v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting the following error on starting a game. Any ideas?

@DH,
That's been happening now for at least 3 weeks. No one seems to be interested in finding out why.

JosEPh

@DH,
That's been happening now for at least 3 weeks. No one seems to be interested in finding out why.

JosEPh

Thanks, it could be a big problem. I had not updated my base game for a while. I am not getting the PythonErr.log but don't know if the two are related.

My fault. I fixed it so the headings would be above the correct columns. That caused the scroll bar to appear. It was only designed to move the headings.:crazyeye:

Thanks for that, but I was more interested in a fix than apportioning blame. :D Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks for that, but I was more interested in a fix than apportioning blame. :D Is there a fix in the works?

I have asked for help but none is forth coming yet. I can put it back the way it was, which gets rid of the scroll bar but the headings are all in the wrong place. If that is better. To be honest I don't know if it displays all the columns now in the lower section or not. If it does then I would need to do something about the abriviations for the headings to get them to fit. If it doesn't then I need to apply the fix I did to the headings to the lower section also and figure ut how to scroll both sections at the same time.

Something is broken with the Vienna Congress (see screenshot).

View attachment 337603
hmm... interesting. I haven't done anything with that segment of coding but if I can find where votes are being tallied I have a suspicion as to what type of coding error may be causing that. I had to overcome a similar problem this weekend from a simple typo omission. Can anyone clarify if the vote tally code is taking place in the dll or python?

Culture overflows regularly in high Culture games.

View attachment 337604
I suppose that could be confusing to some players but its not a 'break' per se. I think python handles that screen display and establishes the expected numeric range so the fix would have to be there. I'm not personally very competent in python yet, especially where it comes to UI stuff.

I am getting the following error on starting a game. Any ideas?
Looks like there might be a duplicate python file with the same coding attempting to run simultaneously somewhere?

@DH,

JosEPh
I don't recall seeing this bug reported but I probably wasn't watching the bug thread as closely then. Haven't seen the problem on any of my own game startups in recent testing runs though. Regardless... its a rather confusing python issue so even if I personally knew about it I wouldn't have known what to do about it. The ability to care and the skill to resolve are two separate things - normally AIAndy or DH would be able to resolve those but both have been modding less recently.

Too bad because the game is great it is sompletley new civilization. As historian and archaeologist i expecially love prehistoric part of the game.
Well i'm able to play the game 20 turns each time before i get MAF message but the problem i was reporting dosn't generate any message. Nevere mind i'll just avoid building certain wonders or buildings.

Thanks for the great mod, i'll just have to buy a new comp.

P.S. would upgrading my windows to 64 bit help and can anyone please post a link to MAF postponing or resolving thread or site
It might. Some seem to have had some success with that. As to where or how to do it... ???

should be noted that the the massive negative votes number for the vienna congress only comes up on that screen, when the vote actually takes place it uses normal numbers

i've forgotten to report the button for solar panels is some huge weird pic

I have asked for help but none is forth coming yet. I can put it back the way it was, which gets rid of the scroll bar but the headings are all in the wrong place. If that is better. To be honest I don't know if it displays all the columns now in the lower section or not. If it does then I would need to do something about the abriviations for the headings to get them to fit. If it doesn't then I need to apply the fix I did to the headings to the lower section also and figure ut how to scroll both sections at the same time.

If you could just get the columns to scroll, I'm happy to figure out for myself what categories/headings should apply to them.

I didn't want to go thru 30 pages to see if these are listed but: V27 Downloaded
EDIT: Thanks stormwind, had to reinstall and i know a bunch of my options are mseed up :D
When hovering over a bear (forgot which one) When it shows the build options like, Build Bear cage, it has listed, Can build Bancing Bear

On another note.. I'm back lol. Moved and got a new job, DLd and started a new game last night. Need some artwork? PM me a list and i'll see what i can do.

I didn't want to go thru 30 pages to see if these are listed but: V27 Downloaded
Camels show up as Knights
Crocidiles show up as knights, while large crocs having huge knight models
When hovering over a bear (forgot which one) When it shows the build options like, Build Bear cage, it has listed, Can build Bancing Bear

On another note.. I'm back lol. Moved and got a new job, DLd and started a new game last night. Need some artwork? PM me a list and i'll see what i can do.

You have to activate Unit Animations in the Civ4 graphic options.

There were 5 Bancing Bears - I have always had trouble with "b" and "d" not so much "B" and "D" tough:lol:

EDIT: Thanks stormwind, had to reinstall and i know a bunch of my options are mseed up :D

Welcome back.:goodjob:

@ls612

I get an error from the CIV4UnitInfos.xml that says you misspelled Damage as ... <iCollateralDama1ge>0</iCollateralDamage>.

Whoops, came to post this. ;)

The full error, anyway:

Failed Loading XML file xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133]
Error parsing XML File -
File: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml
Reason: The element 'iCollateralDama1ge' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema.

Line: 73277, 24
Source: <iCollateralDama1ge>0</iCollateralDama1ge>

That is probably because of Koshling's fix to viewports in new games as it requires an early BUG start to get to the viewport settings before map generation.

He is taking notes of stuff going wrong, but at the moment wont be getting to stuff for awhile, his RL has been kicking in and in do almost double times there, so does leave much for except posting a few line here and there for NOW but thats about it for a while at least, so sorry everyone:blush:, and its NOT the other project either, he's just swamped with RL.

He is taking notes of stuff going wrong, but at the moment wont be getting to stuff for awhile, his RL has been kicking in and in do almost double times there, so does leave much for except posting a few line here and there for NOW but thats about it for a while at least, so sorry everyone:blush:, and its NOT the other project either, he's just swamped with RL.
It is similar for me at the moment as I am searching for a new job while still being swamped in work in my old job.
So I fear my modding time will remain close to zero for weeks to come.

It is similar for me at the moment as I am searching for a new job while still being swamped in work in my old job.

Thx for letting us know, we really appreciate the notice.;)

That sounds rough. I hope you manage to land something you really want there.

I've been working a LOT more than usual too this week... must be something in the kool-aid. But I'm not looking at having to change positions soon so I can still make some progress here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom