The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

also tried running a marathon America3000bc ... Spain was controling all of the middle east and shared russia with Germany, France had Italy and Greece, while Mongolia and Khmer had split up China (with Mongolia having thier palace in Beijing) Turkey was a disapora state controling Iran-Parkistan area, and Arabia owned most of north-central africa and India (Ethiopia owned a small strip down the east african coast and everything to the south of Congo Bassin)

Americas looked fairly historically acurate, except for Aztecs vassaling to Portugal and no French in Mississippi

Something funny has happened with the religious distribution in my currecnt game:

The year is 1390.

China: Confucian
Spain: no religion (atheist thocracy)
Russia: Jewish
France: no religion
Arabia: Jewish
India: Hindu
Carthage: Jewish
Holy Roman Empire: Christian (but was Muslim until a couple of turns ago)
Vikings: Jewish
Dutch: Jewish
English: Muslim
Turks: Jewish
Mongols: Jewish

Judaism is at 21%, with the next closes religion being Buddhism at 11%.

So how did this come about? Well, actually it was relatively straight-forward.

I started a game as the Greeks, with the intention of expanding into Eastern Europe, building lots of early wonders in the Russian flip zone, and then switching to Russian when they spawned. (Which more or less worked as planned, except the only wonders I managed to build for the Russians were the Great Wall in the Ukraine and the Moai Statues in Byzantium, plus a Great Prophet).

But in the process, I also conquered a big chunk of the Middle East (including Jerusalem), and had the idea of screwing over Saladin by building lots of really badly-placed cities in Arabia (i.e. one tile away from the coast and as close together as possible). I also spread Judaism to them, with the result that Saladin adopted Judaism the turn after he spawned and set about spreading it as best he could. It had also spread to all the other classical-era European and African states.

When the Russians spawned, I gifted them all my money (plus a 14 gold-per-turn allowance) and a open borders treaty just before switching civ. (For some reason, they didn't want any of my technologies or cities, even the ones in their flip zone). Helpfully, the Greeks then declared war on my a couple of turns after I switched, thereby making it easy for me to capture Stalingrad and Kazan (which I had built without realizing they weren't in the Russian flip zone).

While I was never intending to play a religious game, I ended up playing that way once I saw how things were going. I've just managed to convert the Mongols, have spread my religion to one of Asoka's cities, and have a squad of missionaries heading east to India and China.

Lake Michigan is the birthplace of American civilization. Literally.
Spoiler :

lol
Spoiler :

BTW, Do any of you guys know how many nukes it will take to turn the world into a desert, or at least be able to see the results? I launched 10 - 15 later in this game, and there was absolutely no result. (The first time I nuked in RFC)

also tried running a marathon America3000bc ... Spain was controling all of the middle east and shared russia with Germany, France had Italy and Greece, while Mongolia and Khmer had split up China (with Mongolia having thier palace in Beijing) Turkey was a disapora state controling Iran-Parkistan area, and Arabia owned most of north-central africa and India (Ethiopia owned a small strip down the east african coast and everything to the south of Congo Bassin)

Americas looked fairly historically acurate, except for Aztecs vassaling to Portugal and no French in Mississippi

Heh, double post...

Anyway, I was thinking that half the fun of starting as america is seeing how crazy the world looks. And the biggest OMG ever would be if it looked exactly like the world in 1776!!!! :lol:

Y'all are dumb. Everyone knows the best state is on the West Coast, up north of Oregon.

Canada is a state. Just not a state of the USA.

Alaska? Hawaii? Florida?

The only US states I would be able to identify on map without state boundaries are California, Mississippi, Michigan, Hawaii, New York, Texas, New Mexico and Alaska

don't forget Hawaii :p

Top Bottom