Weekend Specials Online

Geez I leave you guys for 5 hours while I work (beautiful weather btw) and nobody lists off the sales :p

*warms up his copy pasting skill*

Steam Summer Sale Day 7!​

Name $USD EUR€ £GBP $AUS Metascore
  • Killing Floor Bundle $7.50 6,43&#8364; £5.11 $7.50 72 <-- An excellent zombie killing FPS that is different from L4D with great dev support. Recommended buy.
  • Jamestown $5 4,50&#8364; £3.50 $5 84 <-- Bullet hell game afaik, which also claims to be an instant classic (I strongly dispute that claim).
  • Atomic Zombie Smasher $3 3&#8364; £1.80 $3 74 <-- No idea what this is.
  • Prototype $15 10&#8364; £7.50 $15 79
  • Far Cry Complete $7.50 10&#8364; £3.74 $7.50 85+
  • King's Bounty: Platinum Edition $7 6&#8364; £6 $7 82 <-- Its been well recommended elsewhere and is apparently a great series.
  • Lost Planet 2 $20 20&#8364; £15 $20 63 <-- Probably better on the console, but it was fun playing co-op with my friend on his 360.
    Gothic Complete Pack $18.74 18,74&#8364; £13.74 $18.74 80 <-- Gothic 1 and 2 are available on Good Old Games which might have better support for newer windows. Gothic 4 is apparently bad, and Gothic 3 REQUIRES the community patches to be playable but its good. I don't know if those patches work with the steam version.
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GotY $7.50 7,50&#8364; £3.74 $7.50 91
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete $10 8,74&#8364; £6.24 $10 90 <-- WARNING: GFWL NIGHTMARE, but apparently an okay game besides that. However, yeah, ******ed DRm.
  • Sims 3 Pack $80 15,30&#8364; £10.20 $27.20 86
  • Left4Dead 2 &#63743; $5 5&#8364; £3.74 $5 89 <-- I strongly recommend getting L4D2, great game and a number of us on CFC have it and play it.

Maybe cause we're scared you'd beat us if we did. :hide:

Thats a really good point actually :p

I'll be working tomorrow again too, so I won't be back until like 5 or 6 PM (7 or 8 hours after the new sale goes up).

So are you asking someone else to do it?

Ok, just making sure, thought now that I think about it I didn't really need to.

I bought a pack with Elven Legacy and the Majesty games from Paradox for like $8. The Elven Legacy alone pack was like $10.....? They looked kinda neat, especially the Majesty games.

Atom Zombie Smasher is worth demoing. I've been playing it since it first came out, and it had a steady bit of patching.

If you don't own L4D2, you must buy it!!!!! Teh Clown Zombie compels you....buy it!!!!

I've been disappointed with Far Cry2. Played a few hours, and not even the fun of the original. I feel they tried too hard for a sand box without giving it enough soul. And the map feels rather linear. And the gun-play feels awkward as well.

Prototype is a pretty good sandbox game, at least for a console. Though the story is a bit whacko.

Sims is crack. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been disappointed with Far Cry2. Played a few hours, and not even the fun of the original. I feel they tried too hard for a sand box without giving it enough soul. And the map feels rather linear. And the gun-play feels awkward as well.

It's not perfect but I really got into the setting and the guns for some reason. Enjoyed it. Mostly annoyed at bland factions, respawning AI and kamikaze jeeps.

It's not perfect but I really got into the setting and the guns for some reason. Enjoyed it. Mostly annoyed at bland factions, respawning AI and kamikaze jeeps.

Also I was disappointed that you can't take moral outrage at the factions and gib them into confetti.
That and the lack of Judo-chopping and knives. Special Forces aren't limited to 200 guns and their boogers. They have to learn hand-to-hand too.

I can vouch for Killing Floors being pretty fun. Bit of a steep learning curve at first - protip: when clearing a wave continually move towards where the shop will be as its open for only 30 seconds or so. If you are too far away you wont make it in time and cant upgrade, buy armor or more ammo....and that will suck real fast.

Also, the different classes a pretty varied and give quite a bit of playability as you want to level different ones up. Seeing a beserker wade through hordes of zombies with a samurai sword is something to behold!!

Behold, gentlemen...

Steam Summer Sale Day 8!

Dead Rising 2 $19.99 <-- Twenty bucks hardly seems like a good deal for a game you'll play once.

Sanctum $3.75 <-- For ten smackers, you can get the four-pack. GUESS WHAT I DID. See below for details.

Counterstrike Source $4.99 <-- Get the Valve pack instead.

Risen $10.19

Cities XL 2011 $7.99 <-- Reviews say SimCity 4 is more complex and satisfying. One of these days, I'll get my SC4 town larger than a trailer park.

Street Fighter IV $14.99

Company of Heroes $2.49 <-- I've heard good things about this one. Very good things. Course, those might be the same voices that told me to plunk down more money for Gabe Newell.

Quake $2.49 <-- FFFFF QUAKE FFFFF I don't know.

Lara Croft and the Guardians of Light $3.74 <-- Now this is a more sensible price for a play-em-once.

Rift $9.99

Audiosurf $1.49 <-- "Hey, if you've got the mp3 library, go for it," said the guy who's never played Audiosurf.

Command & Conquer 4 $4.00 <-- Red Alert 3 and C&C 3 are also on sale.

A Contest of Sanctumy Sanctum Smarm

I have three copies of Sanctum I'm willing to give out. A copy can be yours if you can guess what number I'm thinking of (between 1 and 25). If you fail to guess the number, you'll have to wait two more guesses from others before guessing again.

OR

A copy can be yours guaranteed if you are one of the first three to create a comic in DRAW Your Own Story (either one) that somehow involves tower defense. Be sure to put some time into the strip, or at least make it entertaining and clever.

When you have done so, please include a link to the strip and your Steam sign-in in a post here.

This contest will end once three people have submitted a comic or once the Summer Sale ends.

Thinking of getting Risen although it showed as -75% 7.75$ for a a few minutes there... Now it's 10$.

Otherwise one of the lesser sales days.

Also kind of interested in trying Rift, but I don't want to play it RIGHT NOW and I wonder if buying it now would mean my free month would have to be NOW.

A Contest of Sanctumy Sanctum Smarm

I have three copies of Sanctum I'm willing to give out. A copy can be yours if you are one of the first three to create a comic in DRAW Your Own Story (either one) that somehow involves tower defense. Be sure to put some time into the strip, or at least make it entertaining and clever.

When you have done so, please include a link to the strip and your Steam sign-in in a post here.

This contest will end once three people have submitted a comic or once the Summer Sale ends.

If you don't get 3 ppl by then I'd take one off your hands. ;)

Risen is really good. It's a bit on the short side, but if you liked Gothic, then you'll like Risen as well. It's pretty much a more polished Gothic, that mostly fixes some of the annoyances of Gothic without stepping much out of the treaded path of the series.

Edit: Also don't buy C&C4, it's not like any of the other classic C&C games and bad in general.

I remember the steam sale's end being kinda weird. Will the sale end at 10AM PDT July 10th, or July 11th?

Top Bottom