Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Virginia

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Washington

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.1%

• Total voters
No, it has plenty of bad stuff about it as well.

For starters: having 40 days of rainfall straight on occasion. Thats a killer, right there.

A record not seen since the Flood.

A record not seen since the Flood.

Not true. While the 'official' record of it in Washington is 33 days in a row, locally there was a 40 day streak of precipitation (although for record purposes not defined as rain) during a period in which Washington officially had 90 days of rain in a 120 day period. Wasnt an official record, but in my book it did rain some each day for over 40 days during that period.

The overall point being....it rains a whole hell of a lot in Western Washington. A point that is simply not disputable.

Spokane (Valley) is an excellent city. There's a low crime rate, great schools, almost no traffic congestion, no pollution, an active job market...

And the weather in Spokane is such that if you don't like it, just wait ten minutes. It'll change.

Thus, while out of the running for best state (I already voted), I'd like to nominate Spokane as one of the top ten places to live in the U.S.

P.S. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that so many people on this forum know so much about my home state. I had always thought that we were a little-known area of the country, always confused with D.C. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Not true. While the 'official' record of it in Washington is 33 days in a row, locally there was a 40 day streak of precipitation (although for record purposes not defined as rain) during a period in which Washington officially had 90 days of rain in a 120 day period. Wasnt an official record, but in my book it did rain some each day for over 40 days during that period.

The overall point being....it rains a whole hell of a lot in Western Washington. A point that is simply not disputable.

And in Western Oregon...we're the rainiest area in the entire country by far.

Eh...it could be worse. Everyone always complains about the rain but I kinda like it.

Spokane (Valley) is an excellent city. There's a low crime rate, great schools, almost no traffic congestion, no pollution, an active job market...

And the weather in Spokane is such that if you don't like it, just wait ten minutes. It'll change.

Thus, while out of the running for best state (I already voted), I'd like to nominate Spokane as one of the top ten places to live in the U.S.

P.S. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that so many people on this forum know so much about my home state. I had always thought that we were a little-known area of the country, always confused with D.C. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Spokane is a nice place. I haven't actually been there but I've driven thru while on a road trip and it seemed quite lovely.

And yeah, the PacNorthwest is a pretty little-known area in my experience. When I was over on the East Coast a few years ago people would say "Oh you're from Oregon? Don't they grow lots of corn out there?" :lol::crazyeye:

Top Bottom