Trying to name my son

Alexander is too common. Give him a name to make him stand out from the crowd. There's already a dozen famous Alexanders.

Hey what about

I'd also consider how the name matches your surname. Personally I like alliteration and the same number of syllables in both names.

I know a kid named Ajax. Awesome name, and as a side effect he will always know the familiarity with Greek myth of everyone he meets.

There can only be one Dirk.
Spoiler :

Disagrees, and thinks a surname that is an adverb is also a good idea.

@OP- Are you going for a traditional theme or a more 'out there' name?

I want a name everyone can spell and pronounce, without the being two other boys in his class with the same name. Traditional, but not common. A hard combination to hit.

Nebuchadnezzar
seriously:
Jimmy Jacobs
John Jacobs
Jim Jacobs
Ernesto Che Jacobs
Kenny
Eric
Kyle
Stan

I want a name everyone can spell and pronounce, without the being two other boys in his class with the same name. Traditional, but not common. A hard combination to hit.
'Traditional' names aren't really as in as I'd hav expected. The top 10 baby boy names last year in Australia were Jack, William, Lachlan, Joshua, Riley, Thomas, Cooper, Oliver, James and Ethan. No Matthew or Michael or John or David or any other number of 'traditional' names. Granted, they could be numbers 11-14 on the list, but it'd seem unlucky to find a cluster.

Derek or Zachary :)mischief:) sound good? I live in Texas also, and those two names aren't terribly common.

I like "Tobias", which is easy to spell and rather rare these days.

How about David Andrew Jacobs?

Top Bottom