1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoklo

aoklo Chieftain

Well I am... confused and kind of annoyed.

So I never managed to get to build the pyramid or sphinx, because it gives minimal bonuses and is a lot of work to get. But I notice that there is apparently a bonus wonder (Valley of the Kings) you can get if you get both of them in the city. I never built these and it looked kind of neat so I figure ill try for it this game.

So while the sphinx is relatively easy to build, turns out the pyramids requires sculptures.. which requires that tech + the workshop, which also needs a trading post... which requires trade GAH. Anyway, I finally get it both of them in the same city.

And my bonus wonder did not build... I didnt know why but then I notice apparently I can only grab 2 wonders per city at this culture level. Great, except this is quite early in the game and to amass the culture for a Refined city will take.. a long time, 100+ turns at my rate... So I start building all the culture and culture % buildings so I can speed this up a bit. I finally get close (15 turns to next level) and then a message pops up telling me the Valley was built somewhere else.

What? How can this be possible? This wonder requires both Sphinx and Pyramids. I own both so it should be impossible for anyone else to grab this. Not to mention this wonder cannot be built normally, and is automatically built like housing, so if anything the wonder should be popping up for me when the requirements are met.

All that work and having this happened... is a real downer. I think there is a design flaw in this wonder that requires 2 wonders during a time period where its difficult to have a culture level that lets you build more then 2 wonders. The Sphinx unlocks early classic, and Pyramids mid classic era (like I said earlier you need A LOT of unrelated techs), so I dont think its reasonable to expect people to get the valley unless its meant for a much later bonus wonder.

Oh by the way, in this screenshot you also see Barbarians Golden Age :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Little Abigail

Little Abigail Chieftain

That means the Barb's built the Valley of the Kings somehow.

I'm pretty sure this was fixed already, though. Are you using the SVN or just V27?

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Couple of things?

1. Doesnt the Neanderthals upgrade to anything? I am in the Renaissance Era and still no upgrade avail?? pic 2

2. Is there a Longitude and Latitude "stopper" on certain types of sea critters? Because in pic 1 i cant get anyplace North of that point?

3. @Koshling,

didnt "we" YOU readjust just the Barbarians for their POP to go up faster? If you did, someone turned it back DOWN again:mad: I have an Island that is STILL left withOUT a civ even going there:crazyeye: and the POP of their cities are still at 1:confused::eek: pic 3/4 like in para 1 i am in Renaissance Era??

4. Little Abigail

Little Abigail Chieftain

I would imagine not. They did go extinct after all. The only thing left of them is the minor bit of genetic code in us from the bit of interbreeding that occurred.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Well see thats the thing, i watch ALOT of the History Channel and now Animal Planet TV (Only for Sasquatch/Yowie(Australian) Evidence) they can ONLY theorize, because NONE have been actually caught, but might be a link:confused: somewhere in the Millions of years stuff.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

1) No - we had this discussion way back when it was introduced. The consensus was that they should not upgrade.

2) Moving into those plots would cause the unit to see those plots that you have not explored and subdued animals can't reveal map.

3) The barbarians aren't growing due to the latest change in civics. It is probably the -25% :culture: one.

7. basement cat

basement cat Chieftain

Okay, so I'm running the basic download version of v27, and aside from catching the occasional spelling error or misplaced apostrophe, I haven't had many problems.

However, I recently built the Congress of Vienna, and I got the little pop-up message telling me there's an Act which I can put forward for a vote. It also says I have -914216136 votes. CONGRESS CAN'T MATH. :mischief:

I'm assuming there's a wee numerical error behind the scenes somewhere, yes? May have even been fixed already, given that the SVN's a couple months ahead of what I've got.

8. sp00n

sp00n Prince

I'm experiencing crashes when I try to use the build list feature.
    I've made 3 lists which basically include all the production / food / health buildings (and especially the food list gets pretty long due to the massive amount of farm buildings available).

The lists work flawlessly during the current session they were created, but as soon as I try to load another save game, or even try to start a totally new game, the game crashes back to desktop as soon as the loading bar is completed and the game tries to render the map. I don't receive any error message, and I couldn't find any error messages in the log files either.

I've actually confirmed this with two slightely different build list files. When I first encountered the bug, I was totally stumped as to why the mod suddenly stopped working, and after trying various things (mostly graphics related, because it crashes before the map/terrain is being shown), I simply decided to delete the mod folder and copy back a fresh version of it.
    Which of course worked, as it deleted the BuildLists.txt, but I didn't know that at this time. Until I tried to make a new build list, which resulted in the same crash to desktop behaviour as before.

I've attached my BuildLists.txt file. As soon as I delete (or rename it), I can load up games and create new ones just fine.

Attached Files:

9. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

There seems to be a problem regarding game saves and the diplomatic votes. Did the vote problem occur right after you loaded a save game? CoV is basically using the same mechanic as UN, but we might need someone to dig into the core game engine.

10. basement cat

basement cat Chieftain

Yup, though it's happened twice more (with different negative nine-digit numbers each time) in this same session. It displayed the proper number (1200-ish) for me after voting, though.

11. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Is it a Chair election or a resolution? I'm getting Chair elections that are working correctly. If it's a resolution, could you post a save right before a vote appears? I tried to set up where a resolution would appear, but all I could get were the Chair votes.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

When applying th latest SVN to and existing game I had to reapply promotions (yet again). There seems to be two problems

1) my archers lost all three of their city garrison but were only able to get one back.

2) my ship lost some of but not all of its combat promotions giving me the option of selecting combat I or combat V - see image. (edit this is so for my bear and bison riders also.)

13. sp00n

sp00n Prince

I was able to track this down further. The BuildList.txt file cannot have more than 256 entries, or the crash will occur.

This does include the list headers, but empty lines are ignored.
    E.g. with three lists as in my file we're looking at a (default) maximum size of 258 lines with 258-3*2-2*1= 250 actual building entries (3 list headers and 2 blank lines).
    Add one more entry to that and the game crashes.

14. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

In all my cities, I have "-30% from Traits". But it's in fact -30% from Civics, no Traits

15. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

It means that the memory holding whatever variable the the game wants to access has been cleared and put back on the heap when the game text is being made. I'd have no idea how to fix it though.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Do you still have the original save?

-30% what exactly? I've been hoping to get more specifics on some of these.

Do you happen to know what the variable is that's being called there and in what function in the gametext manager?

17. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I suspect it's actually a bad text string, especially if it's reporting the correct number of votes afterwards. If someone can post a save that actually demonstrates the behavior, I could try to run it down.

Incidentally, something that I've asked for (I think) a couple of times and was never implemented is an actual definition of who is a member of the Congress of Vienna. I'd like it to be that anyone who is at peace with the owner of the Congress is a member, and anyone at war with the owner is not.

18. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

I've attached a save with the same symptom. Game save is from SVN 4524. on 4 Jan I updated my SVN to 4544 and once I did Ctrl-Sh-T all my Hunters lost some of their promotions, but ONLY my Hunters.

Note that this is an Ultimate map size so you will need view ports to load this save file.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok... will take a look. Does anyone know how to turn viewports on before entering the game by chance?

I think I may have an idea as to where the culprit lies. Primarily this is a recalculation problem it seems, so I can start by looking at it from that angle. But a recent change in the wrapper saves regarding hasPromotion may be somewhat at fault as well... More likely an issue in the recalc though.

20. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

...\Assets\XML\ParallelMaps_GlobalDefines.xml
    ENABLE_VIEWPORTS = 1, currently I am playing at 90 x 50 as it's early, but I have a PC with lots of grunt.

Thus far I've confirmed that the symptom appears between SVN releases 4534 and 4544, currently testing SVN 4539, if this is any help in your efforts....

EDIT: SVN 4539 displays the symptom, so I've narrowed it down to something introduced between SVN 4535 and 4539.

EDIT EDIT: 4535 is when the symptom first appears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.