What’s next? More DLCs or first expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I guessed there would be a lot of attention for the America's in the next expansion. And if that theory is right, they need two DLC's. One native American civ, and one Inca civ. I doubt they would release a scenario called: Inca vs Indians or something like that.

What is most likely going to happen is that they will just release a scenario about the exploration theme in the next expansion.

France, Egypt and India are the civs who most need a new leader. I'm still baffled of the leader choice of France. They have so many great leaders, and then they pick a DE MEDICI no-one ever heard... . France has such a rich history, couldn't they do really something better. I can live with Cleopatra and Gandhi, but we need an Old Egypt representative and an Old India / Mughal India representative. India also has a rich history. And I also want a different leader for Spain. Japan, Arabia, Germany, Rome, England, USA, China and Russia are options as well, but i'm fine with them.

France is maybe the only civ that now needs three leaders (because they screwed that civ, it's also an insanely weak civ), since culture victory is not do-able on deity.

Leaders we need

Ashoka or Akbar
Napoleon (or one of the two other French, and basically any new French leader is okay for me)
Hatsheput / Akhenaten / Ramesses II / ... (just Old Egypt).
Isabella II

Possible other options:
Bismarck
Joan of Arc or Louis XIV
Meiji
China and Russia have such a great pool to choose from
One of the Founding Fathers
A communist leader from the Soviet Union (Lenin?)
Harun Al-Rashid
An English leader (Elizabeth?)

Which native American civ is going to be released (or possibly), and any chance Muisca or so will be released instead of Inca (or maybe Inca + Muisca).

That's why I guessed there would be a lot of attention for the America's in the next expansion. And if that theory is right, they need two DLC's. One native American civ, and one Inca civ. I doubt they would release a scenario called: Inca vs Indians or something like that.

What is most likely going to happen is that they will just release a scenario about the exploration theme in the next expansion.
I considered the scenario would be about the European contact with new world as that would be the only way to tie them together.

The only ones I really want are more appropriate picks for France, Germany, India, and Egypt.
What is inappropriate with Frederick Barbarossa?

they need two DLC's. One native American civ, and one Inca civ. I doubt they would release a scenario called: Inca vs Indians or something like that.
"two DLC's" ... 7 & 8 ... the missing link ... GH

Also native American civs sounds a lot like Railroad ... no?

edit: but first (in 7) Age of Discovery with Isabella etc.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="darkace77450]The only must-have leaders for me are George Washington (complete with a Minutemen UU)[/QUOTE]

Washington didn't command Minutemen. He commanded the Continental Army. The Minutemen were local militias, and basically a bunch of half-trained, undisciplined guerrillas. Washington deeply hated the militias. One of his first acts as President was to badger Congress to provide for a standing army in the budget. He never wanted the country to have to depend on a bunch of amateurs.

Minutemen are an okay pick for America as a whole, a la Civ V, or for a Revolutionary War icon like Sam Adams or Paul Revere, but not Washington. He would have ground his not-actually-wood teeth at the thought of it.

Last edited:
Washington didn't command Minutemen. He commanded the Continental Army. The Minutemen were local militias, and basically a bunch of half-trained, undisciplined guerrillas. Washington deeply hated the militias. One of his first acts as President was to badger Congress to provide for a standing army in the budget. He never wanted the country to have to depend on a bunch of amateurs.

Minutemen are an okay pick for America as a whole, a la Civ V, or for a Revolutionary War icon like Sam Adams or Paul Revere, but not Washington. He would have ground his not-actually-wood teeth at the thought of it.

"Frontiersman." Early ranger/upgraded scout unit.

What is inappropriate with Frederick Barbarossa?
Nothing. Inappropriate was the wrong word to use. I'd just like a leader that more accurately represents Germany as it is today.

Nothing. Inappropriate was the wrong word to use. I'd just like a leader that more accurately represents Germany as it is today.
If you mean Merkel, then I propose May for England. :mad:
Adenauer, Brandt... I could live with that. I'm assuming with "as it is today" you mean post-WW2?

If you mean Merkel, then I propose May for England. :mad:
Adenauer, Brandt... I could live with that. I'm assuming with "as it is today" you mean post-WW2?
I just want Otto von Bismarck back really :p

Or Hitler but I know that will never happen.

I believe we will have a few more DLCs before the first expansion.
Let's speculate a bit:
Poland -> Europe
Australia -> Oceania
Persia and Macedonia -> Middle East
Nubia -> Africa
Khmer and Indonesia -> South East Asia

The Americas are the only continents that have not yet been filled in the DLCs, my guesses are:

Incas: a very desired civ, certainly with a lot of marketing appeal. South America lacks pre-Columbian representation and the Incas is the best choice, obviously.
A civ native to North America: I do not know what it would be, but I think we're going to Iroquois again or Sioux. Developers can go to some new name, such as Creek, Cherokee or Navajo.

Canada is unlikely, we already have a modern civ among the DLCs, it may be that Canadians are reserved for an expansion.

I do not rule out the possibility of having one more European civ among the DLCs, though.

With the DLCs and the recent patch, Civ6 feels pretty solid to me. I definitely think the game is ready for a big expansion.
What really bothers me is the tech and civic trees. They feel very incomplete and bare. Dead-end techs, one-branch techs that allow you or the AI to bee-line eras ahead... I was playing a game last night where 5 civs had reached the Renaissance by 650 BC. Even the barbarians had caravels by then! That's just one of the issues I have with the game... in my opinion it could be polished up some more. But I'm hoping the expansions do that.

What really bothers me is the tech and civic trees. They feel very incomplete and bare. Dead-end techs, one-branch techs that allow you or the AI to bee-line eras ahead... I was playing a game last night where 5 civs had reached the Renaissance by 650 BC. Even the barbarians had caravels by then! That's just one of the issues I have with the game... in my opinion it could be polished up some more. But I'm hoping the expansions do that.

I think that is what the expansions are for. Expansions usually add a lot of new content so they will probably add new techs/civics along with new units, new buildings, new wonders etc...

This is a criticism that comes up a lot, and I understand that it can be an immersion breaker for some people. The thing that I don't understand though, is why all the solutions people propose for it revolve around things like "we need more techs to research" or "we need to slow down how quickly you can advance through eras" so that the game takes more time.

The date provided for each turn, and the advances in time between one turn and the next, are arbitrary numbers.

All Firaxis really needs to do is accelerate the time period that passes between one turn and the next and most people wouldn't even notice the anachronisms that emerge between tech level and date. There's no need to slow everything down in terms of actual turn numbers to make the date and tech level match up, standard-speed Civ games already take multiple hours to complete, and if what you are actually looking for is a longer game, then use epic or marathon settings. :)

The original Civ 5 tech tree was a skeleton compared to how it ended up. Wasn't most of it added in an expansion? Pretty sure 4 was that way too, but I'm old and can't remember.

I will be very curious to see what the focus of the expansions will be.
The original Civ 5 tech tree was a skeleton compared to how it ended up. Wasn't most of it added in an expansion? Pretty sure 4 was that way too, but I'm old and can't remember.

Yes. In fact, I think the devs purposely leave out techs from the vanilla game so that they can add it in the expansion.

I will be very curious to see what the focus of the expansions will be.

Yes. In fact, I think the devs purposely leave out techs from the vanilla game so that they can add it in the expansion.
Tbf, elsewise we might have much more techs like square rigging, that only add one unit... and now got one passive boost so its not completely empty for Indonesia. ^^"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom