What are you watching on Youtube now? η'

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very amazing work. Extra ordinary!

Once again, I shake my head in dismay with another "recommendations" algorithm on the web. I swear, it sometimes feels like they haven't meaningfully improved in 15 years. YouTube is not only recommending every "first-time watching" or "...listening to" reaction video under the Sun, they seem to be confined to videos featuring songs and movies I've already seen other people react to. I guess it's possible the community of people who enjoy watching these videos is so insular and narrow-minded that they keep recommending and requesting the same videos over and over and over (and the YouTubers, financially invested in garnering as many viewers, 'likes', and subscribers as possible, lean towards fulfilling those requests made the most frequently).

I mean... "he taught himself german, through reading Heine" sounds like something crazy Lorelei would be singing when the sailor lost consciousness and crushed into the reef ^_^
And straight from Heine to Schopenhauer!
I wouldn't send him to the shop with a list of dinner ingredients if that was his method of learning German. :)
Some of her other comments later in the show were also a bit dubious.

Still, any public discussion in English of Borges is a rarity so even that curate's egg was interesting to me.
I would have liked to have heard opinions on Umberto Eco's unflattering depiction of Borges in The Name of the Rose.

Once again, I shake my head in dismay with another "recommendations" algorithm on the web. I swear, it sometimes feels like they haven't meaningfully improved in 15 years. YouTube is not only recommending every "first-time watching" or "...listening to" reaction video under the Sun, they seem to be confined to videos featuring songs and movies I've already seen other people react to. I guess it's possible the community of people who enjoy watching these videos is so insular and narrow-minded that they keep recommending and requesting the same videos over and over and over (and the YouTubers, financially invested in garnering as many viewers, 'likes', and subscribers as possible, lean towards fulfilling those requests made the most frequently).
Stumbled onto this vid, and the top comment: "Ok, youtube algorithm, you win this time." :lol:

This one is awesome, too.

Incidentally, I don't know if Puddles is much taller than I realized or Reinhart is much shorter than I thought. And she's wearing heels in this video.

EDIT: Oh. Yeah. Mike Geier (Puddles) is 6' 8" and Reinhart is 5' 2".

Last edited:
Music, Mandelbrots, and Chocolate Cakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom