The Next Great President of the United States

tuckerkao

King
There are only 3 U.S. Presidents who deserve to serve the 3rd term in the White House.

1. George Washington (1st President)
2. Abraham Lincoln (16th President)
3. Franklin Roosevelt (32rd President)

Perhaps, the 48th President will be the next Legendary Commander in Chief. We probably already recognize this specific future individual who's not that famous yet, it maybe a Republican or a Democrat, extremely slight chance - an Independent.

Make your guess from the current Senators, Governors, House Representatives or Celebrities.

Note: Donald Trump is the 45th.

There are only 3 U.S. Presidents who deserve to serve the 3rd term in the White House.

Yeah, I guess people who have been dead for centuries/decades are a lot better than what you've got now.

It's an interesting diplomatic tapdance our Prime Minister is having to do as Trump just tried to completely cut Mexico out of the NAFTA negotiations and make a deal with just Canada.

In fairness, the US has gotten exactly want it wanted from Mexico, re: NAFTA (slave labor); it hasn't gotten what it wanted from Canada (competitive foreign industry).

Perhaps, the 48th President will be the next Legendary Commander in Chief. We probably already recognize this specific future individual who's not that famous yet, it maybe a Republican or a Democrat, extremely slight chance - an Independent.

Make your guess from the current Senators, Governors, House Representatives or Celebrities.

Note: Donald Trump is the 45th.
1,16,32 is neither arithmetic nor geometric progression. If indexes are integer powers of two (2,4,8 skipped), the next possible one would be 64-th.

1,16,32 is neither arithmetic nor geometric progression. If indexes are integer powers of two (2,4,8 skipped), the next possible one would be 64-th.
And if the Political parties keep going the way they are then the 64th president will be Soup-Can Harry who will run on a campaign promise of not wearing a tie, or pants while in office.

Assuming the democrat who gets elected in 2020 serves 8 years that puts us at electing #48 in 2028 :mischief:

Wouldn't that only be 47?

And if the Political parties keep going the way they are then the 64th president will be Soup-Can Harry who will run on a campaign promise of not wearing a tie, or pants while in office.

Harry has my vote! He'll stick it to the fat cats in Washington, by getting crumbs on their carpets.

Harry has my vote! He'll stick it to the fat cats in Washington, by getting crumbs on their carpets.

This thread reminds of an old MAD TV skit.

It's dated and prescient at the same time.

1-16 --->15 presidents later
16-32 ---> 16 presidents later
32-49 --->17 presidents later

It will be #49 to fit the pattern.

Back to the OP, for every '16th' president to fit the pattern, change it from president to leader and then you can start with 0 being leader of great Britain at the time. (0, 16, 32, 48).

The thing is those guys look really great in retrospect but I’m sure a lot of people hated them at the time. For one thing Lincoln declared war on the south when they tried to succeed. Can you imagine if like California tried to succeed and trump declared war on them or Texas had when Obama was president? In today’s media age everything you do gets questioned like crazy. Lincoln had to do a ton of bullying in Congress to get slavery outlawed too. Washington didn’t address the issues of slavery in his time cus they didn’t want to divide the new nation. A lot of people criticism the new deal fdr gave us and say it sucked and started us on the path we’re on now with spending and debt. A lot of people still adore and cling to reaganomics. All I’m saying is whoever’s after trump could be Jesus himself and we probably wouldn’t realize it til years later. I mean even Jesus was crucified in his day.

Great presidents is very much of a hindsight thing - and often far hindsight. It may well be the next great president has already come and gone, but we yet lack the hindsight to recognize their importance, because they're too close to us, and we're too focused on the political controversies that still surrounds them.

The only one of the three great you noted who wasn't a massively controversial figure while in office was Washington (I suppose being the general who led the nation to freedom helps...though he was controversial enough as commander in chief). Lincoln, I mean, his becoming president *sparked a civil war*, you can't get much more controversial than that. Roosevelt, not quite that controversial but still lots of opposition during his time.

Believing in a great president feels for me like spending your money on a lottery, measuring your succes by the one time you have it all.

And we all know that the expectation value of a lottery is lower than your cost.

Why this messiah thinking ?

Assuming the democrat who gets elected in 2020

Certainly no given. Democrats aren't exactly taking advantage of the favorable political climate for them right now.

Gavin Newsom is going to be the next President of the US. He's going to crush Trump in a massive wave/change election. It's going to be awesome but we have to suffer through 3 more years of the current train wreck. Also, Trump will not accept the loss and will launch enough lawsuits to force a constitutional crisis over the election as he threatened to do last time. Hell, he won the last election and is still witch hunting with his election-fraud committee that is doing nothing but making up excuses to take more rights away from citizens.

So there's that to look forward to I guess.

I'm split on whether or not Trump gets impeached. Basically the only way it can happen is if the Democrats get a super majority in both houses in 2018 which is unlikely to happen. The Republicans will grumble about Trump but all the ones who *might* do something are retiring. The rest are cowards clinging to his coattails and are so enured with retaining power that they won't lift a finger even when the Mueller investigation publishes indisputable proof of Russian collusion. That's treason and I just can't see him doing anything worse than that to be honest so we're stuck with him.

George Washington's monument for the president! I always wondered what part of Washington's body it is depicting...

Top Bottom