UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi with EUI)

Probably. I'm playing without extra mods right now in case it happens again. But I'm missing improved city view. :(
I just finished some fixes and testing for Github issues using 4-20-4 version. Played approx. 80 turns, with multiple reloads, all the time using ICV and my other usual UI mods. No problems whatsoever.

Post the save file, pls. Which version of VP are you using?
Lattest. Hotfix 4. Began the game with hotfix 3, but it was working. I'm using FlagPromotions too. Now I'm stuck. I can't even move units.

EDIT. Normally I wouldn't suspect ICV to be the cause, but it all started when I reloaded with this mod selected.

Attachments

• Babylon.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
@tu_79
Loaded, ordered some builds, did 2 unit promotions, some movements, etc. then went into the next turn. No problems.
All with ICV + other UI mods enabled.

Attachments

• Nebuchadnezzar II_0255 AD-1725.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 159
Is this compatible with the latest version, 4-24?

my modlist:
VP (default with EUI)
City Limits
Faster Aircraft animations
FlagPromotions
InfoAddict
UI- Filters in Trade Route Overview (VP)
UI - Improved City View (VP EUI)
UI - Religion Spread (VP)
UI - Show XP in Military Overview​

Doesn't work; no selectable options. I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

Is this only good for VP 4-20, not the latest (4-24)?

edit: Got it working after turning on "small interface" (Options > Video Options). Wasn't clear to me that that was required first!

Last edited:
quick performance question - is this more or less taxing than the standard EUI VP comes with?

i'm thinking doing away with all of the building icons in city view has to save some memory, but i'd be interested if anyone knows the effect for certain

Yeah, it works now. Yesterday it didn't budge. Don't know what happened, maybe cache has been cleared?
I was able to repeat the failure, but it wasn't related to ICV. Apparently it happens when I'm too long outside the game (here at the forum) and Windows tries to minimize program usage. I reduced pagefile to gain hard disk space, but it causes the game to freeze when I'm not playing in a while.

i just thought CTD may have been less likely due to loading less pictures. i started using it, one issue so far a personal one- does it need to be hardcoded to the trade UI that a city with Stone Works can send production internally? for example i took that feature off of the stoneworks, but with your UI its showing that hammers could be sent from city with only a stoneworks.

i just thought CTD may have been less likely due to loading less pictures. i started using it, one issue so far a personal one- does it need to be hardcoded to the trade UI that a city with Stone Works can send production internally? for example i took that feature off of the stoneworks, but with your UI its showing that hammers could be sent from city with only a stoneworks.
I am not sure what you are talking about. Trade UI in ICV?
If you mean Filters in Trade Overview, then I can assure you that there's nothing hardcoded in there nor related to Stone Works. Entire window operates on data from DLL and type of a TR is provided by DLL.

quick test, I put Stone Works in Madrid and it has nothing else

here UI show Madrid with a hammer, because it knows Madrid has a Stone Works. however, I am using

UPDATE Buildings
SET AllowsProductionTradeRoutes = '0'
WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_STONE_WORKS';

and thus, Madrid cannot send production.

@Deadstarre This is not part of City View, it's a separate window. Also, it is not part of Trade Overview. If you think there's something wrong with it, then open a github ticket for VP.

youre right again... but I could have sworn this was not happening before I turned your mod on. maybe it is another coincidence then, i will Github. sorry about that =)

Top Bottom