1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@DH,
    That's been happening now for at least 3 weeks. No one seems to be interested in finding out why.

JosEPh

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Thanks, it could be a big problem. I had not updated my base game for a while. I am not getting the PythonErr.log but don't know if the two are related.

3. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Thanks for that, but I was more interested in a fix than apportioning blame. :D Is there a fix in the works?

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have asked for help but none is forth coming yet. I can put it back the way it was, which gets rid of the scroll bar but the headings are all in the wrong place. If that is better. To be honest I don't know if it displays all the columns now in the lower section or not. If it does then I would need to do something about the abriviations for the headings to get them to fit. If it doesn't then I need to apply the fix I did to the headings to the lower section also and figure ut how to scroll both sections at the same time.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... interesting. I haven't done anything with that segment of coding but if I can find where votes are being tallied I have a suspicion as to what type of coding error may be causing that. I had to overcome a similar problem this weekend from a simple typo omission. Can anyone clarify if the vote tally code is taking place in the dll or python?

I suppose that could be confusing to some players but its not a 'break' per se. I think python handles that screen display and establishes the expected numeric range so the fix would have to be there. I'm not personally very competent in python yet, especially where it comes to UI stuff.

Looks like there might be a duplicate python file with the same coding attempting to run simultaneously somewhere?

I don't recall seeing this bug reported but I probably wasn't watching the bug thread as closely then. Haven't seen the problem on any of my own game startups in recent testing runs though. Regardless... its a rather confusing python issue so even if I personally knew about it I wouldn't have known what to do about it. The ability to care and the skill to resolve are two separate things - normally AIAndy or DH would be able to resolve those but both have been modding less recently.

It might. Some seem to have had some success with that. As to where or how to do it... ???

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Did I just break the C2C Concepts with my latest update? I am fairly sure it was working before but it isn't now.

7. imtheman

imtheman Chieftain

should be noted that the the massive negative votes number for the vienna congress only comes up on that screen, when the vote actually takes place it uses normal numbers

i've forgotten to report the button for solar panels is some huge weird pic

8. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

If you could just get the columns to scroll, I'm happy to figure out for myself what categories/headings should apply to them.

9. Aevum

Aevum Warlord

I didn't want to go thru 30 pages to see if these are listed but: V27 Downloaded
    EDIT: Thanks stormwind, had to reinstall and i know a bunch of my options are mseed up :D
    When hovering over a bear (forgot which one) When it shows the build options like, Build Bear cage, it has listed, Can build Bancing Bear

On another note.. I'm back lol. Moved and got a new job, DLd and started a new game last night. Need some artwork? PM me a list and i'll see what i can do.

10. Stormwind

Stormwind King

You have to activate Unit Animations in the Civ4 graphic options.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There were 5 Bancing Bears - I have always had trouble with "b" and "d" not so much "B" and "D" tough:lol:

12. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Welcome back.:goodjob:

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@ls612

I get an error from the CIV4UnitInfos.xml that says you misspelled Damage as ... <iCollateralDama1ge>0</iCollateralDamage>.

14. MoogleEmpMog

MoogleEmpMog Chieftain

Whoops, came to post this. ;)

The full error, anyway:

15. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Doh, sorry about that. I'll fix it now.

16. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

That is probably because of Koshling's fix to viewports in new games as it requires an early BUG start to get to the viewport settings before map generation.

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

He is taking notes of stuff going wrong, but at the moment wont be getting to stuff for awhile, his RL has been kicking in and in do almost double times there, so does leave much for except posting a few line here and there for NOW but thats about it for a while at least, so sorry everyone:blush:, and its NOT the other project either, he's just swamped with RL.

18. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

It is similar for me at the moment as I am searching for a new job while still being swamped in work in my old job.
    So I fear my modding time will remain close to zero for weeks to come.

19. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thx for letting us know, we really appreciate the notice.;)

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That sounds rough. I hope you manage to land something you really want there.

I've been working a LOT more than usual too this week... must be something in the kool-aid. But I'm not looking at having to change positions soon so I can still make some progress here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.