What is the best line you heard in a movie?

sabo

My Ancestors were Vikings
I thought of this when I saw the post on best line in a book. The best line I ever heard in a movie was Clint Eastwood in "The outlaw Josie Wales" Clint (Josey) was sitting at a table in a Saloon with his back to the wall and feet up, a bounty hunter comes strolling in and says "I"m looking for the Josey Wales"
then he looks a Clint and Clint is giving him the famous "Clint glint" and he says "I be Josey Wales" well the Bounty hunter decides he doen'st want to mess with this guy so he backs out of the Saloon, he comes back in a few seconds later and looks at Clint and says "A man's gotta make a living" Clint glares at him and says "Dying ain't much of a living boy". :lol:

Of course 2 seconds later after the smoke settles there is one dead bounty hunter and Clint is spitting into the spitoon.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
(Apocalypse Now!)

"My name is Gladiator."
(Gladiator)

Its ok we can walk to the sidewalk from here - Woody to Annie Hall after she parks the car.

You're not too smart are you? I like that in a man.

Kathleen Turner . Body Heat. :eek:

"A man's got to know his limitations"

"How can you shoot innocent women and children?"
"It's easy, you just have to lead a bit more"

"I'm not in the vagina business"

"Go ahead, make my day"

The "Do ya feel lucky" speech.

"But there's a face out there now, somewhere out beyond the edge of the crowd"

"So where does the power come from, to see the race to it's end. From within."

"I had a farm in Africa..."

"What are you rebelling against?"
"What have you got?"

"We'll always have Paris"

"Now there are just two of us; young Aubrey Montague and myself, who can close our eyes and remember those few young men, with hope in our hearts, and wings on our heels."

"This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime"

"He finally did it, Aubrey. He ran them off their feet"

The shriek of triumph by one of the inmates at the end of 'One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest' would also be a contender.

"Hello, my name in Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"I learnt a new word today...Atom Bomb. It was like God taking a photograph."

"I didn't know how empty was my soul until it was filled. Ready my knights for battle! They will ride with their King once more. I have lived through others far too long! Lancelot carried my honor and Guenevere my guilt. My knights have fought my causes. Mordred carries my sins. Now, at last, I will rule!"

"I was not born to live a man's life, but to be the stuff of future memory. The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be."

"I have often thought that in the hereafter of our lives, when I owe no more to the future and can be just a man, that we may meet, and you will come to me and claim me as yours, and know that I am your husband.
It is a dream I have..."

"You brought me back. Your love brought me back. Back to where you are now, in the land of dreams..."
"Is this a dream? Tell me, Merlin! Merlin!"
"A dream for some. And a nightmare for others!"

"For the last couple of months, Senator Rumson has suggested that being President of this country was, to a certain extent, about character. Although I've not been willing to engage in his attacks on me, I've been here for three years and three days, and I can tell you without hesitation that being President of this country is entirely about character.

For the record: yes, I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU, but the more important question is, "Why aren't you, Bob?" Now this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, so it naturally begs the question: why wouldn't a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the Constitution? Now if you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago.

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center-stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

I've known Bob Rumson for years, and I'd been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob spends so much time and energy shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong, Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it; Bob's problem is that he can't sell it. We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things, and two things only: making you afraid of it, and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections.

You gather a group, of middle-class, middle-age, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family, and American values, and character, and then you wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism and you tell them that she's to blame for their lot in life, and then you go on television, and you call her a whore.

Sydney Ellen Wade has done nothing to you, Bob. She has done nothing but put herself through school, represent the interests of public school teachers, and lobby for the safety of our natural resources. You want a character debate, Bob? You better stick with me, 'cause Sydney Ellen Wade is way out of your league.

I've loved two women in my life. I lost one to cancer, and I lost the other 'cause I was so busy keeping my job, that I forgot to do my job.

Well, that ends right now. Tomorrow morning, the White House is sending a bill to Congress for its consideration. It's White House Resolution 455, an energy bill requiring a twenty percent reduction of the emission of fossil fuels over the next ten years. It is, by far, the most aggressive stride ever taken in the fight to reverse the effects of global warming. The other piece of legislation is the crime bill. As of today, it no longer exists--I'm throwing it out. I'm throwing it out and writing a law that makes sense. You cannot address crime prevention without getting rid of assault weapons and handguns. I consider them a threat to national security, and I will go door to door if I have to--but I'm gonna convince Americans that I'm right, and I'm gonna get the guns.

We've got serious problems--and we need serious people. And if you want to talk about character, Bob, you better come at me with more than a burning flag and a membership card. If you want to talk about character and American values, fine. Just tell me where and when, and I'll show up. This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up.

My name is Andrew Shepherd and I am the President."

In no particular order ...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." The Shawshank Redemption

"What say there, fuzzy britches?" The Shawshank Redemption

"Do as I say woman!" Highlander

"That's my corn out there, you guys are guests in my corn!" Field of Dreams

"Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?" Pulp Fiction

And finally (at least until I think of more)

"Alright, alright I apologize. I'm really, really sorry. I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact and was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future."

Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id...id...ids..."
Man With No Name: [taking the note] "Idiots. It's for you."

Tuco: "God is on our side because he hates the Yanks!"
Man With No Name: "God is not on our side because he hates idiots also."

[surveying some Civil War carnage]
Man With No Name: "I've never seen so many men wasted so bad."

[Tuco is in a bubble bath. The One Armed Man enters the room.]
One Armed Man: "I've been looking for you for 8 months. Whenever I should have had a gun in my right hand, I thought of you. Now I find you in exactly the position that suits me. I had lots of time to learn to shoot with my left."
[Tuco kills him with the gun he has hidden in the foam.]
Tuco: "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."

All quotes taken from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

starring Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, and Lee Van Cleef

The Hammer Horror flick: 'Dr Phibes Rises Again'...
At the cheesy finale of this 1970's movie;
The villian, Biederbeck, is left injured, watching the gloating Price escape...
Both have spent the movie vying to gain the secret of eternal life...Which Dr Phibes now has.

Biedrbeck: "I'll see you in hell, Phibes"
Dr Phibes: "Not for a considerable time, I trust!" (followed by Price's trademark laughter)

A classic!
:cool:

"Ultimately, We are all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose how. But we can decide how, so at least we will remembered...as men."

Oliver Reed in Gladiator.

"One thing I could never stand about Santa Clara, is all the damn vampires"

The Lost Boys

"Today is a good day to die" - Old Lodge Skins speaking in "Little Big Man" (1970)

"You see, we're on a mission from God" - Elwood in "The Blues Brothers"

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy" - Mandy in "The Life of Brian"

Top Bottom