1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by ZachScape, Apr 12, 2009.

1. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

That all depends on where in Oregon you live!

2. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

3. killerkebab

killerkebab Prince

Looks like a nice, interesting start from here. You can use Philadelphia as capital, save a settler and you started with a bonus boat :D

Plus, it looks like Buddhism is the main world religion, so you'll get some interesting outcomes imo

Hopefully Britain will declare on flip and you can have some fun ;)

4. Akbarthegreat

IIRC, you get 3 muskets, pikes and cannons for every Euro which declares war on you. So I'd rather prefer Britain and France declaring war on me, so that I get 18 free units which I can upgrade with my gold.:D

5. killerkebab

killerkebab Prince

I don't think you'll be able to afford to upgrade 6 muskets and 6 pikes to riflemen with 1500 gold. Also, the French won't declare war on you - they don't own any cities in your flipzone.

6. Akbarthegreat

They did last time, even though they didnt have any cities. Figured out them and the British were friendly.

7. thecaesar

thecaesar Will appear randomly

So out of curiosity, if britain and france and spain fall apart before they are able to colonize America, will other civs colonize? Or will they just stick to their stability zones and the US is all alone?

8. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

In one of my Spain games, i remember that i destroyed France, the Netherlands and England pretty early, so it was me in Spanish America (as historical as possible), but Germany was on the US East Coast, and the Vikings colonized the East of Canada.
    I'd love to see a Russian Alaska once.

9. Synapce

Synapce Warlord

Got another weird game...

I am playing as Egypt, and I was originally going for the UHV but failed cos I suck :lol:
    So I just decided to stay alive and see what happens.

Here is the mighty Sultanate of Egypt :D I did have Athens but lost it due to stability, then it was conquered by Portugal then Turkey.
    Spoiler :

A pretty impressive France (who are in fact winning with points). I think this was because when Rome collapsed they were very weak. Also notice the German city in Albania, another terrible city placement by the AI
    Spoiler :

The Russians are either vassal of Vikings of Germany (can't remember who). Vikings have Kiev, Germany has a bit of Scandinavia, and Moscow is not Russia's capital :confused:
    Spoiler :

Arabia in Africa, other than that normal.
    Spoiler :

Arabia are conquerors in southern America, with Inca as vassals. Spain and Portugal have colonised.
    Spoiler :

Arabia are conquerors in North America too :crazyeye:
    Spoiler :

Pretty normal here apart from New Amsterdam
    Spoiler :

This is on DoC so Mughals have torn apart India, but there is a very long border next to China.
    Spoiler :

No idea how Arabia's capital is here :crazyeye:
    Spoiler :

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Actually, Durazzo/Durres (by the way, I hate that name, it's not even German) is the best city you can build in the Western Balkans.

Also, am I the only one who just loves the Viking dynamic city names? Holmgard and Miklagard ... I've also never seen the Inca found Tihuanaco.

And I know how their capital ended up in Gwadar: they had it in Baghdad and it this was the largest city when the Ottomans took it.

11. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

Actually, Ragusa (that's the Byzantine name for it) is a really good city too, at least later in the game. Oil, copper, fish, and two aluminum. And if Durres isn't the name for it, why not change it to the real German. I agree, Viking names are awesome too. Miklagard, there's a good song by that name by a Finnish metal band.

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

There's no German name for that city. Durres is Albanian and is usually used in German for it, but I'd prefer Durazzo because that was the city's name for a much longer period of time.

13. DylanAraki

DylanAraki Warlord

So is the American missionary just whatever the world's dominant religion is, not just always Christianity?

14. Akbarthegreat

Thats right, so you may or may not get Christianity on a 3000BC start

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

What's so apart of this? It's very historical that the Dutch build new Amsterdam on the place where modern day New York is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Amsterdam

16. Akbarthegreat

Precisely, Willem founds Nieuw Amsterdam in almost all of my games

17. Sian

Sian Emperor

French capital in Bourdoux :D

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Those rectangular borders look so unnatural -- countries in Europe never looked like South Dakota :)

19. Synapce

Synapce Warlord

That's odd, I hardly ever see it in my games.

Yes, there are a lot of unusual capitals in this game...

20. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Yep. I see it in half of my games. Then the Americans spawn with Dutch Ships as well as the normal ones.