1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

The map you have at -40000 works fine for me??

2. CiverDan

CiverDan Warlord

Wimpy, were do doing anything with build lists like trying to cut and paste from another one? Ran into a very similar CTD at end of loading with similar map size w/viewports enabled. Deleted that build list I had copied over and it loaded.

3. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Minor XML bugs:

They have no effect, but there are references to 2 buildings in Modules\Hydro\Tower\Tower_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml that are not actually defined other than in those places (where they have no actual characteristics given other than the ReplaceBuildings and crime property adjustment):
    BUILDING_BOULEVARD_CIRCLE (of BUILDINGCLASS_WALLS) and
    BUILDING_KOTEL (of BUILDINGCLASS_HIGH_WALLS)
    These both have a type dependency set, via bTypeDependency, but there is nothing of those types defined anywhere in the mod (including not-laoded modules) so they are not actually loaded. Besides which, they are set up like UBs, using building classes of existing buildings, and there are no UBs in the mod either. So all they do is put junk in a log that is only written when using a debug version of the DLL. (So not much of an issue, really.)

There are matching typos in 3 files:
    Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Religions\Shinto\Shinto_CIV4EffectInfos.xml
    Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Religions\Sikh\Sikh_CIV4EffectInfos.xml
    Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Religions\Tengri\Tengri_CIV4EffectInfos.xml
    In each these files there is a path in a definition that starts "Ast/Effects" instead of "Art/Effects". With these corrected, you should see the religion symbol emitted briefly above the city when a missionary spreads one of these religions, like the others do (or, at least, some of them do). I think. I have not actually tried it since fixing them in R2R.

4. strategyonly

Since Hydro is around, i will let him do his tower stuff, BUT DH do you want me to fix the religion stuff, no biggy, because i know your away on vacation?

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Ok I removed the code from the Tower Mod and then put it on the SVN. Thanks for reporting! :goodjob:

6. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

Hmmm, interesting lead, I may roll back my SVN to 4474 (when this file was first saved) to see if it loads then.

OK, thanks for loading this. I was unable to load the file you posted so to me this points to a broken C2C install. I'll have a play with my local install step by step.

I was not intentionally doing anything with build lists but I think once I clicked the build list button instead of the adjacent BUG button but did not edit or save anything.

7. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

The HUD Color Tool thingy has nothing to do with running the mod. It is an external program just for changing the color of the various panels behind all the buttons and text and such. It is not part of the mod and nothing in it is used by the mod. Running it will modify some files that the mod uses, of course (if it didn't, it couldn't change what the colors are).

8. crazyewok

crazyewok Warlord

Turn hanging. Latest SVN in use.

Attached Files:

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I was unable to load your save as the mod folder was named C2C Release (I knew that at some point that would come back to bite me). I suspect though it may be related to the new Tech Commerce Tags.

10. crazyewok

crazyewok Warlord

Anyway to fix it? My other save game seems to work ok and I have been playing that one since mid october.

11. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Wait, it doesn't happen for every game? In that case I'm not so sure what is wrong.

12. crazyewok

crazyewok Warlord

Nope I have 3 games going,

A Giagantic, eternity 40 odd AI game that being going since mid october

A large 10 AI I epic speed game that I have had going since december

And a Huge 10 player 2 human hotseat game going since last week.

Only the 2nd game is broken.

13. strategyonly

@Hydro or ls612:
    Do you have an older copy of the Spartacus information in the modules area under my name for Heroes? It is NOT working correctly, since someone changed it to preq Culture Roman only??

14. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

No, I don't generally save old Versions. You can check out any old SVN version by going into the SVN sub-menu and selecting "Update", then "Update to Revision Number" and write the number.

15. strategyonly

Thats right, I keep forgetting about that darn SVN, PM me can you. thx.

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

There is a VERY easy way round tis which I HIGHLY recommend for moderate who may need to load othe people's save games for debugging. Create a directory link to your actual c2c folder named as whatever name you need for the load to work (I have literally twenty or so of these due t having to load people's variously renamed mod saves). This effectively means that windows sees a copy of the mod folder with a different name, but no extra disk space is taken up (they all actually point to the same data).

The command is smething like (google it to be sure):

Mklink /J <desired name> <real folder name>

You will then be able to load the save (though it will still restart c2c to do so unless you edit th mod name in your INI file so it starts as that name)

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

No sorry. :(

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Neat trick. Any chance we can link to that post in the Modders Documentation thread so I can find it again when I need it?

19. WimpyTheWarrior

WimpyTheWarrior Warlord

I am operational now but I cannot explain what fixed the problem. I'll provide my diagnostics and repair efforts in case it helps someone else.

I had a second symptom in that I could not enter World Builder, even from native BTS. I just re-installed from Civ4, Warlords, BTS ensuring that WB worked after each install. Then I added C2C and did WB from a Dual-sized map. That worked, and I was then able to load my old save games. Everything is back as it was about a week ago. I am playing on Win-7 so I loaded the games in C:\Games and each game is set to compatibility mode Win XP SP3 and to Run as Admin.

So if you're having an unusual problem in C2C go back to BTS and see if the symptom also demonstrates in native BTS. If something does not work in BTS it will not work in C2C, and you should fix the issue in BTS first.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am back and will fix these shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.