v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanilla v27 bug:
Unit graphics are swapped from the time I push "end turn" to my next turn. For example, I'm next to a large crocodile. After I push "end turn", while the AI calculates it's turn, the large crocodile actually looks like a knight on a horse.

This can also happen with my own units. Sometimes, my hunters look like great prophets while the AI is calculating moves. The unit attacks and defends normally, however.

Updated game via SVN before starting.

I have been unable to get anywhere, I keep getting CTD. I tried a couple of times on the largest map size, and then tried dropping it to a Huge map. That actually got me into the map, but when I tried to open the world builder (to have a nosey round before I started playing properly), it gave me an error message and crashed out. When I tried to load that save game (after a reboot), it CTD'd again.

I'm sort of surmising it must be a performance/memory issue.

What sort of spec are people running this mod on? (I'm on Win XP, 2gig RAM, dual about 3gig-ish processors, 1 gig Geforce 9800 graphics card.) Or possibly, better, what sort of game settings should I be trying to run the game on, given my capabilties?

Updated game via SVN before starting.

I have been unable to get anywhere, I keep getting CTD. I tried a couple of times on the largest map size, and then tried dropping it to a Huge map. That actually got me into the map, but when I tried to open the world builder (to have a nosey round before I started playing properly), it gave me an error message and crashed out. When I tried to load that save game (after a reboot), it CTD'd again.

I'm sort of surmising it must be a performance/memory issue.

What sort of spec are people running this mod on? (I'm on Win XP, 2gig RAM, dual about 3gig-ish processors, 1 gig Geforce 9800 graphics card.) Or possibly, better, what sort of game settings should I be trying to run the game on, given my capabilties?

With that sort of rig Large maps may work but nothing bigger. If you had an extra gig of memory and turned on the 3GB switch you could play Huge maps but would have problems with crashes in the renaissance onwards.

Have you tried with view ports on? I am told they let you play on much larger maps but use less memory. I have not tried hem myself.

Vanilla v27:

Female missionaries have no unit type rather than being missionary units, so they don't get the Morale promotion from Famen Temple (which incidentally says it grants the Mobility promotion, rather than Morale).

EDIT: Apparently the female missionaries/executives for the vanilla BtS religions and corporations are classified as Missionaries, it's just those of all the additional religions and corps are not. Regardless, the ones that aren't need fixing.

Vanilla v27:

Female missionaries have no unit type rather than being missionary units, so they don't get the Morale promotion from Famen Temple (which incidentally says it grants the Mobility promotion, rather than Morale).

All of them had a Type they would not work without it;) Some of them were missing a Combat Class which may have been the cause, I'll look into it.

With that sort of rig Large maps may work but nothing bigger. If you had an extra gig of memory and turned on the 3GB switch you could play Huge maps but would have problems with crashes in the renaissance onwards.

Have you tried with view ports on? I am told they let you play on much larger maps but use less memory. I have not tried hem myself.

Righto! I'll try a large map at some later point then, and see how I go with that to start with, and maybe try viewpoints depending on how we go with that. Sounds like I may be pretty stuck in the mid-term though (Rocks2Rockets looks like it might have my name on it!), given that next year's expense had to be an OS upgrade (with a new HDD)...

Ho hum. Price you pay for a fantasitically huge and complex module on an older game; Civ always has creaked a bit under it's own weight in any version (well, 'cept II, maybe!), and I may not have got enough hardware to compensate. (Still, this is hardly the first time I've had a problem with this sort of thing. I was having a good game in Civ III's Rhy's and Fall once that I had to abandon because it had slowed to a crawl (like five minutes between turns); and by the time I'd got a newer machine that might have cut it down to playable again, Civ IV had come out.)

This has already been addressed some posts ago:

barbarian cities stay at pop 1 forever.

I had one barb city still at pop 1 after literally 1000 turns.

Barbs evolving in minor civs is one of the features which i quite enjoy. :)

Please fix it soon! :bowdown:

Thanks in advance.

Hellom

Whe is the fix? I wait for this to continue my game!

Alright I'll try to make sure it gets in by the end of the week then. Its one of so many projects on the list but since its something wrong it really should be priority.

Minor bug (I'm pretty sure this was in standard v27 before I SVN'd):
It's a random event window with no text describing the event itself. There's just a picture and a response (see attached).

ETA: No it was in the SVN approximately 4417 I don't know how to tell exactly what SVN I'm running but I updated on Dec 3 (possibly late Dec 2 UK/US time).

Attachments

• 2012-12-05_00001.jpg
    2012-12-05_00001.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 107
First I have to say Great mod really enjoy it and I really can't play CIV IV now without it. However there is one big problem for me. Everytime I start with Revolutions on the mod seems to like start the game ok but then after one turn it just shuts down. And this is with the most recent version. Anyone know why this happens?

Anyway I hope I can actually contribute to help in this mod and I do have some suggestions about some techs I wanna do along as I play through it.:) But really it would be lovely if I can find a way to play with Revolutions on:sad:

Also another bug I noticed is with the Gathering Tech. There is says first to discover gets a free Gatherer. Yet every time I discover it I get a Free Gatherer. Is this on purpose?

Also another bug I noticed is with the Gathering Tech. There is says first to discover gets a free Gatherer. Yet every time I discover it I get a Free Gatherer. Is this on purpose?

Everyone gets a free gatherer when they get gathering the first to get the tech get a second gatherer free also.

Everyone gets a free gatherer when they get gathering the first to get the tech get a second gatherer free also.

Ah thanks So I guess perhaps we could instead of First to Discover receives a Gatherer it to say like first to discover receives an additional Gatherer if possible. But anyway usually the AI gets it so it's no real point. I did see in Quill18 LP that that Gatherer gets a custom name though very neat.

Hello folks,

I don't know if its a bug or not, but the Meat Packing Plant provides negative food after modifers are applied. Please see attached image for what I mean. The plant nominally gives +5, but is modified to -11 in the case I attached. Seems strange to me...

Attachments

• meat packing plant.jpg
    meat packing plant.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 64
Hello folks,

I don't know if its a bug or not, but the Meat Packing Plant provides negative food after modifers are applied. Please see attached image for what I mean. The plant nominally gives +5, but is modified to -11 in the case I attached. Seems strange to me...

Weird. Can you show the city inside and it's food modifiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom