v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attached save game (400 AD) goes totally wacko when looking at the financials. When I press F2 then it says +179540/turn income but in fact it is way beyond 200 Million! The next turn I will be beyond the limit that seems to be around 2 Billion (2 000 000 000) and the money in stock will become negative.

Not sure how that happened. I am running a nearly current SVN and I am close to finishing the last researches in a very mature game. This has just started recently (with a new technology?) and giving half of my money to the poorest civ (they said thanks ;) ) just helped for about 4 turns, then I am beyond the limit again.

I just checked all the older saves I have (saving every turn) and found out that this thing started when I researched Planet Engineering but this could be pure coincidence (no buildings or effects come with this technology). I have also attached the savegame (367 AD) directly before financials became crazy.

BTW: We should tell the Greeks how that trick works :D ...

Here is how the gold in stock developped compared to the money earned (what the Financial Advisor said):
Year 364: 45 Million +118K
Year 367: 46 Million +113K
Year 370: 295 Million +125K
Year 373: 547 Million +119K
Year 376: 802 Million +127K

-30% what exactly? I've been hoping to get more specifics on some of these.

Sorry, mu bad
When I pass my mouse on gold, I can see all modifer.
And I have a "-30% from Traits" instead of "-30% from civics"

EDIT
And another 2:
I can build Scotland Yard with a Great Spy without having the prereq.
Serpent Mound dont work : I dont have the +2 science from tumulus, and this bonus is only shown when i pass my mouse on it in the Sevopedia, but not in the full description

I can build Scotland Yard with a Great Spy without having the prereq.

That is because of how it is defined in the XML for the Great Spy. The problem is that not all of us agree that the requirements are right; or feel there should be a much earlier use (building) for the Great Spy. The discussion did not reach a consensus so the "bug" remains.

Serpent Mound dont work : I dont have the +2 science from tumulus, and this bonus is only shown when i pass my mouse on it in the Sevopedia, but not in the full description

I've seen this before. I think it's a caching error. Could you try this:
  • Load the save game and see if the science bonus from Tumulus is not there.
  • Exit the game and clear your cache.
  • Load the save game again and see if you are getting the bonus.

Unfortunately, if that is the bug, I don't know how to fix it.

Sorry, mu bad
When I pass my mouse on gold, I can see all modifer.
And I have a "-30% from Traits" instead of "-30% from civics"
Ok... thanks! I'll see if I can replicate it so I can properly fix it.

<snip>

Serpent Mound works for me. I just got it a few turns back and every Tumulus I now build displays +2 science.

JosEPh

Just updated from the SVN again and all my ships loose their 3 Seamanship promotions and can't get them back. many other units are also losing their promotions also. edit units where I have upgraded are the ones that are loosing the most because their XP have been dropped back to 25!

Just updated from the SVN again and all my ships loose their 3 Seamanship promotions and can't get them back. many other units are also losing their promotions also. edit units where I have upgraded are the ones that are loosing the most because their XP have been dropped back to 25!

Yeah me also, this has happened the last few SVN updates, but i believe its from only ONE SVN update, someplace that did this. and its just repeating itself everytime you reload, i cant be certain of that though.

I've just had two occurrences where a Field Commander stationed in a city simply vanishes when the city goes into revolt. I think it's when the troops are being moved out of city, but I'm not entirely sure about that.
I've found no combat log entry about a battle being lost mentioning the Field Commander (actually no battle at all was lost), so I just assume it's a bug?

Still playing on v27.

I've just had two occurrences where a Field Commander stationed in a city simply vanishes when the city goes into revolt. I think it's when the troops are being moved out of city, but I'm not entirely sure about that.
I've found no combat log entry about a battle being lost mentioning the Field Commander (actually no battle at all was lost), so I just assume it's a bug?

Still playing on v27.

Yes this is a well known area, i cant remember what the response was i had when i asked the same question about a year ago.:(

I had fixed some bugs in Vokarya's save a while back and noticed there were troops being mysteriously lost due to a city going into revolt (or rather being bought off by an enemy spy) and I really tried to investigate the source of the problem. I saw a few things in there that could have something to do with it but it wasn't the primary issue I was trying to solve so I let it go. I tried setting up a logging that would at least inform the player this took place but that failed. So perhaps I can get back to taking a further look at that... but I warn its a tough bug as its nestled somewhere in a very complex sequence.

Hm, I might have actually lost more troops, too, especially a healer comes to mind. Not sure about others, the stack stationed there was rather large.
I'm not sure I've experienced this kind of behavior with the Legends or Revolutions mod, which uses the same revolt mechanics. But that's quite some time ago since I played that mod.

I've seen this before. I think it's a caching error. Could you try this:
  • Load the save game and see if the science bonus from Tumulus is not there.
  • Exit the game and clear your cache.
  • Load the save game again and see if you are getting the bonus.

Unfortunately, if that is the bug, I don't know how to fix it.

Yes, it work with clearing the cache. Only reload did nothing.

I had fixed some bugs in Vokarya's save a while back and noticed there were troops being mysteriously lost due to a city going into revolt (or rather being bought off by an enemy spy) and I really tried to investigate the source of the problem. I saw a few things in there that could have something to do with it but it wasn't the primary issue I was trying to solve so I let it go. I tried setting up a logging that would at least inform the player this took place but that failed. So perhaps I can get back to taking a further look at that... but I warn its a tough bug as its nestled somewhere in a very complex sequence.

No offense, but pls dont do this at this time, pls concentrate on what you are presently doing, and especially the Combat Mod, priorities, thx.;)

After not too much feedback ;) I did some research of my own and I think I found the culprit. I have finished the Research Hospital in 367 which provides the Smart Medicin resource. If I don´t build this I also don´t get those hundreds of millions gold per turn.

For me it looks that something with the Smart Medicin resource is wrong.

The attached save game (400 AD) goes totally wacko when looking at the financials. When I press F2 then it says +179540/turn income but in fact it is way beyond 200 Million! The next turn I will be beyond the limit that seems to be around 2 Billion (2 000 000 000) and the money in stock will become negative.

Not sure how that happened. I am running a nearly current SVN and I am close to finishing the last researches in a very mature game. This has just started recently (with a new technology?) and giving half of my money to the poorest civ (they said thanks ;) ) just helped for about 4 turns, then I am beyond the limit again.

I just checked all the older saves I have (saving every turn) and found out that this thing started when I researched Planet Engineering but this could be pure coincidence (no buildings or effects come with this technology). I have also attached the savegame (367 AD) directly before financials became crazy.

BTW: We should tell the Greeks how that trick works :D ...

Here is how the gold in stock developped compared to the money earned (what the Financial Advisor said):
Year 364: 45 Million +118K
Year 367: 46 Million +113K
Year 370: 295 Million +125K
Year 373: 547 Million +119K
Year 376: 802 Million +127K

No offense, but pls dont do this at this time, pls concentrate on what you are presently doing, and especially the Combat Mod, priorities, thx.;)

No problem... as I said, THAT bug is a major pain to try to figure out.

I've posted that in the Promotions thread as well, but since it's a bug, and this is the bug thread, I guess it won't hurt too much...

Ok, I've checked several units now. None of the Elephants, Mammoths, Bears or Rhinoceros units can be promoted to City Raider 5. They all stop at level 4.
However Camels, Chariots, Deers, Dreadnoughts (Plasma Armor), Giraffes, Horses, Llamas and Zebras all work fine.

Tanks were only able to get up to City Raider 2, not sure if that is another bug or by design (Dreadnoughts, at least the Plasma Armor I've tested, works again up to level 5).

Really looking for a way to fix this...

I've now been able to to pin this down to
<bBlitz>1</bBlitz>
in the \Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\ls612\Promotions\ls612_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file.
If I set it to 0, the promotion shows up fine.

Is there maybe some property for Elephants (and the other units) that prevents them from using Blitz/attacking multiple times per turn, which does take precedence over the entry in the promotions file, and so the icon never has a chance to show up?
Might be hidden in a Python or even a DLL file, I'm too unfamiliar with Civ4 modding to able to make a guess.

Also, another minor glitch I've noticed: I assume City Raider 5 should actually be in the promotion line for city raider, and currently it is not. (Missing the entries "<PromotionLine>PROMOTIONLINE_CITYRAIDER</PromotionLine>" and "<iLinePriority>5</iLinePriority>".)

I've now been able to to pin this down to
<bBlitz>1</bBlitz>
in the \Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\ls612\Promotions\ls612_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file.
If I set it to 0, the promotion shows up fine.

Is there maybe some property for Elephants (and the other units) that prevents them from using Blitz/attacking multiple times per turn, which does take precedence over the entry in the promotions file, and so the icon never has a chance to show up?
Might be hidden in a Python or even a DLL file, I'm too unfamiliar with Civ4 modding to able to make a guess.

Also, another minor glitch I've noticed: I assume City Raider 5 should actually be in the promotion line for city raider, and currently it is not. (Missing the entries "<PromotionLine>PROMOTIONLINE_CITYRAIDER</PromotionLine>" and "<iLinePriority>5</iLinePriority>".)

Really odd, the fact that City Raider V gives Blitz should not be affecting the elephants. :confused: Maybe it is that they only have 1 movement and thus can't technically blitz sometimes, but that still sounds like a bug to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom