v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing latest version of C2C (perfect world, immense, eons, limited religions on, divine prophets on) i notice AGAIN bug/flaw in AI behavior that is in game for a few months at least: Wilhelmina is another top civ on my continent and she tries to research EVERY religion tech, falling bad behind me. And she did not start any religion yet ... She researches Jainism now, i research Drama.

Otherwise new C2C is very sweet. Keep up good work guys, i cant wait to see new engine without vewport limits to play my favourite big maps.
I suppose the AI research determinations aren't taking the Limited Religion/Divine Prophet combination in mind.

On one hand (the research determination side) she thinks she is desperate to get a religion. On the other hand, (the Divine Prophets/Limited Religions) side, she knows she can only get one religion and is holding out for her favorite since nobody has taken it yet.

Provided the Prophet awards from DP on those techs aren't captured yet, its not bad for her to be trying to get them, but if they have been, and she's just behind the curve, she should be taught to avoid those techs until her favorite religion has been taken from her and she needs one she bypassed earlier that hasn't been taken yet.

This flaw in her behavior would be delaying her ability to reach her favorite religion in time to take it from others so it is something that should eventually be addressed, but will not be easily fixed (nor soon) as its a fairly complex added evaluation consideration for her research path decisions.

I don't know all that much about how leaders are evaluating religious techs under the Limited Religion option in the first place... I'd think it would make a very big difference to what they should do there and I don't know how much of it has been taken into consideration for them there in general.

Good to have pointed it out though!

It just means there's a memory corruption that has trampled on the memory for that vector. Most likely something is indexing out-of-bounds in some array, but there's no real way to know what from this - it whatever happened to be allocated next to the vector at the time which could be anything essentially. Any changes to use of a (heap allocated) array recently would be the likely culprit.

hmm... so it really could be a wide variety of possibilities there. It was happening after a particular revision so as soon as we have it established EXACTLY what revision that is it'll be pretty easily found I think. Thanks for the feedback Koshling!

Something weird going on here in my Capital city (see attached) i have now put in Horseman three times and haven't gotten any of them but 1 horseman then its like it FORGOT to do the rest:crazyeye:

I need them to get back my city that was capture to the right. As i was not really paying attention.

1. Can someone do me a favor (since every time you do a savedgame with Rev On) it different each and every time you GO BACK and check thing, try building 3 horsemen in the Capital City and see what happens for 3 turns (making sure you have three in the building area at all times)? Thx, i just want to see if it happens to anyone else, no need to move any units around, just see if the Horsemen are being built, but PLS make sure you do it 3 TIMES. even if one or so get built the first pr second turns thx.:crazyeye:

2. If i have a rogue or invisible unit over an AI city, does the GG from that city get the XP points if i win a combat victory, "also." (pic 2):confused:

3. Whom ever did this pop-up stuff i really like it, nice info, need more things like that, has anyone even thought of doing ALOT MORE "Quests" i really really really like them.:)

Strategyonly, how did you get your Rogue into the enemy city?

Strategyonly, how did you get your Rogue into the enemy city?

I way i set them up was, Thiefs/Rogues/Assassin etc and certain other units can enter AI territories and into the cities withOUT any consequence. Just like in RL. (CIA Agent)

@SO:
2) I don't think so. I believe the Commander system specifies only the same player's units interact with the commander all around but it is worth making sure at some point. I have a review of the xp system coming up at some point so I'll take a look then.

I got this even. The only problem is that I am not Chief head Hunter. It then fell over. No save sorry I was testing something else.

It wasn't trying to say you were Chief Headhunter. Apparently it was his cities that were wanting to either join you or revolt. As for the crash, ugh... rev issues are a pain to resolve as they span both dll and python. Most of the processing is in fact in python so you would certainly be more qualified than I at figuring that side of it out.

Ok so I have this save game that works for SVN v4459 but nothing beyond that. I re-downloaded every file and tried again if I had a corrupt SVN file but it still won't load. I opened up a different saved game from a different game and it works fine with the updated SVN. In short what makes this particular save game unplayable for the latest SVN?

I would really like to continue playing the game with an updated version of the SVN. But it looks like if I want to keep playing that game I will have to stick with the older SVN copy.

Are you sure its as far back as v4459? Or did you mean 4559?

EDIT: Nevermind... I've done some testing and isolated which revision introduces the problem with your save. And the result is fairly disturbing.

Apparently it was revision 4563, which, ironically, was YOUR revision! Your notes on that:
Hydromancer said:
Pushed Water and Air Pollution triggers back. Light Smog and Minor Ground Water Pollution do not start until 400 instead of 100. Minor Global Warming was moved back to 500. Which means no Global Warming triggers until 500 and over rather than 250.
Now, before you start tripping out and thinking you did something wrong, the changes that took place there really shouldn't have had this kind of effect unless a problem was already pre-existing or if something is happening there that creates a sort of paradox in the Generic Property system (aka, you shouldn't have now had some of the pollution buildings you already do and somewhere in the code it causes a total logic breakdown since such a scenario was never considered.)

But it does mean the following things:
A) You can probably get around the problem with your save by simply revoking those changes on your machine only.
B) New games probably won't run into trouble since they would have their Property building triggers remaining constant.
C) AIAndy might want to take a look into where such a scenario might be causing trouble (with property buildings being disqualified between saves)
OR
D) One of those buildings was actually triggered that had not been before and I think the only one that qualifies for that possibility is the reef bleaching. In this scenario, you're somehow being given that building during the loading process, which is unusual (in fact any problem with these is extremely unusual in general to take place during the loading process but I'm not sure if the property level has changed condition somehow gets checked in the loading because I'm not 100% familiar or even understanding AIAndy's full structure there.) Then, perhaps the Python that drives the effect of that pollution level is tweaking out.

Or perhaps the python processing that reacts to the pollution structures is really at the heart of the problem in general on any of those buildings - checking and finding you have something you shouldn't have and fouling up its processing somehow...

There's a lot of ways this whole thing could be an issue. But I believe most new games won't suffer from the adjustment and we'll have to be aware that a crash scenario is possible when altering the thresholds on Property Buildings (most particularly on Pollutions which have added processing details in response to them.)

Yep, that is right, it is not working. i am waiting for AIAndy or someone else to have a look at it because I can't see anything wrong with it.

I way i set them up was, Thiefs/Rogues/Assassin etc and certain other units can enter AI territories and into the cities withOUT any consequence. Just like in RL. (CIA Agent)
Well, what I meant was, what button do you press to allow them to enter the city? I can only attack their way in.

Also, I just got the Herbalism event, and I did the Full scale tests. I then learned they had caused casualties, but they were at least a success. In the City Screen, it shows I have +2 :health: from Events, but my "Total health" isn't counting this, my total health is only 4 :health: (Fresh Water, buildings, Difficulty Level). It isn't counting it? :confused:

Also, I just got the Herbalism event, and I did the Full scale tests. I then learned they had caused casualties, but they were at least a success. In the City Screen, it shows I have +2 :health: from Events, but my "Total health" isn't counting this, my total health is only 4 :health: (Fresh Water, buildings, Difficulty Level). It isn't counting it? :confused:

It gets removed from the base unhealthiness rather than added, so it does not show anywhere. It does not always cause casualties.

Well, what I meant was, what button do you press to allow them to enter the city? I can only attack their way in.
You must be in a 'state of war' against the city if that's the case. You can only do this if you are at peace with the civ that owns the city.

I'm not sure whether I have cultural take over on since it is not in options any more and I cant find it in configs but when a city is granted independence or decides to join me because of cultural reasons and I accept it I wont actually take control of that city. A pop up window pops up asking me if I agree for them to join me or they will form a new empire, but when I do I wont get control of that city anyway. And Im pretty sure that this happened to me a few times in the past in previous versions when I had cultural take over turned on..

Yep, that is right, it is not working. i am waiting for AIAndy or someone else to have a look at it because I can't see anything wrong with it.

Where did you get the Event info from??

EDIT: To all the coders that can "debug" C2C:

Can you'll EACH do a debug of the current SVN, it is taking Waaaaay too long lately on turn times, thx. . . SO

Where did you get the Event info from??

EDIT: To all the coders that can "debug" C2C:

Can you'll EACH do a debug of the current SVN, it is taking Waaaaay too long lately on turn times, thx. . . SO

It was going at a 'normal' speed for me yesterday. Which is to say turn times were slightly over a minute and a half for my developed game. That may be too long for our tastes, but the only way it will go down is by making performance enhancements (especially multi-threading) during the normal development cycle.

In short, I don't think there is a new performance bug.

It was going at a 'normal' speed for me yesterday. Which is to say turn times were slightly over a minute and a half for my developed game. That may be too long for our tastes, but the only way it will go down is by making performance enhancements (especially multi-threading) during the normal development cycle.

In short, I don't think there is a new performance bug.

OK sounds fair enough, but won't it just be nice to do a debug anyways, before a BIG release?? "I'm Just Sayin'.":p

I've been doing quite a bit of that during this whole cycle actually. And there's a few things to bring up that need repairing that I've waited for the freeze to mention because I believe I mentioned them before:

and

Just a few references being called in the XML that don't exist anymore. Not causing a crash on load but they come up EVERY time I run the debugger which is a lot these days...

As a note, there's also something wrong with the numUnitCount and numVisiblePlots (or something like that) in the AI codes that takes place a lot as soon as games develop to where AI's are on the scene. I've tried taking a look but I don't understand that region too well. I suspect it may be wrapped up into the 'Sometimes Invisible units that should still be invisible are being detected when they shouldn't be' bug.

Also: I have a few known longstanding bugs I'm going to be attempting to resolve. Last night I filtered through my list to pick those out as 'the things to focus on now'. We have a less bugged version than most have been already, but there's still some longstanding issues to address.

Sadly, OOS problems are likely to continue to be an issue for this release though.

I've been doing quite a bit of that during this whole cycle actually. And there's a few things to bring up that need repairing that I've waited for the freeze to mention because I believe I mentioned them before:

and

Just a few references being called in the XML that don't exist anymore. Not causing a crash on load but they come up EVERY time I run the debugger which is a lot these days...

As a note, there's also something wrong with the numUnitCount and numVisiblePlots (or something like that) in the AI codes that takes place a lot as soon as games develop to where AI's are on the scene. I've tried taking a look but I don't understand that region too well. I suspect it may be wrapped up into the 'Sometimes Invisible units that should still be invisible are being detected when they shouldn't be' bug.

Also: I have a few known longstanding bugs I'm going to be attempting to resolve. Last night I filtered through my list to pick those out as 'the things to focus on now'. We have a less bugged version than most have been already, but there's still some longstanding issues to address.

Sadly, OOS problems are likely to continue to be an issue for this release though.

The first two are really simple to fix, so long as I know what the correct targets are for that XML. The next two have been around forever and Koshling said he didn't know what was causing them, so I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom