The PROM THREAD

rah

Deity
Supporter
Looking for humor today, so what better topic to strike up for some laughs at a site full of gaming geeks than the PROM.
I'm not talking about hearing about the sock hop or some weird SCA festival, the real deal, PROM.
If most of you are more like the geek I was back then, there probably isn't a lot to talk about because you probably were like me and didn't go.
So let's hear those tales of victory and defeat without any shame. Did you even try? What's your story? What was the theme? How much did you blow? (money of course)

My tale will be quick. I asked one girl senior year. She was so way out of my league any hope of success was pure fantasy.
Thank god we didn't do the grand gesture asks that are so common these days.
But to this day, I'll give that glorious beauty credit. She could have easily crushed me like a grape by laughing in my face, but she didn't.
With a endearing smile on her face she told me that I was too late and she had already accepted another invitation but thanked me anyway.
While I was crushed by the rejection, I still fondly remember her not being cruel about it.
So who did better, and don't be afraid to say you did worse.

what's a prom

I went to something I think kinda resembles it, but I'm not sure

Well I guess for those not in the US, silly me, PROM is the pinnacle social event in our HIGH SCHOOLs. At the end of the year it's the upper class FORMAL DANCE.
Black tie, limo's and after parties blah blah blah. If you were anybody, (which myself and probably most here were not) you attended dressed appropriately.

I was a bit troubled during school, I had couples of relationship but mostly with girls from different high school, while the girl from my high school just steer away from me, lol, I'm not a bad guy, but I'm just a kind of guy who cannot sit still in the class, smoking in the toilet and organizing other to run away from school, I got a bad rep from the ladies.

I went to prom with male friends, it was fun.

At least you went.

Well I guess for those not in the US, silly me, PROM is the pinnacle social event in our HIGH SCHOOLs. At the end of the year it's the upper class FORMAL DANCE.
Black tie, limo's and after parties blah blah blah. If you were anybody, (which myself and probably most here were not) you attended dressed appropriately.
well hm It was sort of a big deal but also sort of not? not sure
also IIRC it was more around like march or april

I don't regret going (also most people didn't bring like dates), but also I don't remember all that much (It was like 5 years ago, I guess)

yes but without girl, prom without girl is like you got cigarette but you don't have the lighter

April would qualify, and it's only not a big deal to those that didn't go. :lol: :lol:

yes but without girl, prom without girl is like you got cigarette but you forget to bring the lighter

More like a joint without a roach clip. Fun at the beginning but the end kind of sucks.

More like a joint without a roach clip. Fun at the beginning but the end kind of sucks.

Yes, it doesn't feel like prom, it just feel like a high school farewell to me, there is no romantic touch in it and nothing special to remember :blush:

I went to prom with one of the prettiest girls in my class, whom I'd had a crush on the whole school year then a few weeks later she broke my heart :(

I don't really like formal dressing and dancing so I didn't find prom very fun. The after prom party down at the Jersey Shore was fun though, we completely destroyed both of our beer pong tables before dawn on the first night. I smoked a joint on the beach at sunrise.

I had no doubt that certain member's adventures would be more cool than mine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went to prom with one of the prettiest girls in my class, whom I'd had a crush on the whole school year then a few weeks later she broke my heart :(

The bright side of the story was, you went orbital on her for few weeks, lol definitely something not nothing

Oh no, nothing actually ever happened between us, because I didn't work up the courage to put my feelings on the line until the summer (when she told me she didn't find me attractive). At that stage of my life I very much preferred happy daydreams to a possibly-disappointing reality.

Anyway as it transpired I later learned that she had intentionally led me on and I made a moderately-sized fool of myself in the process.

Anyway as it transpired I later learned that she had intentionally led me on and I made a moderately-sized fool of myself in the process.

You mean that way she want to make fun of you or something? just to gives you false hope and to hurts your feeling?

You mean that way she want to make fun of you or something? just to gives you false hope and to hurts your feeling?

I don't know, I never really got closure with her about it. I figured it out only in retrospect. Summer, few weeks after prom, my parents were gone and I was having a small party at my house, which she came to. I ended up walking her home from my house, leaving some trusted friends in charge. When we got to her house she goes to kiss me and I'm thinking OMG this is it we're gonna make out...and she gives me a little peck, says 'good night' and walks away, leaving me like
upload_2019-5-10_15-13-30.png

I got back, and a couple of her girlfriends ask me, suppressing giggles, if we had kissed. I was a bit drunk and didn't really get the implications at the time. It was, I think a week or two later, at a party at someone else's house, that I walked her home again and told her I 'liked' her and wanted to date her and she rebuffed me. After that it all clicked.

I didn't really resent her for it, I understood that my infatuation with her was my problem, not hers.

@Lexicus That's a pretty mess up signal, I feel you man, for me rejection is much better than getting hang, it's so hard to get over about it

edit: I feel that she was not sure about you, I experienced it once, like she want and doesn't want to let me go, and abused me along the way, lol

Hmm Multiple parties with woman involved. Certainly more interesting than my HS days. Thank god we all got a fresh start in College.

college was brightful for me, campus activism, book, and all those stuff, pretty much elevated me from the mud

Top Bottom