1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

1) Sometimes, when I press the "display ressources" button above the worldmap, it only shows a hand full of ressources. For examples, it should almonds but no bananas...

2) There are some strange things with promotions. For example, the sniper can get the "commando" promotion, even if its default sniper promotion has the same "enemy roads effect". Also, why can Trieremes get the "sniper" promotion?

3) If you build the petting zoo, you hear elephants and lions. That's an akward sound, I wouldn't let my children go in this petting zoo :D

4) You can build Dieselpunk WOnder even if you don't have the Dieselpunk Tech. I think it's enough if you have Steampunk Tech.

5) Could you please look over the Modern Era buildings? There are some strange ressources requirements, as I posted in the excisting building discussion. Also, there are some hidden prereqs. Like the Aerospacial national agency needs Computer as ressource.

2. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

For some unknown reason it seems that the resource display is occasionally picking one of the types to display instead of showing them all. You can switch it back by zooming out to the globe view (either just zoom out regularly until you get there, or use the globe button by the mini-map) and clicking the resource button there, if it isn't already showing them, and then pick the "Everything" off the list. You may also be able to fix it without doing that by using the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-R) twice, turning the resource display off then back on again, instead of the using the button to toggle the resource display.

Perhaps they are baby elephants and baby lions.

I recently noticed this too. It is at the Steampunk tech.

3. Aotrs Commander

Aotrs Commander Chieftain

Found a possible bug/glitch/copy-paste error in the GameSpeedInfo XML... maybe?

I am new to the module (downloaded v27 a couple of days ago), and, as is sometimes my wont, I was skimming though the XML files, and I happened to notice this:

Spoiler :
    <Type>GAMESPEED_EPIC</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_EPIC</Description>
    <Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_EPIC_HELP</Help>
    <iGrowthPercent>250</iGrowthPercent>
    <iTrainPercent>125</iTrainPercent>
    <iConstructPercent>150</iConstructPercent>
    <iCreatePercent>250</iCreatePercent>
    <iResearchPercent>350</iResearchPercent>
    <iBuildPercent>200</iBuildPercent>
    <iImprovementPercent>200</iImprovementPercent>
    <iGreatPeoplePercent>200</iGreatPeoplePercent>

<Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type>
    <Description>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Description>
    <Help>TXT_KEY_GAMESPEED_MARATHON_HELP</Help>
    <iGrowthPercent>300</iGrowthPercent>
    <iTrainPercent>200</iTrainPercent>
    <iConstructPercent>250</iConstructPercent>
    <iCreatePercent>300</iCreatePercent>
    <iResearchPercent>200</iResearchPercent>
    <iBuildPercent>250</iBuildPercent>
    <iImprovementPercent>300</iImprovementPercent>
    <iGreatPeoplePercent>300</iGreatPeoplePercent>

Should those not be the other way around? It didn't look consistent with the other settings on those difficulty levels (nor the other diffilculties either, as the iresearch is larger on all the other slower settings.)

Now forgive me if there's some complex, arcane reason for the difference, but it looked like a copy-paste error to my uninformed eyes, so I thought I ought to mention it, in case it was!

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thx ls612's area, so what say you ls612??

5. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Bah! How did I miss that. :crazyeye: That would explain why no one's been happy with Epic or Marathon though in a while. I'll go and fix that. :hammer2:

Edit: Hm, on the SVN it says that the research is 500 for Marathon, not 200, and the logs show it's been that way since I redid gamespeeds. Odd.

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I believe after looking at it more closely that he meant the Original Version 27 not the SVN version.??

7. Aotrs Commander

Uh, yeah. I have the version that you download from the provided links from moddb.

I'm... not even entirely sure what the SVN is (I assume it's some sort of semi-live autopatchy-update-y thing, a bit like the nightly builds on OpenTTD), but yes, the (current) base v27 from moddb is where I found this error.

It might be you fixed it since, of course! (Maybe when you put the standard v27 together, you included a slightly earlier file or something, or vice-versa with the SVN-stuff? I dunno. Given the sheer and astonishing size of this mod, a few of these sorts of errors are inevitably going to creep in, which is why I thought it important to bring it up!)

Anyway, I'm glad that it was an actual error (even if one that might have already been fixed), and not me just going bonkers. I can feel like like helped in some almost insignificant way! (And made my habit of occasionally looking baffled through the XMLs marginally useful for once!)

8. matt1975

matt1975 Chieftain

Updating from SVN 4426 to SVN 4433 I noticed that areas that had been revealed by the airplane recon mission in a save game from SVN 4426 no longer go back to dark after updating to 4433 and ending the turn.

9. Aotrs Commander

Sorry chaps, slight mistake on my part; somebody mentioned this in the another thread and I remembered I used Desura for the download, as I couldn't get the moddb one to work! (Kept getting webpage errors! (Sorry for the confusion, like I said, when I downloaded it, it was about two in the morning!)

Somebody in the main thread muttered something about the desura version being v24 (I'm not sure if he was being in jest or not), but, if true, might explain said error! I just had a quick look, and I can't see a version number on the mod anywhere in the documentation, so I can't confirm what version it is (and, of course, I wouldn't know V24 from v27!); though that would explain that game era if the desura version is some build prior by mistake! (And ls612 may be correctly remembering fixing it some time ago; in a more recent build!)

Does anybody know how to check the Desura version (or any features of things of v24 I could look at to work out what version it is I've downloaded?)

Edit: I'm trying the moddb version again (the website appears to be co-operating now, so it's downloading), so I'll check and see if that version is the same or different!

10. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

Mouse over the flag in the lower right after starting a game.

11. Aotrs Commander

Right, from a cursory examination of the dates of the files in the two versions, the moddb one appears to be 11/02/2012 (i.e. Nov 2nd) (which appears to be the right date for V27), whereas the Desura version appears to be 28th of the April.

Which is clearly why I found that error - it WAS an older version!

I have just checked the gamespeed file, and the iresearch is exactly as ls612 said it was.

Sorry for the confusion, ladies and gentlemen!

A note somewhere (at this end, if you can't put one on the moddb site) to the effect that desura is not the newest version, in the main thread would be useful for future reference for other beginners (especially since I wouldn't have know about this were it not for this whole (mostly pointless!) rigamarole.)

Still, glad I found out before I actually started playing!

12. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Very good idea. There is a lot of info in the main threads that needs updating.

13. Aotrs Commander

Are there proper channels or whatever for this, or should I send a polite PM to the main thread OP or something?

14. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I'll figure out something. There are things going on now that make 'normal channels' not quite applicable.

15. MoogleEmpMog

MoogleEmpMog Chieftain

I get a CTD whenever I load a game if I have any Build Lists. Renaming the Build List file to noBuildLists fixes the problem (deleting it, obviously, would do the same, but I'd rather not lose the list if possible).

I ran into this problem shortly after the lists were introduced but forgot to mention it until now. I'm not sure at this point if it's multiple lists that break it, a specific building, or any at all.

EDIT: Also, is it intentional that if you put a "Paved Road" on a "Thatch Cutter," it gets -1 Hammer? If so, that probably shouldn't be a recommended action. ;)

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... AIAndy will have to take a look at that. Please PM him this as he'll need to be made aware of it and since he's on hiatus due to some RL issues at the moment it might be a while til there's some resolution. This is also something we should mention upfront for players to see somewhere (perhaps in a Known Bugs thread?) for now since it might be a bit before it can be fixed.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

mea culpa - I forgot that they weren't cumulative like the tech ones.;)

18. astrohawke

astrohawke Chieftain

Just a few things I noticed in my current game.

-The aerospacial national agency national wonder is unbuildable once regular airports get upgraded to commercial airports.

-Medics don't upgrade even though it says they upgrade to ambulances and hospital ships in the civpedia. I'm always able to build medics in additional to ambulances etc.

-Medivac helicopters and any future upgrades don't reduce disease like all the previous health care units do. At least their unit info doesn't say they do. Kinda makes them worse in a way because once you upgrade, they can't be used to reduce disease in cities.

-United nations resolutions that affect civics are somewhat outdated. Aside from the fact that those civics are no longer ideal for civs that progress beyond the early modern era, some of them like "parliaments" isn't even an available civic anymore as far as I'm aware. No idea what would happen if you actually manage to pass a resolution that makes everyone switch to a non-existent civic.

-When you research advanced shielding, it obsoletes the arcology shielding building. This is a problem because arcology shielding is a pre-requisite building for advanced shielding which means cities are not able to actually build advanced shielding because as soon as advanced shielding is researched, all arcology shielding disappears from your cities. You can still get advanced shielding via the national shield wonder but that has its own problems. The city that actually builds the wonder does not seem to get advanced shielding built in it while all the other cities do.

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

@astrohawke

Is it vanilla v27 or SVN?

Because I think most of those are already fixed on the SVN.

20. astrohawke

astrohawke Chieftain

Vanilla v27. If those have been fixed then ignore what I wrote :mischief:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.