"Transgender N.J. man sues over firing from job requiring men only"

It's discrimination but it does seem odd that he's fighting to keep a job where he watches people pee.

How come no one recognizes that this person lied to the employer in the first place? Isnt being 'trans-gendered' when applying for a gender specific job something you should probably be up front with your employer about from the get-go? I would think so.

If he's a male in the eyes of the law, he should be able to do this job.

How many here would be ok with a trans-gendered person watching your junk as you pee in a cup? Honestly. :lol:

He's a man now, it's really no one's business what he used to be. I think most transgender people are attracted to people of the opposite sex, that is the sex they transferred into so the transman isn't going to be interested in the man's junk anyway.

How many here would be ok with a trans-gendered person watching your junk as you pee in a cup? Honestly. :lol:

Would you ask? :confused:

If he's legally a man, then he's a man. I can't see why this even got to court.

He's a man now, it's really no one's business what he used to be. I think most transgender people are attracted to people of the opposite sex, that is the sex they transferred into so the transman isn't going to be interested in the man's junk anyway.

I think I disagree with the point of 'its no one's business what he/she used to be'.

And the rest of your comment is simply assumption because there are absolutely exceptions to every rule.

How come no one recognizes that this person lied to the employer in the first place? Isnt being 'trans-gendered' when applying for a gender specific job something you should probably be up front with your employer about from the get-go? I would think so.
Exactamundo. I don't think employers appreciate being lied to by future employees. I know I wouldn't like it either. I wouldn't hire someone who lied to me, and that company doesn't like it either, so they didn't hire him. No problems that I can see.

I wouldn't care..what you got to hide?

Exactamundo. I don't think employers appreciate being lied to by future employees. I know I wouldn't like it either. I wouldn't hire someone who lied to me, and that company doesn't like it either, so they didn't hire him. No problems that I can see.

How did he lie?

I wouldn't care..what you got to hide?

Actually, i've probably had to pee in a cup for my employer more than anyone else in OT. Its a job requirement for me, and sometimes that 'random' monthly testing can result in your number coming up multiple months in a row. My current record is 4.

How did he lie?

Well, he/she is not biologically a man. Secondly, a lie of omission by not divulging his/her transgender issues.

How did he lie?
When his employer asked about his gender after he began work, Devoureau responded, "I am a man, and I can do the job.
He wasn't upfront about it. I know I wouldn't want an employee who would avoid telling me something rather important.

I'm guessing you can't pee in private in case you cheat?

Yep. It used to be fairly common for people to bring clean "samples" from other people. There are even devices that you can buy and wear under your clothes to make it easier to carry in a clean sample, and you "pee" in a cup using a plastic tube attached to a plastic containment bag. So this guy's job is to look at your package and make sure it's actually doing the peeing. Fun stuff eh? :crazyeye:

*raises hand* It's not like he's helping me pee, he's just standing in the same room. I don't have that body-shame that many seem to carry around, so having a medical professional - of any gender - look at my penis isn't exactly scary for me.
The better question is why wouldn't you be okay with a trans-gendered person watching your junk as you pee in a cup?

Was he a man when he applied for the job? At which point did he become a man?
In 2006, Devoureau completed the documents required to change his gender for Social Security and for his New Jersey driver's license. Georgia also amended his birth certificate, he said.

Without knowing exactly how the question was phrased, we can't accuse him of lying. If the question simply was, "Are you a man?" then he answered truthfully.

Questions asking him if he was formerly a female may be off-limits due to law, but I don't know.

He wasn't upfront about it. I know I wouldn't want an employee who would avoid telling me something rather important.

He's legally a man. The answer to "are you a man?" is "yes" when you consider yourself to be a man, and the law recognises you as a man.
When asked if he had surgery, he refused to answer (instead of lying).

He's legally a man. The answer to "are you a man?" is "yes" when you consider yourself to be a man, and the law recognises you as a man.
When asked if he had surgery, he refused to answer (instead of lying).
That person is not a biological man. I know I wouldn't want an employee who would omit issues like that.

Actually, to get this more on the borderline-problem that Elrohir was wondering about:

How many here would be okay with a trans-gendered person watching your junk as you pee in a cup, but would not be okay with it if it was a woman watching?

I think Elrohir is asking a quite interesting question. I will never be "hurt" by strangers looking at my junk, and I really doubt that peeing in a cup is an ideal situation to hit on a woman if she would happen to be attractive (in a job like this? - yeah, right!), so it really doesn't matter who looks, as long as they're professional about it.

Though I've never had people actually watching my junk while peeing. I have peed in a cup under time-pressure with a long line of other guys also having to pee in a cup behind me and to my sides, and a doctor watching that no-one "cheats" in an obvious way (wasn't something anybody would want to cheat on anyway). While that was uncomfortable, it didn't really bother me. I think the situation considered in this discussion would be equal in comfortness-level for me...

Top Bottom