The "not Romney" wave cycle

Absent a recession he will do worse than McCain.

What states do you think McCain won in 2008 that Romney would lose?

If the states break D vs R the way they did in 2008 except that Obama picks up Arizona(Romney isn't the senior senator from Arizona) and Romney picks up Nevada(Mormons) with the 2010 census delegate shift that makes it for Obama gaining 1 more delegate than he did in 2008. Feasible?

Bush Jr showed WAY better amongst hispanics, for example.
Bush also ran a state with a heavy latino population for years, and had fairly progressive (for a Republican anyway) records on education and immigration. Romney has neither.

Not too many Latino hedge fund managers.

If the states break D vs R the way they did in 2008 except that Obama picks up Arizona(Romney isn't the senior senator from Arizona) and Romney picks up Nevada(Mormons) with the 2010 census delegate shift that makes it for Obama gaining 1 more delegate than he did in 2008. Feasible?

Arizona has a lot more Mormons than Nevada, but Obama picking up Arizona wouldn't be impossible...just pretty unlikely.

Bush also ran a state with a heavy latino population for years, and had fairly progressive (for a Republican anyway) records on education and immigration. Romney has neither.
My point was the McCain had the worst showing amongst hispanics of republicans in the last several elections...

I'm still not sure the flat-earther vote will go for Romney once push comes to shove.

I'm still not sure the flat-earther vote will go for Romney once push comes to shove.
Let's pass notes to Romney's staff that this is an important demographic and we'll see him embracing this position next week :D

Arizona has a lot more Mormons than Nevada, but Obama picking up Arizona wouldn't be impossible...just pretty unlikely.

Maybe, but there is also a lot more people in Arizona in general. Wikipedia says Arizona is 5% Mormon, Nevada 11%. But I don't know. We'll find out when the election is over I was just putting forward a scenario in which Obama would receive more electoral votes.

I don't know if anyone remembers Santorum making up a load of bollocks about Euthenasia in the Netherlands, here's a reminder:

Link to video.

Well, after some time a spokesperson from Santorum's campaign finally appeared in front of a camera to respond to these ... well, lies and fearmongering bollocks.

http://www.buzzbox.com/news/2012-03-12/dutch:rick-santorum/?clusterId=9372025

Link to video.

I think the message she's trying to get across is that Rick is strong pro-life. :)

How is this guy anywhere near the candidacy for president of the US is beyond me. I'm not that partial to Romney, but .... dayum!

Top Bottom