US Capitol Breached

Status
Not open for further replies.
So use cuz. No potential for confusion then.
As Sarin said cause is a word with a different meaning.
"cuz" is also slang for "cousin" or "friend"... its used kind of like saying "buddy"... and it actually works better that way in @Kyriakos' post.

"cuz" is also slang for "cousin" or "friend"... its used kind of like saying "buddy"... and it actually works better that way in @Kyriakos' post.
Well, cuz, the cause of the confusion is cuz our cuz @Kyriakos used "cause" when he clearly meant "because" even though he could have said " 'cause " because "cause" and " 'cause " are clearly not the same, and cuz he doubled down on avoiding apostrophes in a most ungreekly fashion we have this resulting cuztastrophe. I hope everything is clear now for everyone and we can move on.

Well, cuz, the cause of the confusion is cuz our cuz @Kyriakos used "cause" when he clearly meant "because" even though he could have said " 'cause " because "cause" and " 'cause " are clearly not the same, and cuz he doubled down on avoiding apostrophes in a most ungreekly fashion we have this resulting cuztastrophe. I hope everything is clear now for everyone and we can move on.
The "g" in "un-Greekly" should be capitalized and separated from the "un" with a hyphen.

Also... I'm not your cuz, buddy ;)

It would seem there are those on the right here who are trying to draw equivalencies to expose hypocrisy, with varying degrees of coherence. It would seem there are those here on the left trying to disparage such equivalencies and deny hypocrisy, again with varying degrees of coherence.

The recent protests from both sides should indeed be held to the same standards. Torching a police station is wrong. Trying to hang the VP is wrong. We all understand the rules, the social contract. And big boys have to stand on the naughty step for a really long time.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal... that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.*

This is above the title billing. Mission statement, line one word one. A chap might fairly believe that created equal, and life and liberty were foundational values of the people who wrote those words. A couple of million chaps have gone to war to defend those words, and cheers fellas, we appreciate it.

It would seem some people do not believe the republic is living up to its ideals, and have gotten all kinds of arsey. I can kind of see they have a point.

Now, what exactly is the justification on the other side? After three recounts and 60 court judgement what are they trying to defend? They are entitled to have the result examined, but after the 63rd time its happened, it's done.

In a nutshell, one side is fighting for the values of the republic, one side is fighting against the values of the republic.

* Please note that by saying something nice about the declaration of independence I've officially be thrown out of the British Union of British People (BUoBP) and am no longer permitted to drink tea or wear a monical. I'm ok with that. Talks are ongoing about drinking real ale, it could take a while but there's plenty of time till the pubs open again.

This is a casual setting! There are no rules!
Please check page 62 of Sommerswerd's house rules for forumin'. The abridged version, I should clarify.

Please check page 62 of Sommerswerd's house rules for forumin'. The abridged version, I should clarify.
You may want to check again. Last I checked, this is Thunderfall’s house (along with his council of Admins).

Go to Tome II, page 194 of the unabridged version for that.

I have mixed feelings about Parler being outed and possibly cost the company it’s existence.

Allowing them to exist has this advantage: when people make terrorist threats on the platform, three letter government agencies have the opportunity to identify them, hunt them down, and try them to the fullest extent of the law accordingly.

If they have no way to post these threats online, it becomes harder to find and prosecute these people.

I have mixed feelings about Parler being outed and possibly cost the company it’s existence.

Allowing them to exist has this advantage: when people make terrorist threats on the platform, three letter government agencies have the opportunity to identify them, hunt them down, and try them to the fullest extent of the law accordingly.

If they have no way to post these threats online, it becomes harder to find and prosecute these people.

Tricky part is they're already using it to do crimes. AWS are very very limited in what they kick off their platform - it's pretty much just the repeated commissioning of crimes that gets you kicked from AWS, and even then it isn't that common for them to do it.

These companies don't want to be party to the organisation of violent attacks, and I would suggest it's a bit tricky to ask such private companies to continue to take that risk on in order to help law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

Edit: I would also suggest given the long and often successful experience of antifa action to distrupt and expose their meetings and communications, that disrupting the communications those organising fascist violence is itself useful. Reduces their scope, reduces access to new recruits, makes it harder for them to trust each other. Whatever services they get pushed to, they have to re-establish themselves and re-organise and worry about infiltration and security and whatnot.

Last edited:
fudge that. Deplatforming works. It's one of the solutions against the threat of stochastic terrorism like these.

Amazon and all other private companies and are in no way shape or form obligated to provide their service to everyone.

I just think allowing them to exist is advantageous when they voluntarily share so much information about themselves while conducting in illegal activity and/or making threats (also illegal obviously). In the event at the capital, many of them identified their names (even surnames) and where they lived, on camera, knowingly. It is unbelievable how dumb they are. In the words of Napolean Bonaparte, "never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake." give them a platform to continue to make illegal terrorist threats/plan it while they continue to identify themselves, making it more than easy for the feds to swoop them in. If they were much more clever maybe not, but from a practical point of view it seems I'm right because of what they've demonstrated.

The problem is that catching violent people from social platforms doesn't really work. There is always a low-boil of 'tough talk' and even prosecuting there is nearly impossible. And then the extra problem of a runaway incitement which will boil over well-before there's even a chance to respond at all.

That said, trying to limit free speech due to the damage of free speech is going to be a can of worms for any liberal.

If nothing else, if a violent act is committed investigators already have suspected to go off of based on that.

Anyway, I understand some of you absolutely hate Republicans, and that's fine, but we need all the allies we can in this including but not limited to some Republicans. The harsh truth is we aren't winning this without some of their help. Please don't be self-righteous and turn down everyone who is standing up to Trump just because you disagree with them about other things.

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240?s=20

This is a false dichotomy.

However, what I do find interesting is what you said on page #1 of this discussion:

So I guess my question is does the same standard that you applied to my post also apply to yours? Can I just as easily dismiss what you said as a "weak attempt"?

Voter fraud happened, but nowhere near to the extent Donald Trump claims and it would have happened on both sides, but not to the levels that would have made any difference to the outcome of the election.
K you are nuts. Stop drinking cool-aid juice. There was no voter fraud.
Take off your tin-foiled hat. Earth isn't flat. There is no deep-state.

I mean sure, we might need Republican defections to find Trump guilty in the upcoming senate trial, but what does that have to do with Parler?

Even half of the Republican party base thinks these guys are nuts.

I mean sure, we might need Republican defections to find Trump guilty in the upcoming senate trial, but what does that have to do with Parler?

Even half of the Republican party base thinks these guys are nuts.
I don't think that many of their supporters think this is wrong. I consulted the Facebook barometer of extended relatives and the consensus is that Trump is the aggrieved party in all of what ad happened in the last week.

And now they're complaining of censorship on top of a rigged election and a totally justified coup that was good and also not Trump'a fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom