Trump fires Comey

On the same day the Senate investigation asked Treasury for financials from the campaign and related personnel. I'm sure it's nothing.

It's a bold move to be firing people who are investigating you for Russian ties. Nixon did it, seemed to work out well for him.
Say what? According to the story, Trump was informed on three occasions that he was not being investigated.

Did I read correctly...Comey got fired for exaggerating the Clinton e-mail business...that exaggeration being what many people consider to be the key to Trump's victory?
Imagine that. Getting fired for not doing your job. :mischief:

This sounds more like Comey played it down too much in his first statement.

J

Last edited:
Say what? According to the story, Trump was informed on three occasions that he was not being investigated.

J

Read for yourself.

FBI Director James Comey opened Monday’s House Intelligence Committee hearing with a big reveal: The FBI is, in fact, investigating Russia’s interference with the 2016 presidential election, including links between the Trump campaign and Russian government and any coordination between the two.

You can also read this if you want.

Did I read correctly...Comey got fired for exaggerating the Clinton e-mail business...that exaggeration being what many people consider to be the key to Trump's victory?

Yes, you did. It seems quite hypocritical. But, I do think this is a valid criticism, and would be fair to factor into a decision to fire him.

It's depressing that when Trump acts professional, the act is also a hypocritical one.

Moderator Action: This isn't an RD thread, but posting a video in a discussion thread (with no accompanying text) does not help the thread along.

Fox News reported that the decision was made a week ago, and since then, a rationale has been worked on.

I'm sure Trump was shocked, shocked to find out that Comey was mean to "crooked Hilary Clinton.'

Fox News reported that the decision was made a week ago, and since then, a rationale has been worked on.

I'm sure Trump was shocked, shocked to find out that Comey was mean to "crooked Hilary Clinton.'
I think the fight behind the scene is much more complex then some personal animosities...

Infracted for PDMA.
That's because it isn't, but we do like to encourage discussion, rather than simply 'click my link'.
O.K.misread you there. Good job. But I am not a child and dont like to be bossed around...

Moderator Action: Even adults are subject to the rules, and this message constitutes as PDMA as well as the message you've deleted. Three point infraction. - Vincour
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

200 xp towards another level in Erdogan.

Dm should do something about this.

This sounds more like Comey played it down too much in his first statement.

J

That's because you are listening through your reality inverter. Comey said there were "hundreds" or "thousands" where there were maybe dozens. If you consider that "downplaying" you really need to have someone who likes you provide a simplified explanation.

I must be pretty out of it because for a couple seconds I sat there wondering what's so scandalous about the American president owning Russian ties.

The Russian tie cartel has an iron grip on our governments. :mad:

While I can't say I'm sad to see Comey go -his careless handling of the Clinton email investigation "re-opening" announcement and the increasingly horrifying politically motivated leaks coming from the New York office he seemed unable or unwilling to stop saw to that- he hasn't done anything objectively wrong. A quick google search indicates the last FBI director to be fired was by Clinton after he refused to step down following a Justice Department ethics inquiry that demonstrated he engaged in tax fraud.

Top Bottom