wants the job and agrees with strong use of cottages, I will completely back off? You see, I win either way so I really don't mind. In one way, I get to make sure the land is worked properly, in the other situation, I get more life! lol. Any takers? I'll lead your campaign!

Side note, fe3333au, your avatar is scary, so is whomps. And why change avatars? Asoka is one of my favorite historical figures and this is probobly the best modern representation of his likeness. If anyone can find the original Ir-Won Song of Won Buddhism, I will accept it as an avatar, but only the one drawn in black and if it matches the forum skin color for plainess. You will find that I am colorful in my plainess, that is where my color lies. For what is color without plain, and plain, without color.

Thanks a lot for the link. I guess the treads are all clogged and it is very hard to spot the right one. May be it can be a sticky-sticky thread which is always on top but that is probably not allowed by the forum software.

Nomad, you have a plan with an actual rational (which is not always the case here in the land of idiots). Don't give up the office if you don't have to.

I'm vulgar, abusive and stupid, but not to my team. It appears that goes against your philosophy Nomad, but don't worry about, because I won't disrepect u anywhere.

OT, IP you're now the the Brigadier in charge of SpecOps. Figure out what that means and report to whomp.

Did I mention I'm <censored> at someone who desires to be a linguist. Not fe, not whomp, not nomad, not tubs, not dave, etc.

Free promotion to whomever can identify peewee2 in a PM

Small promotion to anyone who can identify the AFC rep.

I think I am going to recruit emp.

@ IP, post one now edited

Nomad, you have to understand where my first post about you as Min. of Int. You had just signed up... and then requested a position. I know most of the others already here. I didn't know you. I also am a strong supporter of cottages. You got my vote :thumbsup:

Prez -> Dave's Shaking Shack
Dept of Int -> Nomad "The cottage man" Bryce
Dept of Military -> Whomp?
Dept of Science -> B?
Justice -> Iron "Sheep Boy" Gold?

I like tub's roster. based on what I know of all, it should work. although I do worry about fe and the sheep...

Furiey said:
How about some DPs?

We could put forward a few of those.
didn't know that was an electable position.....

Prez -> Dave's Shaking Shack
Dept of Int -> Nomad "The cottage man" Bryce
Dept of Military -> Whomp?
Dept of Science -> B
DP -> Tubby
Governor-> IamSid , Tubby

The reasons for the "?" are because I want the people to accept the nomination.

I'd love to be head of science or anything, I just don't have a whoopin clue about CIV, so it might be misleading. That being said, sure.

Time for a vote. It's a tough call on the one hand this game has been a mess from the beginning it seems and on the other DZ shouldn't have hit the keys he did. The fact that the cheat option was on in the first place seems really stupid to me but whatever I'm just another idiot. I would suggest whatever you feel is right.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=12452

I voted restart before consulting ... this game started wrong (one person's ego of destruction ... even seeing his name on stickied threads as the starter is offensive to me :mad: ) and even with a wordy manifesto, do we even have an official president yet ?!!

So restart and wipe the board ... use this experience as a learning curve ...

I must decline the offer ... I can't get cIV on my system yet ... so am here to have fun ... and hopefully if the reporting element gets sorted out ... will learn about the game ...

The cheat option was was left on as otherwise we couldn't use the autolog. I though autolog was going to be mandated, but now we don't appear to be using it! DS is producing something based on the hall of fame mod that will log with the chaet option off, but it will only work with NTFS file systems, anyone still on FAT32 will not even be able to load the game. I don't know yet whether it can be modded into the game or whether we would have to restart to use it though.

Nomination for DP. I would normally do this as I enjoy DPing, but I have problems with Civ 4 and had to go through a lot of hassle to get round the game insisting I did not have the DVD in the drive even when I did. I have an old GEForce 2 MX400 graphics card which suffers from the problem of being able to see Floodplains in the fog, so I have to be careful not to scroll into the fog which is easy enough to do just looking quickly at a city, but more difficult when playing. I try not to do it in my own games but still manage to. I also have difficulty running other applications while running Civ, although I can run Outlook and do a full virus scan (somthing that causes almost everything else to grind to a halt), I don't appear to be able to run mIRC or anything to create a logfile. Alt-tabbing isn't too bad though if I could run anything else. I would therefore be reduced to an off-line session which I do not think are a good thing. So I must decline.

DPs can hold another position.

Hey peeps! I've been so rational and all in the IIP, I hope I can join you guys to balance myself out with some beer... Can I huh? Can I can I can I...?

Is everyone trying to join up to get a piece of our voting bloc?

Since the moderators have already said (in another parties thread) that parties can't restrict membership I guess we have to accept everyone. That being said. I personally won't vote for people of another "political party". Nomad Bryce may be the only exception to that.

After all who in the real world is a member of multiple parties? There are none and those who have attempted it are shunned by both parties

We have to think this over. Of course we cannot exclude anyone and that's fine, but there is an obvious risk with including (and supporting) anyone that comes along and join. It's obvious that we are soon the biggest (and most powerful?) party in the demogame, and it would be easy for citizens that aspire for an office to just come in and say "hey I'm a member so vote for me". It is also impossible the immediately see the difference between them and those who are made of the true idiotic stuff (so don't take this personal Gloriana). What we could do is to treat members of other parties as lurkers as long as they have multiple party-membership. That would mean they are welcome to read and post (which we cannot deny anyone), but will not be responded to or voted for. If a new member of the party wants to take advantage of our votes he/she must (1) resign from other parties and (2) ,like the rest of us, explaing why a vote on him/her would be a good choise.
Unless we do something like this I see, like Tubs, the possibilty of our party to be hi-jacked by office chasers.

Gloriana said:
Hey peeps! I've been so rational and all in the IIP, I hope I can join you guys to balance myself out with some beer... Can I huh? Can I can I can I...?
Welcome Gloriana. You are in another party, yes? Please explain to us why you'd like to be in both parties. We are a pretty tight knit group and would never exclude anyone but we would prefer to help people that are dedicated to our cause.

Nomad Bryce said:
Well, it is in my style and oppinion to build cottages on flood plains since they already produce so much food the ridiculous commerce from towns that cottages turn into make it worth it in the long run. Grasslands I build cottages on, (All of this is subject to change in specific conditions) Plains I build farms on (For growth purposes) hills get mined and forests are allowed to remain if they are the grassland kind which provide 2 food and 1 hammer. Forests on plains I also usually leave for when a more concentrated hammer requirement is needed in a city build. Connecting cities with roads is always a priority. I would be willing to support ANYONES nomination for the minister of interior who favors a strong usage of cottages. If anyone would replace my self-nomination with those ideas, I will surrender my candidacy in favor of that citizen.
Nomad I really like the idea of cottages on flood plains as well.

However, I find chopping forests are extremely powerful early game tactic similar to how a 4 turn settler factory would be power in Civ3. What are your thoughts on this? Maybe some others can chime in on this. I know Akots is playing at a very high level and can give his view.

The problem with chopping too many forests is that if you leave some behind they'll spread to other tiles.

I don't mind the chop here and there, but I'd rather to save them until we need speed (ie: racing to a wonder or a surprise attack that we are not prepared for)

Top Bottom