Unoffical Civ VI poll. Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see. Part II : Eastern Europe

[Please read the description before voting] Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in game ?

• Albania

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Armenia

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • the Byzantines

Votes: 80 67.8%
  • Croatia

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • the Czechs (or Bohemia)

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Hungary

Votes: 60 50.8%
  • the Huns

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • the Illyrians

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Lithuania

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Prussia (or the Teutonic knights)

• Romania (or Wallachia)

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Serbia

• the Thracians

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Ukraine (or Ruthenians, or Kievan Rus)

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Liufeng

A man of his time
Hello everyone, and welcome to the new poll focused on Eastern Europe, which will englobe (arbitrarily) the eastern side of Europe, to Russia, the western side of the Bosphorus (Ottomans will come in another poll), but also the Caucasus). Don't forget to read the PDF which will give some indications on the contestants, and please comment your choices : others may be influenced by your arguments and your explanations !
But more importantly, please enjoy, and see you on next week for a new poll !

Attachments

• Eastern Europe.pdf
    84.5 KB · Views: 346
We were discussing in depth the idea for the Romani nation as a potential civ, and what that would even look like, in this thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/romani-civilization-feasible-controversial.628139/
We ended up agreeing that a more Eastern European angle, with the Roma tribe specifically being focused on, might be the easiest way to go about doing this (it is the largest tribe). I actually really like where we ended up in that thread, and it was encouraging to see it being discussed without the prescience of Romaphobia, which seems to always appear in online discussion about Romani people.
Anyway, that would be my "other" vote.

Armenia, Bulgaria, Ruthenia were my votes. I'd love a Prussian civ too but it's superfluous if Germany already exists and I'm sure we'll get the Byzzies soon enough :)

I voted: Armenia, Bulgaria, and Hungary. Lots of good choices, but a couple who (like Byzantium is by Rome) really are already represented already in game by the Empire that their people would see themselves as belonging to.

Voted:
Byzantines
Hungary
Romania (really just for Vlad Tepes as a leader :mischief:)
(Armenia would have made it if not for already having Georgia.)

A game that chooses leaders based on big personalities must have Vlad Tepes, Wallachia would make for a great addition. Other than that I voted for Hungary and Serbia.

I voted for Romania but not with Vlad the Impaler as its leader. Stepehen the Great would be a far better choice with more worty accomplishments and suitably lengthy reign(47 years 1457-1504). 100 years ago Romania achieved its goal to unite all Romanian teritories under one flag and country. It would be received very well by all forms of media if they would decide to „induct” Romania into the Hall of Civilizations this year. As for my other votes they went to Bulgaria and Serbia out of neighbourly kindness.

I'm going to wait a day or two to vote, because I'm trying to decide if I'd rather have the Byzantine Empire in the game as it's own civilization, or just represented by a second leader of Rome (most likely either Justinian I or Basil I). It did technically become a different empire with its own customs, technology, etc, but it also kept a lot of Roman customs.

I don't think we really need another six European civs, so I'll content myself with one from each poll :p.

For me, it's got to be the Byzantines. I understand people arguing that they could be represented by Rome, but with the way Rome is implemented in Civ VI, there's no way of doing them justice with a different leader.

I chose this:
Byzantium: Great empire and successor of Rome that managed to survive for about 1000 years. I'd love to see them - at least to wreck the Ottoman Empire if it gets added, too. It also offers several good leader choices.
Czechs/Bohemia: Look at my signature :p I've mentioned several times here on CivFanatics that I'm a Czech. This Civ has interesting history and several good leaders, too.
Hungary: Another interesting country. It is also quite unique and different, and it could make a great choice.

Honorable mentions: Balkan countries that aren't Greece/Macedon.

So, i thought about it, and while the Byzantine Empire is really the Eastern Roman Empire and all of that good stuff that I mentioned before, I think the best argument for a separate Eastern and Western Roman Empire is that they've already split apart Greece and Macedon in this game, and there's a possibility that they'll split apart ancient Rome and Renaissance Italy again, like they did in the last game.

I'm also voting Romania, because of the big personality of Vlad III, and I don't really have a preference for a third one.

I voted for Byzantines and Hungary, which are both major and somewhat unique civilizations and cultures. Byzantines was in IV and V and should return (maybe with a later leader than the 6th century this time). Hungary, as a late-founded non-Indo-European-speaking country of Central Europe is an outlier and one that would play an important role during the later Middle Ages and then in modern history as the other half of the Austrian Empire. My vote for Other was intended for Transylvania, which is a fascinating multi-ethnic region with a short-lived but colorful history during its independent period in the late Middle Ages, as well as a colorful and romanticized history later when it was part of other European nations. If Georgia can be in the game, I think Transylvania, which has strong parallels, would also be a good inclusion.

Some I didn't vote for but thought deserved honorable mention: Armenia and Thrace.

So many good choices once again. Decided to vote for the Byzantines, Hungary, and Romania. Gotta give a shout out to Bulgaria and Lithuania for being other choices that I'd like to see.

Armenia, Byzantium, Hungary for me. TBH I think we should have had Lithuania instead of Poland this time around; they still could have gone with Jadwiga by a technicality. :p

Top Bottom