Unoffical Civ VI poll. Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see. Part II : Eastern Europe

[Please read the description before voting] Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in game ?

• Albania

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Armenia

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • the Byzantines

Votes: 80 67.8%
  • Croatia

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • the Czechs (or Bohemia)

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Hungary

Votes: 60 50.8%
  • the Huns

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • the Illyrians

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Lithuania

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Prussia (or the Teutonic knights)

• Romania (or Wallachia)

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Serbia

• the Thracians

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Ukraine (or Ruthenians, or Kievan Rus)

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Leader ideas for Eastern Europe
Skanderbeg of Albania
Tigranes II of Armenia
Simeon I of Bulgaria
Theodora of Byzantium
Tomislav I of Croatia
Václav II of Czechia/Bohemia
Matthias Corvinus of Hungary
Atilla of the Huns
Teuta of the Illyrians
Vytautas of Lithuania
Frederick I of Prussia/Teutonic Knights
Vlad III of Romania/Wallachia
Stefan Dusan of Serbia
Sitalces of the Thracians
Yaroslav of Ukraine/Ruthenians/Kievan Rus

Voted:
Hungary
Byzantium
Romania

Bulgaria and Ukraine are also possible contendors. Bohemia and Lithuania would be fine too. But my priority is on adding Hungary & Byzantium.

Byzantines, Hungary and Bulgaria are the top contenders here. Not knowing too much about Hungarian history (despite voting for them), why are they pretty popular?

Byzantines, Hungary and Bulgaria are the top contenders here. Not knowing too much about Hungarian history (despite voting for them), why are they pretty popular?
I can't speak for anyone else, but they appeal to me because A) they were a major medieval power and B) they're the only Uralic speakers who have much likelihood of inclusion (sorry, Finland), which also makes them the only probable non-Indo-European civ from Europe (sorry, Basques, Etruscans, Minoans, etc.).

I can't speak for anyone else, but they appeal to me because A) they were a major medieval power and B) they're the only Uralic speakers who have much likelihood of inclusion (sorry, Finland), which also makes them the only probable non-Indo-European civ from Europe (sorry, Basques, Etruscans, Minoans, etc.).

At my graduate school, a woman gave a presentation about Hungarian in my Discourse Analysis class. Unfortunately, my sleep apnea resulted in me falling asleep for most of the lecture. :p
Who is your personal pick for a Hungarian Civ leader?

At my graduate school, a woman gave a presentation about Hungarian in my Discourse Analysis class. Unfortunately, my sleep apnea resulted in me falling asleep for most of the lecture. :p
Who is your personal pick for a Hungarian Civ leader?
Liufeng's suggestions are the probable ones, but I really like the idea of Coloman the Learned. Like a number of leaders already in Civ6, I understand he had a poor popular image in Hungary for some time but is now regarded as one of Hungary's better kings by historians. Plus I think it would be fun to have an intellectual, bookish leader who is totally peering over his metaphorical glasses at you. :p

Liufeng's suggestions are the probable ones, but I really like the idea of Coloman the Learned. Like a number of leaders already in Civ6, I understand he had a poor popular image in Hungary for some time but is now regarded as one of Hungary's better kings by historians. Plus I think it would be fun to have an intellectual, bookish leader who is totally peering over his metaphorical glasses at you. :p
If you wish to have a learned leader, you can also have Charles IV for Bohemia. He was very educated, he knew how to read, write, and he knew how to speak Czech, Latin, German, Italian and French. He supported education, founded the oldest university in Central Europe (Charles University) and even wrote some books, for example Vita Caroli (The Life of Charles), which is his autobiography. He was also writing letters with Petrarch.

Yes but the Black Army screams LUA.

If you wish to have a learned leader, you can also have Charles IV for Bohemia. He was very educated, he knew how to read, write, and he knew how to speak Czech, Latin, German, Italian and French. He supported education, founded the oldest university in Central Europe (Charles University) and even wrote some books, for example Vita Caroli (The Life of Charles), which is his autobiography. He was also writing letters with Petrarch.

So will he speak all those languages in the diplo screen? :p

So will he speak all those languages in the diplo screen? :p
I'd love it if a few more leaders showed of their polyglot statuses (which I guess is just CdM right now?). Cleopatra could lapse into Greek when angry. Cyrus could code switch among Aramaic, Akkadian, and Persian. If we got Nebuchadnezzar, he could just speak in tongues. :crazyeye:

Gandhi also switches between English and Hindi.
Right. "There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from using a weapon." :lol: Though technically he should be speaking Gujarati, not Hindi... :(

Well, Pedro II was also able to speak a lot of languages, yet he's speaking Brazilian Portuguese in both games :p

However, If Charles IV appeared, I think Old Czech would be a safe choice for him.

How well attested is Old Czech? :p I think they will just use Modern Czech language. I don't think the Polish spoken in the games (by Casimir or Jadwiga) is historically accurate to the leader's time period, but I could be wrong.

How well attested is Old Czech? :p I think they will just use Modern Czech language. I don't think the Polish spoken in the games (by Casimir or Jadwiga) is historically accurate to the leader's time period, but I could be wrong.
There are several books written in Old Czech, it uses latin alphabet and it's similar to modern Czech :p However, since it's not used, finding someone who would speak Old Czech might be a problem, so modern Czech would be enough for me. Although Polish language is somewhat similar to Czech and I understand some things said by Casimir and Jadwiga, I'm not sure what version of Polish are they speaking.

Right. "There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from using a weapon." :lol: Though technically he should be speaking Gujarati, not Hindi... :(
Also, "My attempts to avoid violence have failed. An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind."

Top Bottom